It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Makes perfectly good sense tome.

Obama sent the guy over there.

It IS OBAMAS Diplomat.

Obama said this himself.

OK so if you send them over there, do you not think it is your responsibility ultimately to see they are kept safe and not sodomized?

I think the Kool-Aid vendor better cut you off.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Sources are on this page, LoL...

prior page now....
edit on 19-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: page moved

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Isn't that sort of fudge packing going on in Syria as well?

I find your choice of words NOT OPTIMAL.
edit on 19-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Was it "optimal" when Martin Luther King was killed?

Although, it will be optimal in just two weeks the lame duck is officially crown...King of Kenya!!!!

edit on 19-10-2012 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama fan, however I find the gay-bashing and Kenya remarks on this page reprehensible.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I'm not an Obama fan, however I find the gay-bashing and Kenya remarks on this page reprehensible.

Nor am I, and think those gay-bashing comments are reprehensible as well.. so I give you a star on that one.

I am just a Daily show fan. So I think last night our back and forth was maybe a misunderstanding.
I happen to agree with you on the fact, it was a poor choice of a word.. And I will leave it at that.

But the Daily show is a great program and does offer a good change of pace.
Granted I am no fan of Obama, thus he said other things on that program that where by far more pick worthy than what you pointed out, I guess that is why I was debating you.. I just did not bring that up, as its not part of the topic.

But if I may.. he down played the use of drones, Saying its not a "sexy" issue.
He also down played the use of illegal wiretapping and made it out as if, Obama made it legal. I would have gone with those.. But that is just me..
edit on 19-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit for spelling

Also.. Obama drones have lead to the death of many innocent lives in other countries. That is sad, and sickening at the same time.
That should not take away from the 4 American deaths, however, there are more important issues that could be much more thread worthy of this many pages, than the poor use of one word.
edit on 19-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit to add

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Mother Of Slain SEAL Tells Romney To Stop Talking About Her Son After telling the story one last time in Ohio, the campaign says it will be removed from the stump speech.

When both Fox News' "Special Report with Bret Baier" and CNN's "The Situation Room" reported the same story at the same time about a problem Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was having with his references to the death of ex-Navy SEAL Glen Doherty in his speeches, it was a perfect opportunity to compare the amount of partisan political bias from the two networks

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It is officially unconfirmed. That does not mean it is unreliable. At this time they are not releasing any information.

"They". Who is that?

Answer me that, and you will hopefully understand why I say that the information is "unreliable". "They" have an interest in keeping your jimmies rustled over those troublesome Muslims. So adding in a little embellisment here and there....that is how it works.

And in the Obama administration we have proof of this. During the UBL raid, it was at first almost being reported that Obama ran in and ripped his throat out with his bare hands. As the story came out, it turns out it was nothing like it was first reported. And that was only after extreme pressure by just about everybody because of the gaping holes in their story.

The US Government is about as reliable as Weekly World News. You will only get told whatever propaganda they want you to know. How many times do they have to lie about killing people before people start to get it?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The US Government is about as reliable as Weekly World News. You will only get told whatever propaganda they want you to know. How many times do they have to lie about killing people before people start to get it?

Sad.

Sad that this is the truth.

This Administration is just another, in a long line of Administrations, who answers to no one.

I shall dare say, its taken it to another level though. One that mocks the Constitution, every chance it gets.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
can't find the story, really don't care to look any more, it's a UK site as well so I could even care less.
sounds like more US bashing to me, and not anything to do with Obama

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What's the bellyaching about? He wasn't making a joke, and he was acknowledging that the attack and its consequences were not good things. He also said the incident was being investigated in order t osee if some things need to be fixed. Yet you -- and the other histrionic Obama detractors on this thread and elsewhere on ATS -- wish to feign indignation by Obama's words and the fact that he appeared on the Jon Stewart Show. WHICH A LOT OF POLITICIANS DO.

People calling it a fake news show are not telling the truth because real news items do get discussed there. And in the interview with the guest, some real questions on serious issued do get asked and discussed. I love how the Obama haters keep on referring to this an interview on the Comedy Central Network/Channel, in an attempt to make it seem like the whole thing was discussed for yucks/laughs.

As another poster here has asserted, the right-wing is showing mental illness in its extreme and ongoing specious rhetoric about this topic. It is very much like Orley Taitz going on and on about Obama's citizenship. PATHETIC, SICK AND SHAMEFUL -- not to mention stupid.

edit on 20-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Agit8dChop

What rock have you been living under? Google is your friend.

link

So here is a question.
Is google, your friend?

Because google is rebuffing you on this.

You say you have a college degree in English?
So you went to college to master your native language?
Funny because I was raised in and English speaking home so when I went to college, I studied things I did not know about. You had to study English to the point of a degree and still are confused by what happened?

Oh, I see. You started this thread from a right wing rag instead of actually watching the interview yourself. How is that not ignorant?

What does an English degree get you anyway? Are you considered a master of the language or does it just qualify you to tell other English speakers what you think English words mean?

I honestly do not get your claim of a worthless degree. "Hey I have a degree in pissing! I know more about pissing than anyone else!!!!" That is what an English degree for an English speaking American reads to me. Do you also have degrees in pumping gas? Cooking eggs? What other normal things Americans can do by the age of 5 do you have degrees in and how do they help this discussion?

I would think someone with an English degree would want all the information available before spouting off on it. Yet you did. Why? This thread is so confusing for someone who watched the interview before coming here to see this thread.

All these pages and I fail to see what your English degree is doing for you here. All you are doing is misconstruing things. I cannot imagine a master of the English language having as much trouble as you are understanding context.

PM me what school you got that degree from. I see an audit coming.

Here is a question for you. Which of the following is correct?

"Obama let both of us, Jason and I down."
"Obama let both of us, Jason and me down."

Just curious how reliable that degree claim is in America in the 2012. Because I am a native English speaker and yet, I did not have to go to college for it and I feel I understand it better than you.

The only way to actually have an honest discussion about this is to be honest. Start with you starting this thread before you even saw the interview.

Do you have a source that even you cannot call unreliable or unconfirmed or are you just concerned with sending a false message?
edit on 20-10-2012 by Helllo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

Where exactly did you find proof of my ever supporting GW? Please link your proof, thanks.

Yes unless we all march in lockstep with your candidate we are a bunch of stupid, illiterate haters. It kind of goes against everything your educators have taught you to find out otherwise. I'm so sorry to burst your collective bubbles. Just because you think it doesn't make it so.

Of course you did not support GW. Apparently no Republican on the planet ever did. All you righties love his policies as much as you love to claim you did not support him. Who the # kept voting for him then? Not one Republican I can find will admit to supporting him yet here you are, standing up for his meme.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
here are some common tactics.

The Manual to Debating a Liberal, from a former Liberal

Wow, you sourced a website someone made on Angelfire. And that means?????

Because I am looking over your list and all I see are the righties in this thread using those tactics. Maybe I am wrong. Still looking for a source on the sodomizing you all keep ignoring requests for.

Is this thread even for real? I read one the stupidest things ever in here and I still trying to find it again.

Basically the premise here is " I read something on a blog and it told me how to feel. Now that is how I feel, without even seeing the content for myself. Now I have 'acts' I cannot back up and a huge misunderstanding of the words used."

Seriously, how is pointing to some crap someone put up on angelfire relevant to this actual thread other than the sheer hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Hawking
Well unfortunately FoxNews will always be a much bigger joke than anything else on cable, and yet conservative politicians use it to pander to their supporters.

You got a dozen networks and print media and liberal politicians using their power to pander and manipulate, but all you can complain about is the one network out there doing it for the other side? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And I believe it was Romney who politicized the Benghazi attacks five minutes after they happened. Because he's an arrogant fool who has little respect for those who died that day. He made that clear in the 2nd debate. Guess you didn't watch it.

The guy you support LIED and claimed it all happened because of an internet video, which lead to the creator being incarcerated! Are you people out of your minds?

Lied about what?

Tell me exactly.

Then can you explain AM radio to me? Is there only one right wing network out there or are there TONS OF THEM? I guess you never heard of radio?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Wow a another thread trying to turn nothing into something. The partisan insanity continues. Goes along just great with this one.

Yea right - tell his grieving mother that..................

'My son is not very optimal - he is very dead':

So if her dead son's death is not optimal, then that means she apparently thinks him being dead is optimal. Obama never said her son was optimal. He said her sons death and the response to it was not optimal. That is ok, a lot of you seem really ignorant of the English language. Hell, the OP had to go to college for it and still gets it wrong so you all and this mom get a pass on not understanding words

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Hawking

Fox puts CNN and MSNBC to shame. CNN and MSNBC act like state media, it's disgusting. At least Fox has some bi-partisan to it and blast both candidates some what. At least you get to hear both pictures from Democrats and Republicans on Fox.
edit on 19-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I am having a really hard time finding FOX news inviting Obama or any democrat on to speak their mind fairly. I am pretty sure you are suffering from a delusion. I would be glad to be proven wrong. When was the last time FOX interviews Obama?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

Makes perfectly good sense tome.

Obama sent the guy over there.

It IS OBAMAS Diplomat.

Obama said this himself.

OK so if you send them over there, do you not think it is your responsibility ultimately to see they are kept safe and not sodomized?

I think the Kool-Aid vendor better cut you off.

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying the president should be held responsible for acts of violence he has no control over?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join