It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The idea that this President went on a fake news show on a comedy network and dared utter one word about four men who died as a result of his own incompetence is disgusting. Doesn't he get that it really happened?

Will this generate as much outrage as a governor reviewing a binder of women's resumes for job opportunities?

President Barack Obama, during an interview to be shown on Comedy Central, has responded to a question about his administration's confused communication after the Benghazi attack, by saying: 'If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.' Read more: Read more:

edit on Sat Oct 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well unfortunately FoxNews will always be a much bigger joke than anything else on cable, and yet conservative politicians use it to pander to their supporters.

And I believe it was Romney who politicized the Benghazi attacks five minutes after they happened. Because he's an arrogant fool who has little respect for those who died that day. He made that clear in the 2nd debate. Guess you didn't watch it.

Do your homework before you get offended by semantics

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I honestly don't understand your gripe. Did you watch the show? I did. His comment is no different than saying the death of four Americans is not what we want. I guess people will interpret it to hear what they want. Oh yeah, and he was in town for a benefit. So what if tv shows are how they campaign now. Times are changing.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oh just give it up.

The Right's crying and whining and continuing to try to politicize Americans death is starting to border on flat out mental illness.

No shame at all in using the deaths of Americans as political pawns and objects to push agendas.

Fake outrage and lies.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It surprises me in no way that Obama made jokes about the deaths of any american citizens. He does and has said many things that should anger Americans, as he goes against what american ideals used to be on a pretty consistent basis. He has caused more harm than good as far as traditional American values should be (and used to be).

As far as your link is concerned OP, it just takes me to the main page, and I am having a hard time locating the article.

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
so...your saying it..is optimal?

Guess I am not understanding where your going with this.
Or...

Actually, nevermind. lets face it. Your offended that this guy keeps breathing..that offends you..and anything that makes sounds that comes from his mouth is somehow an attack on you.

No worries...

only 4 more years and you don't have to even hear about him anymore.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
It surprises me in no way that Obama made jokes about the deaths of any american citizens.

He made jokes?

What were those jokes? Or are you just typing to see if your keyboard still works?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Here it is:

link

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Wrong wording. Apologies. I meant comments. I was thinking that he is a joke at the time and I typed it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Rubicant13

Here it is:

link

I'm not sure I like his casual mentioning of their deaths either. It makes their deaths look immaterial in his comments. And I like how he stated after about the "next four years of his presidency." Someone seems very confident. But it is Obama, and he will be the first to tell everyone how great he is.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

To me he seems to be detached from reality, something just isn't right.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It isn't optimal if Americans get killed.

What is your point? Do you not know what the word optimal means or something? You think Americans getting killed is a good thing?

op·ti·mal
adjective ˈäp-tə-məl
Definition of OPTIMAL
: most desirable or satisfactory : optimum

I'll translate it for you;

Obama; It is a bad thing when Americans get killed.

edit on 19-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The ambassador and three aides were sodomized, tortured and then murdered, and Obama's choice of response goes from a bump in the road to not optimal. Only the kool-aid consuming supporters want to give him four more years.

I'll tell you what; Obama has been far less than optimal as president, and has a far from optimal record.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Most favorable or desirable? So just what the heck is "optimal" for Americans being killed? Is ten optimal,? twenty,? fifty more favorable or desirable?.... apparently the four killed in the Behgahzi attack is just a "bump in the road" for Obama.

link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

The right doesn't whine any more than the left and the OP can post any topic she likes, that is with in TOS.

I don't think the Stewart show is an acceptable venue for these sort of topics myself and I think it diminishes the office of the presidency, he seems afraid of the tough questions.

What President Obama secretly told a town hall participant about the Libya attack after the debate ...

Read more: www.foxnews.com... icDYFDT

He tried to explain that the reason he took so long between that initial announcement in the Rose Garden and about two weeks later when he formally announced it as an act of terrorism,

So he gets right down off the stage and admits he didn't call it an act of terror, make up my mind.

link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

sodomized and tortured?

I didn't read that (or i cant remember)

not saying your wrong but can you back that up ?

I don't believe the people doing the looting were innocent of the deaths, but i didn't think they sodomized and tortured.

I like the comment above

... if Obama breathes people use it as a reason to hate him. How on earth Bush got away with what he did, yet Obama gets singled out I will never understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Too little,and too late.
next...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Um, Obama said it is NOT optimal if Americans get killed. I don't understand what you are complaining about.

not optimal = bad

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by campanionator

Too little,and too late.
next...

you're not making any sense. turn off fox news and get some sleep.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join