It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Some believe that we didn't need to use the first ones.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Why does every solution have to deal with an attack. It's obvious that the ME is in the position its in because they have been exploited by the rest of the world and when they try to rise in the ranks they get kicked back to the bottom. I'm sure if someone actually went into the Middle East and tried build their infrastructure BEFORE an attack the people and gov't might be more receptive. Sure there are the terrorist cells but you can't snap your fingers to get rid of them just the same as you can't bomb them out of existence. If you help the people and the government regain control over their part of the world the people will no longer support the terrorist cells. There will be lots of blood loss to fix the Middle East but I would rather spill blood in an effort to do the right thing than to spill it in vain like Iraq and Afghanistan. Remember no matter what your message is when you go into another country you are the invader just like if any other country came into your back yard. NO army trains for peace it only trains for war and that's why everyone is at war. It will take everyone laying down their weapons and helping each other to get over this hump and I don't think it will ever happen.

WHY do you keep replying to me as if I think we should attack Iran??

Are you slow?

If you re-read EVERY post I have made I am against ANY attack.

Heres something for you. Have you ever thought of talking to me without attacking me first. What if you built a relationship before trying to attack? Maybe if you were awake enough to know what I am saying.. Maybe if you knew my post history. Maybe..
edit on 10/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Now you know how I feel when talking to people about this issue. No one cares what you post. They will go on believeing what they want regardless. Countless times I hear Iran only wants peaceful energy and 20% enrichment. Then Iran comes out and says they want nuclear submarines and 60% enrichment and months of defending their peaceful progress is abandoned and a new position adopted.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This will give Obama something to boast about in next week's debate of the puppets.

Peace? Hah.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
if this is true, which is unlikely, good, if only because it will send aipac and netanyahu into a fury. on the other hand, the source is a neocon propaganda outlet, so this is likely a fabrication designed to make obama look weak on iran before the election.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I was replying to your question of " should we attack or not?" I was making the point that in every little problem with the world the only options are "attack or don't". The United States is in such a strategic location that no one can touch us. So why we continue to build our military to fight other peoples battles is beyond me. We have so many people here in the US that would go running into NK and the ME to help them find out what their issues are peacefully but the only option we use is military. But like I said we will probably never see peace because the ones who run the united states run the military and that's how they get paid. Trust me if NK got turned around the people would never let a crazy run their show the only reason they don't revolt is fear. But if the UN said a global force will be going into NK and ME to turn it around and the leaders said no that leader would be dead in 24 hours killed by his/her own people. I know this all sounds like a pipe dream but stuff like that used to happen in the past. I think that the United States and UN back off the use of force and let Iran and NK do their thing. It's nothing to make a nuke, it's everything to use one.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Now you know how I feel when talking to people about this issue. No one cares what you post. They will go on believeing what they want regardless. Countless times I hear Iran only wants peaceful energy and 20% enrichment. Then Iran comes out and says they want nuclear submarines and 60% enrichment and months of defending their peaceful progress is abandoned and a new position adopted.

I Don't trust Iran.

I also do NOT want to attack Iran.

Does anybody get this??

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yours seems to be the only responsible position.

May I suggest keeping up the pressure through sanctions and other means until the Iranian people themselves replace the crazy government with one that's sane?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Nah man.. You are not understanding the way I talk..
Your post is not responding to what I think.
Are you actually from the US writing in blocks like that?

I was never asking a question about attacking or not attacking..

I am only leaving room for discussion.

Seeing as how everyone only seems to read what they want to see I figured I could give an opinion gently and let both sides argue my points. Now I see you guys are not grown enough. I am either wrong or right...

I am very glad none of you guys are running this country (as much as I hate the takeover of America right now)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Yours seems to be the only responsible position.

May I suggest keeping up the pressure through sanctions and other means until the Iranian people themselves replace the crazy government with one that's sane?

YES!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I Don't trust Iran.

Does anybody get this??

Pretty much my beliefs. I favor alternative methods, and an attack only if it's the last resort. At this point, it's not, sanctions are working. There may come a time when an attack is necessary, I hope not though.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I Don't trust Iran.

Does anybody get this??

I feel that same feel bro. The United States hands are tied in this matter. We have no edge in this matter. All we can really do is sit back and let it play out. I bet if Israel backed off, Iran would back off too. I can only hope. I feel for the ME and what is going on their but maybe just maybe if everyone took a step back and let the cards play out the end hand might not be as bad as everyone is thinking. Sure Iran threatened Israel but then again who hasn't. Do you know how many countries the United States have threatened and in the end did nothing. Some people just like to hear themselves talk. Let them build a nuke. If they use it then, handle the aftermath. Nukes will never go away. Who can you really blame for the nuclear problems we have today. Iran who is just copying from someone else so they can climb the global ladder or the dumbasses who created it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Our hands are NOT tied.
I was in the Army about 5 years ago.

Trust me, our hands are not tied.

Also trust me when I say military options suck compared to fixing things with words...

If need be however.. Well, they don't match up.. Pissing off Russia and China isn't in our interest, but our hands are not tied.

Israel has NO plays left in this game. It's up to the big dogs now. Look up Iran on a globe and then look at Israel. Look up bunker busters.. Look up radiation...

Israel has been left out of this "debate"

The World is GRAY. It's not NO or YES... It's some weird mixture of 1000,s of variables...
edit on 10/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

I feel that same feel bro. The United States hands are tied in this matter. We have no edge in this matter. All we can really do is sit back and let it play out. I bet if Israel backed off, Iran would back off too. I can only hope. I feel for the ME and what is going on their but maybe just maybe if everyone took a step back and let the cards play out the end hand might not be as bad as everyone is thinking.

As long as Israel are in the Middle East, there is going to be a bad ending. A deal might delay the inevitable but Israel will continue to push with or without the approval of the USA. The least that could happen from that is the USA coming to their aid.

Sure Iran threatened Israel but then again who hasn't. Do you know how many countries the United States have threatened and in the end did nothing. Some people just like to hear themselves talk. Let them build a nuke. If they use it then, handle the aftermath. Nukes will never go away. Who can you really blame for the nuclear problems we have today. Iran who is just copying from someone else so they can climb the global ladder or the dumbasses who created it in the first place.

See the thing is Iran haven't threatened Israel. Has anyone ever thought that maybe Israel threatened Irans security by building nuclear weapons when Israel aren't a member of the Non-Proliferation treaty? Iran are a member yet they are being bullied and accused of being irrational before they even have a WMD or the ability to enrich uranium to the requirements needed.
edit on 19-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why is this thread not dead yet?

There isn't a single true sentence in the oh-so-reliable WND post.

link   

What more can we do? We are just the middle man. And to think that the ME was heaven on earth for millions before oil was discovered.

link   
while i don't like the iranian regime, the sanctions are based on a lie, namely that iran is pursuing nuclear weapons and that supposedly renouncing its non-existent nuclear ambitions they will be lifted. every iranian offer including the last one has been ignored, or the goalposts have been moved, the reason being that intention is to entrench the regime further and make dialogue impossible. the whole thing is a charade based on a fabrication, just like iraq, and the desired end is war.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl
while i don't like the iranian regime, the sanctions are based on a lie, namely that iran is pursuing nuclear weapons and that supposedly renouncing its non-existent nuclear ambitions they will be lifted. every iranian offer including the last one has been ignored, or the goalposts have been moved, the reason being that intention is to entrench the regime further and make dialogue impossible. the whole thing is a charade based on a fabrication, just like iraq, and the desired end is war.

If you don't like the Iranian regime then you should despise the Saudi regime. The only difference is that the Saudis would not dare mess with the west. To this day, they continue to punish their people just as the Iranians do.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Israel has NO plays left in this game. It's up to the big dogs now. Look up Iran on a globe and then look at Israel. Look up bunker busters.. Look up radiation...

Israel has been left out of this "debate"

Although I agree with you for the most part, I also wouldnt dismiss a rogue israel going for Iran. No they dont have the power to face Iran alone, but bibi and barak are 2 crazies who actually talk a lot more than they do. Now even if they're scared #less right now, they're also between a rock and a hard place.

Bibi and Barak have been saying this world and the next about Iran, how they stand alone and proud, bibi even went to the US saying "we dont need the US to defend Israel, Israel can defend herself", all fine and dandy but now, specially alone, they'll have to put their money where their mouth has been all this time.

So its possible they decide, in a somewhat either suicidal or sacrificial way, to go on with those words since Israel faces ridicule before the whole world, and specially in the eyes of their enemies, of never meeting those threats with any action at all and that is a sign of weakness Israel cant afford - not while being surrounded by ppl who, until now, been afraid or at least on the fence because of the loud barking. But if the dog doesnt actually bite, the bark will not work forever. Their "friendly neighborhood" is not so afraid anymore and its getting stronger and noticing Israel is just about the bark.

This is why I believe a bibi-barak lone rogue action is possible. Foolish but possible. Plus you cant trust israel. Israel is like the little kid that grew up being bullied and now has a gun and will use it if he feels the LEAST threatened. If Israel sees itself in very very dire straits, the possibility of using its nukes is far greater than any other country in the world - including so-called "crazy" Iran. The bullied kid can and will lose its marbles if under great deals of pressure. They cant afford to be bullied anymore and again, till this day it was all bark and no bite, and they have to show the world that they can bite.

Either way its a lose-lose situation for israel. If they pick a fight alone, without the might of the US covering their backs, they'll get crushed. If they see things going slightly off and need to prove something and by any chance use nukes, the world will obliterate them, maybe by the US itself - because by Russia, China and its friends, its almost certain they'll pound Israel to the ground, the surprise key here will be the US turning on them for such act. If on the other hand they do nothing, they show weakness, therefore face annihilation by the hands of their friendly neighborhood.

At least one of these things HAS to happen. And the only good thing about Obama is his lack of support towards Israel.
edit on 19-10-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

I agree with this post more than any other here.

even though the US lies, and even though there is no proof, I wouldn't put it past them to be sneaky...

That aside I agree it is mostly a charade.

One boy has cried wolf WAY too many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join