It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Obama gets Deal with Iran!

article.wn.com

Iranian and U.S. negotiators have reached an agreement that calls for Iran to halt part of its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of many of the U.S. sanctions against the Islamic regime, according to a highly placed source. Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, expects a letter from President Obama in a few days...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is fantastic october surprise material!

Personally, I believe that they must have strong-armed Iran behind closed doors.

The other option, is they've already got what part they needed, and are going to buy the rest.

article.wn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-10-2012 by auto73912621 because: (no reason given)

+52 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

The Iranian leadership realises how weak the Obama administration is. So it would be in their best interests to do anything they could to keep Obama in office.

S&F

+49 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A good thing happens that possibly averts a hot conflict and you go all "ObamaBad!" ?

You have to be kidding me...

Anyways, despite those who would like to sit in an echo chamber all day, this is a good thing...a great thing. Hopefully this will promote a cooling down on the side of the Israelis. Conflict averted, for now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Perhaps, though I didn't say that "they" was the Obama administration necessarily, as far as my theory about strong-arm tactics. I have read other theories related to that.

It is possible that they just want to make Obama look like he has a shot in the dark at foreign policy skill. Neither of our current candidates have that ability. Someone has to be a true advocate of the american people for them to do that job.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now finally he can get back to world of warcraft..
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 18-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
link   
We had a little bit of a "warning" on this a week and a half ago.

Some good theories too.

October Surprise? Obama secret Iran deal cut

Look for announcement of temporary halt to uranium enrichment

This story is a bit speculative to say the least, but certainly not out of the conspiracy circle.

The story claims to have inside knowledge of a secret meeting of Obama Administration people and a representative of Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The idea is to have Iran "announce" a halt to uranium enrichment and thus make Obama's policies toward Iran look better and perhaps even successful.

Wild possibility ?

If true, how "temporary' would this be ?

And if "announced", how would this even be verifiable ?

Does Israel know about this ?

Could this sway the elections ?

Iran could announce a temporary halt to uranium enrichment before next month’s U.S. election in a move to save Barack Obama’s presidency, a source affiliated with high Iranian officials said today.

The source, who remains anonymous for security reasons, said a three-person delegation of the Obama administration led by a woman engaged in secret negotiations with a representative of Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The delegation urged the Iranian leader to announce a halt to enrichment, even if temporary, before the Nov. 6 election, promising removal of some sanctions.

The source said the delegation warned that a Mitt Romney presidency would change the U.S. relationship with Iran regarding its nuclear program.

October Surprise? Obama secret Iran deal cut

Maybe this is simply a campaign agenda ?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

the only thing that makes it less believable to me is the anon source. If news of this magnitude were true...the WH would be leaking it like a water through a sieve.....

Since the only source is supposedly from the inner circle of the Ayatollah Ali Khamene, I feel it's wishful fishing on Iran's part.

Des

link   
What I really would like to know is if anyone finds out anything related to this "agreement" when and how it was delivered. What is the actual wording?

Also, peoples alternative theories to the main news article I posted. I'm still searching now...

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by beezzer

A good thing happens that possibly averts a hot conflict and you go all "ObamaBad!" ?

You have to be kidding me...

Anyways, despite those who would like to sit in an echo chamber all day, this is a good thing...a great thing. Hopefully this will promote a cooling down on the side of the Israelis. Conflict averted, for now.

IF this is even true, it's clearly a political stunt. Iran has no plans to stop. Obama is trading security for votes, as he always does. IF it is even true. I will have an edit in a minute on a news story that predicted this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

There's nothing wrong with echo chambers if they are tuned to the right frequency...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Despite speculations of hidden agendas or political motivations, I actually find this promising, if true.

Would much rather any differences with Iran could be solved without the need for bloodshed.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Iranian leadership realises how weak the Obama administration is. So it would be in their best interests to do anything they could to keep Obama in office.

S&F

Oh poor little war bunny. Killing people is NOT strong. (must be eleven bang bang huh?)
I do think, however, that it is in Iran's best interest to not have Romney at the wheel.

Still. Is it in our best interest to attack Iran??

I think you guys need to think about this a little more.

You can trust me in the fact that I hate both Romney and Obama. Yes I am a Ron Paul guy. If this is a deal that brings new inspections and higher scrutiny and less nuclear material/war... I am all for it (if this is even real news)
edit on 10/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As far as the speculative aspect goes, did you check out the bio of the guy who wrote the article?

Reza Kahlili served in CIA Directorate of Operations, as a spy in the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, counterterrorism expert; currently serves on the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, an advisory board authorized by Congress. He is the author of the award winning book "A Time to Betray" and regularly appears in national and international media as an expert on Iran and counterterrorism in the Middle East.

Sounds he like he has a better line on things than any of us might...

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can't remember anything that has so thoroughly nauseated me as this report. From the source:

The source in Tehran said Khamenei has made it clear that unless he receives Obama’s written guarantees, he will not begin the process, which would dramatically boost Obama’s re-election chances. If the guarantees are not given, Khamenei has warned, Iran will speed up its nuclear program.

The guarantees would ensure the regime’s right to peaceful enrichment, quickly remove many of the sanctions, accept that Iran’s nuclear program does not have a military dimension and relieve international pressure on the regime while it continues its nuclear program. Also, the U.S. would announce that the killing of Iranian nuclear scientists was the work of a foreign country, though Israel would not be named, to increase legal pressure on Israel.
For a "temporary" "unverifiable" promise from Iran? The country known for breaking promises left and right?

I have at least half a dozen words to describe this, none of which are allowed by T&C. An opening for peace? HAH! Fools. I just can't type anymore, I'm sick.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It would also seem that if this source is to be trusted,

www.wnd.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Or, get Iran nicely relaxed, yes fellows, all is forgiven, relax, it is all over, then ....... wham, yea ..... didn't see that comin, did ya?

Iran is not that stupid.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Fantastic news, hopefully its true. The last thing we need is another war.

You know the Romney bots and neocons will be frothing at the mouth since this means that a war has been possibly avoided
edit on 10/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't see this stopping Iran from continuing to make a nuke. We can't get to their facilities without going to war with them. If the program could have been stopped with a "little" force like what was supposed to happen in Iraq then they would have done it already. Either Iran has a nuke from Russia or NK already or they are just lying to buy time. I think the reason Iran is making a nuke is so they can ward off an attack from the Israel or the US. No one will attack a country who is threatening to use a nuke and Iran doesn't need a top of the line one either Israel isn't that far. But then again if they nuke Israel the fall out would come back on them but Israel isn't that big it won't take much. I say we let Israel fend for themselves. They wanted that land so bad and now they themselves can protect it. That's the problem with the world whenever there is a tiniest of problems they beg the USA for action or protection when they are the cause of their own problems. But yeah this might be a ploy to keep Obama in the hot seat because the moment Romney gets into office he will pull the trigger on Iran so his friends can make some folding money and Obama needs to play the "Good Guy" it's the only leg he has to stand on.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Peace rarely comes with no strings attached. This is an election ploy.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join