It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning of SEX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hey hey ... The use and abuse part was just a joke

The taster thingy did turn me on a little though

And of course I'll comply ... anything for you

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Magestica got us all hot and bothered!!! my gosh.....you dutty people you!! I love sex and i dont think we would have it (or atleast have any kids for that matter) without orgasms.....that is the main goal at hand, right? (i know i know that was a bad pun) so what would YOU be like if you did not have orgasms?

what would be the point in having sex? most kids were conceived either by 'accident' or unplanned. they were a creation from orgasm. Does anyone know how to prolong your orgasm for like, longer than the 3 seconds??? its supposed to be some type 'sutra' something spiritual..?!?

ok men, "HAND-gela" or "PALM-mira" do not count as SEX!!!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
WoW Isis you seem as Sexually frustrated, if not more so, then myself!

At least I know what it's like to be a "wanted" child, too bad my mom is also insane in a way, which kinda ruined the whole childhood thing.

Guys may get the short end of the orgasm but women can sure have fun with it lol

But I don't see why you'd think sex is ONLY for fun...there's more to it or we'd not get married....afterall most animals ONLY do it for procreation, they don't have fun with it at all.

So that probably is a fluke that has NO real affect on our sex drive.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
But I don't see why you'd think sex is ONLY for fun...there's more to it or we'd not get married....afterall most animals ONLY do it for procreation, they don't have fun with it at all. Posted by HKot

Actually, sex is for fun... and its that way for a reason, to make it so much fun you will do it over and over again. The by product is reproduction. I seriously doubt that any animal is thinking of creating a child... they are thinking of how good it feels, because that is the instinct they are born with.

Marriage is essentially an institution created to A, guarantee sexual access to a particular female by a particular male, and B, to prevent social chaos that could reign in a totally promsicuous culture, where males are constantly in confrontation for sexual access to females.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sex, can have SO many different reasons and meanings depending on the individual and also the state of mind or mood..
It can be fun-yes, and that goes without saying, as anything that "feels" good is always a pleasure and fun.
But then if we don't want to do it then pleasure isn't what we are thinking.
There are times when sex can be a release- even a temporary one-of stress. To me sex is just like anything else we do..it's all in how our individual mind perceives it. For example-If "I" were to have sex with someone and maybe just wasn't impressed by it(with that person) yet later a friend or even stranger has sex with that same person and it's the best they've ever had-wouldn't this PROVE that it's all in the mind? Now I'm talking about the act it self, whether you call it making love, sex or whatever. Because I feel that you can deeply love someone and yet there are times when it just doesn't feel good-your mind isn't it.
So I just don't think there is anything wrong with saying we do it because it "feels" good. Noone can argue this is one of the very reasons we do..do it. Then as our minds change and love and all comes to play..this is when we can go further in the meanings of sex. It would no longer be just something we do, because it feels good or whatever.
Then you have those like Nans, who have been traumatized from a young age and can never find it in their mind to do it for pleasure, because the mind will always "go back" to that time. These people can't understand our feelings about it and we can't understand theirs. This is just ONE of the reasons we are all different about not just sex, but everything..What is a treasure to me may be garbage to you and so on..
Does anyone here understand what I'm trying to say?
Magestica

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The complexity of this subject is usually revolved around the personal, or in other words, the person. That is why each person is different. The one who is knowledged in sex is only as smart as his or her decisions. This goes for all things in life, but for sex, it is an undermined virtue. For the decisions one makes about sex can determine more then life, but the future and fate. Sex is extremely powerful and is known to create the highest forms of energy levels in a person through natural culmination. So sex is some what mysterious. For sex always seems to lurk in the minds of all, starting with the young. That is why that Soloman (AKA--Maximus Illuminati) person creeps me out. This is a person who thinks children should be versed in sex at an early age. This is a complexity of sex that is far too touchy and serious that one often forgets that sex is really sex. Sex can be misery and pain. Sex is complex.

I think because of preditors and because of deviants, children should be taught the instincts of the human man or woman. Preditors can be not just kidnappers or rapers, but also desperates. They can be the common man or the average 'playboy'. Some like to call them 'Players', I call them pigs. Many men don't know what woman think about unity and feelings for one another. Men seem to pass that issue up all the time. I do. I'll admit it. I think I can attribute that to the beauty and motherly image of the woman. The woman is definately stronger than the man. Most men will laugh at that conception but they don't understand the scale of pain or the ability it has to harm. Nor do many men understand the harm done to woman when men prowl for the scent of sexual lust and submission. The man just wants to have sex. The woman something else. That is what men often endure many hardships trying to find out.

The way to find out is to have more honest, open and loving intent. The idea of sex today is a stark contrast of the idea of sex in the 60's. Sex in the sixties was rebellious among the hippie youths because it was harmonic and utopian in some sense. Today's youth use sex as rebellious way to not conform, like the hippies did, but not because of war and death and destruction, but because of freedom of mind and heart. The youth of today are saying 'We can do what we want and will', and they do. That is why education about sex is important, but also sensitive and influential.

I think that the times have changed a lot and sex has changed a lot. The places the mind is taking sex is going beyond the limits of restraint and decency. That is why patience is sexy. For the patient one has time to think and worries not to act. Acting is often what we do when we go looking for sex. Sex should not be looked for. That is too out of place. We all know sex is something that is mutual and not definative. Yet some ignore this and look for lustful passions lurking among the others that they may desire. This is where many hearts are broken and many sex lives ruined. Not just because of forceful or hurtful pain, but from internal conception and often deception. The one who is having sex must be in love with themselves. They must love their body and have total confidence in their ability to please, otherwise the one who is sexually active will be restrained not by the partner or partners they know, but by themselves. So one can't possibly please if one is not pleased themselves.

Being pleased about sex is something really important to have. If sex is not enjoyable then something is wrong. The reasons sex can become a discomfort are almost endless. Yet will sex be always forever menacing so??? Will sex always treat us though??? When will we treat sex??? Is not sex our other slavemaster???

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That was very deep and truthful, no doubt about it. We must love ourselves to feel love and therefore enjoy and be open with our bodies to enjoy sex...It's definately soley dependent on the receiver then it is on the giver...really really good thoughts AV

Now about the rapes towards women...although they are far more common and heard of. We cannot forget that this very terrible act also happens to men, yes it does- men can be raped by other men or women..each gender is quite capable of commiting the same crime as the other...perhaps why the latter is so less unheard of is because men aren't as willing to tell if and when they've been sexually assaulted...so the truth lies much deeper in them then most women who for the most part have no real problem coming forward with it. I can almost bet you that for every say 5 women that are sexually assualted and come forward, there are 3 men that keep it pinned up inside them and maybe even never tell anyone what happened to them...I know this is kind of sailing off the topic but I figured you mentioned it and I'd just clarify even more...plus in a way it IS actally related to the topic as well..Rape no matter who is involved or what gender has to endure this terrible terrible crime is just really aweful...and what makes it even more terrible is the fact that it is so common. I cannot tell you of ONE single female friend of mine that hasn't in some form or another been sexually molested or raped-not one! Now THAT's scarey and also relates to your biggest fear thread. Because with that being said, I worry more and more about this issue with my own little girl. For there is really NO protection we can give to keep this from ever happening to someone we love or even a stranger..we can do everything in our power to hinder it from ever happening, but it's just not full proof and that alone tells me what a very sick world I'm raising my child in. Even people we know love and trust can stoop to this evil level right under our noses...
Now this is definately getting off topic here but needed to be said at some point and I'm glad you brought it up..
It's one of the meanings of sex, just the bitter truth and hard reality of sex sometimes...if that's what you'd call it-which I wouldn't but anyway....

Wow AV- you got me going there sorry if I rambled...There are good people out there, I'm not completely disguisted with this earth yet...so don't let me send that message with this post ok...
Magestica

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think sex is viewed very differently by men than women. For men, sex is the expression of acceptance by the woman. The physical act is what gives us the feelings of intimacy. From what I understand about women, the feeling of intimacy is the expression of acceptance and it this feeling that needs to be present before the physical act. If you're a woman, did you ever instantly know you were going to like and trust someone for a long, long time? Maybe you only knew them for a short while but it seemed that you had known them your whole life, as if there were a timeless connection between you and them? I'm wondering as you read this, if you can remember the feeling of that, and just how wonderful it was, because life has a way of making us remember those things, right prior to discovering that we can experience those feelings again with someone. Me..well I don't think that kind of thing can be forced. No essay or words can create it. Words and appearances are only expressions, the vehicles that contain the essence that moves us. It can only happen naturally as the expression of an energy between two people , but when it does... you know that feeling of incredible bonding, when all the barriers melt and drop away, and two people come together, fused into one spiritual essence, the mingling of energies feeding one to the other, building and increasing and intensifying, mingling into an expression of aliveness that words can initiate but never capture fully?

See I think the male feels the connection from the physical act but the female needs to feel the connection first before the physical act. Just my take after 9 years of marriage.....and it took that long to figure this out too.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In the end its all about chemicals according to scientists.

But then again, What do virgins know!!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Very good take on it all...
You obviously have found love in the sacred sense..Yes, I can "imagine" what it would be like if and when this ever happened to me. But no, I haven't really felt this with another as far as "sexually" And no I've never instantly known I would like and trust the very moment I laid eyes on a man..I'm very skepical and perhaps even picky when it comes to a partner...so I will watch for a long time before and if ever I make an advancement. Trust is a WHOLE other issue with me, but yet is connected to sex as well...Does this answer your questions? And yes, I'm female..
Now about what you said about men and women having different feelings about sex...actually I find this time and time again to be untrue, we are all physical beings men and women so first there has to be a "mutual" physical attraction to even spark anything moving further. And I've met and known many men who were very much intune with their emotions a great bit and if not more then some of the women I've known...it takes the beautiful feminine spirit and body of the woman to bring this to surface sometimes in a man, but not all men are shallow minds. Women are just beautiful, seductive and mysterious creatures and often times we cause men to become tongue tied, because they are overwhelmed by us. But this by no means says that they all just think with their lower half...we just have a way sometimes is all. And women on the other hand can get a grip on the outside a little better then most men, but on the inside-if they only knew what we were thinking-it would prove we all pretty well think the same...Magestica

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Magestica, thanks for the kind words and for your viewpoint on it all. Its hard to believe you haven't ever felt this way about anybody. I hope that one day you know just how much can you look forward to enjoying that with someone who moves you in that way and find those possibilities opening before you, in such a way that anything else blurs into insignificance.

On a side note, I'm still trying to get hold of a sat photo from the Yountville area we had discussed in your previous post.

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I love Sex!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who doesnt?

I havent gotten lucky yet, but hey I'm younger than the rest of you geezers.

Vzh, I see you like my signature.
keep it, dont worry.

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Geezers? Ouch!

I prefer to think that I've merely had more time to experience things, you little smart-mouthed whipper-snapper!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Get outta my damn lawn!!!

I miss the Girl on Girl thread...(it was deleted)...

How can I object to a woman liking what I like? Lucky for me, my fiance' is all for having another woman join in on occassion (her pick on the girl of course)...
I love my little freak!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I want to be a geezer! waaaaaah I need a diaper change.

Lucky people.

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How old are you Xaos

[Edited on 5/2/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
fifteen, why, its on my profile: 10, 1, 1987

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Years ago when I was in college, I read two books back to back, 1984 by George Orwell and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Both of these dealt with a semi-totalitarian state and how they kept the population in control.

One interesting difference I noted between the 2 was that in Brave New World, Huxley wrote of free sexuality being used as an oppiate for the people, a handy distraction. In 1984, Orwell wrote of complete depression of sex in all forms. (Remember the Anti-Sex League?)

This got me to thinking, and later on I wrote a paper on this subject (dont remember what class it was for). The basis was this:

What benefit would the Big Brother government get from completely suppressing something as basic as the human sex drive?

Consider, the human sex drive is the 2nd most powerful drive of the human psyche, only behind the fight or flight survival instinct. (You only have to look at the vast number of very stupid things that people are guilty of over the years in the quest to get laid).

Also, the human mating drive is tied to a great deal of emotions, not least of which is aggression, pride, want, and the ability to drop a lifelong loyalty (ummm, no one named here...).

Therefore, I thought it to be a reasonable assumptiong that if you could somehow suppress (not just contain or prevent expression, as that would likely lead to uncontrolled aggression) the actual feelings and emotions associated with sex, you would be suppressing the most aggressive tendencies in the human psyche.

When you control the sex, you control the aggression, and then you control the person, completely and wholly.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Cool way at looking at it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join