It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney at Alfred E Smith Dinner Tonight--Really funny!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Romney was surprisingly funny and got some jabs in at Obama. Was not expecting him to be that good.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-10-2012 by IamLael because: needed to fix youtube link

edit on Thu Oct 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

I watched that tonight....his joke about Sesame Street had me rolling on the floor, clutching my sides afraid I'd never breath again.....I bet a lot of people see him as really having a down to earth funny side now....I know I've never seen that side before...I like it...

Was hoping someone would post the vid...thanks!

Des

edit on 18-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For comparison's sake, here's Obama.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Agree, I thought it was brilliant. His delivery and timing were perfect!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

I was actually feeling kind of worried about the gentleman seated to the right of the podium. He was laughing so much that he turned bright red. I was afraid he was going to have a Heart-a-Stroke.

But apparently he just has a healthy sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hoax vids.

I can see the strings from Obomney to George Soros back there.

He's also a great ventriloquist.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
'Funny' as a fart in a hermetically sealed elevator.

Or, if you like, funny as a patently unqualified candidate for the US presidency still in with a fighting chance to get the job.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

I'm glad that someone posted this. I watched last night with great enjoyment. Romney and Obama should both be credited with good writers and trainers. I wonder how long Romney spent rehearsing that bit?

Fox News said that Romney practiced sitting on a "bar stool" for the last debate, because they said, he's a Mormon and doesn't drink! So, I can only imagine how much he practiced for this, probably his first foray into "stand up comedy."

While Romney got in some good self depreciating humor, he seemed more intent on roasting Obama, which I thought was showing more animosity and insecurity than good sportsmanship. Obama seemed more at ease with it all, and used his time to joke about himself, more than he did joked about Romney.

I give the "win" to Obama!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So now we're rating our potential president on how well he performs as a stand-up comedian? Yeah, this country is toast.

I can hear it now. "He's started another war in the Middle East, made our economic perish even faster, and is keeping the status quo...but at least he's funny!"

How the hell is this relevant to anything important?
edit on 19-10-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

So now we're rating our potential president on how well he performs as a stand-up comedian?

How about a sit-down comedian? Stewart and Colbert woud run away with this election if they were foolish enough to want to be in the White House.

Yeah, this country is toast.

How the hell is this relevant to anything important?

Uhm, having some charisma and an ability to be human IS COMPLETELY RELEVANT to EVERYTHING!

Long live laughter and humor.

:lo----------------
Wait.
No........

ON THE OTHER HAND....I don't care how funny he was last night, he's an unemployed super-rich business vulture who hides money off-shore, exploits 'Cheating China's' cheating policy by cheating in China, outsources American jobs, and is a former Bishop of a bizarro church; and that's VERY relevant. Terrific. "Oh, but he made everyone laugh so hard that one time!"

At least Stewart and Colbert are decent, real people with EXCELLENT points of view on the idiocy of politics. AND they're funny every night!!! Yes. THAT'S WHAT WE NEED! Common sense, and a sense of commonality with fellow Americans. Romney has NEITHER. No way, no how.

I didn't even watch the OP's vid, and I'm not going to (at least not today), because I want to poke my eyes out every bloody time I see Romney's sanctimonious face. And now that I've seen Tagg's entitled brat face, I'd like to vomit. Just sayin'. But at this point, if both of them showed up at my door with a case of beer, a carton of smokes, and two hours worth of jokes, no matter how well they delivered other people's jokes, I'd still feel my flesh crawling.

Gha. I'll be glad when this is over.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The "roasting" is a tradition at this dinner that dates back to at least Nixon. They come expecting to roast and be roasted to raise money for Catholic Charities.

Here's a link to some of the best jokes from past dinners.

www.politico.com...
edit on 19-10-2012 by IamLael because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Never the less, in my opinion, this roast displayed that, in this particular contentious political race, Obama took the high road, while Romney took the lower.

edit on 20-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join