It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Boy Scout 'perversion files' released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

US Boy Scout 'perversion files' released

www.news.com.au

LOCAL US Boy Scout leaders, police officials, prosecutors and mayors helped hush up numerous child sex abuse allegations against scoutmasters and other volunteers, according to details in a trove of nearly 15,000 pages of so-called "perversion files" compiled by the Scouts from 1959 to the mid-1980s.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Recently a boy Scout was denied his final honor because he was gay.

There is a thread about this HERE

And today we have news just in that the Society of Boy Scouts in America have been covering up child abuse for for a very long time.

So it seems that the Scouts is a breeding ground for pedophilia. Why is this not a surprise?

They have got away with it for way too long and I get the impression that very soon we can see some serious crimes coming to light. I certainly would not be sending my children there.

Makes me wonder just how deep this kind of thing goes and who is involved.

Child abuse needs to be stoppped and this is a good step towards putting the perps in prison.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-10-2012 by magma because: format

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
n/m

edit on 18-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Does that really surprise people? Anywhere there are large congregations of kids, that is where someone attracted to kids would want to be. An authority position over kids is like a giant pedomagnet. Teacher, guidance counseller, scoutmaster, coaching kid's teams, you name it.

People have this huge misconception that you would be able to tell a pedophile by looks, or they will be acting all creepy and nosebreathing and such.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

And the TSA giving "pat-downs" to children, what type of person would be attracted to that? It's like pedo paradise around here. I noticed these files only go up to the 90's, did the pedophilia stop? Not likely, how much worse is it right now?

Oh sorry, I read that wrong, not 90's but mid 80's!!!
edit on 18-10-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Here is a link to a list that has been published of some of the offences.

It seems the organisation equates pedophiles to gay people

Something is very sinister and wrong with this organisations philosphy.

Thanks to Annee for the link

pedophiles = gay people
edit on 18-10-2012 by magma because: content

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
n/m

edit on 18-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's nothing but my own two cents as a proud former scout myself, but I hope this isn't used as some leverage to further attack the BSOA as a whole. What they did in denying the Eagle Scout candidate his rightful place of honor after SO MUCH done to earn it was absolutely and without question, WRONG. So too are these latest stories of abuse and molestation....if none of this was reported to the police (and within Statute of Limitation time frames of course). Heads need to roll. Absolutely.

Having given acknowledgement to some of the bad of the Scouts which needs addressed, I'd ALSO note there are millions of good men in this nation that owe a fair part of their solid character, integrity and personal sense of values to the Scouts, both Cub and Boy Scouts as they got older. I have an Eagle Scout in my own family, for some context, and for him it was one of the single proudest things about his life and accomplishments in it.

No free passes...NO easy rides or skates on what they've done wrong in this context, but attacking an organization with so many sides to it and which generally does one hell of a fine job of making boys into well rounded and skilled men seems wrong. Like I said to start, I just hope the focus is kept to those guilty and not the whole national organization for the multitudes of people that would hurt for no good reason.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are right.

It is upsetting though, as the organisation is looking like it is rotten at the core

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Annee

Here is a link to a list that has been published of some of the offences.

It seems the organisation equates pedophiles to gay people

Something is very sinister and wrong with this organisations philosphy.

Thanks to Annee for the link

pedophiles = gay people
edit on 18-10-2012 by magma because: content

I hate so much how people automatically assume that if you are a pedophile you are gay and vice versa. Pedophilia has 100% nothing to do with homosexuality. It's like saying all heterosexuals are necrophiliacs.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We may have left the jungle but too many people really are still animals

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

isnt someone attracted to the same sex considered gay? I say this cause scout masters are usally of the same sex so i can see how people would associate pedophiles with gay since they are praying on the same sex

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Gay pedophiles, like priest on alterboy, scoutmaster on scout, seem to get the biggest hoopla on the idiotbox. Not sure if it is because gay pedophiles get caught more often, if they make up a majority of pedophiles, or if it just pulls better ratings. That is probably why a majority or people link pedophile and gay I would bet.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

I suppose the times were different when I was a scout. One of the co leaders was openly gay. Everyone knew he was gay. There was never any ridicule or anything. No one ever said a peep, and the gay leader didn't run around telling us what he did with his junk, nor did he demand his own forum or other special treatment.

Then he took a job at a theatre, a landmark in the city. You would see him from time to time. He seemed fine, looked exactly like he did 10 years earlier.

One day I heard his name come up in a conversation about scouts. No one said anything but you could tell he came to a bad end, somehow, whether pedo stuff, or just a cruising casualty, who can say. Normally when a person dies, there's no huge silence about what happened.

We had a great troop. They taught us how to smoke various natural herbs, and to burn the empty cans in the fire pit (conservation merit badge creds), turned us on to obscure radio stations no one listened to or knew about, stuff like that. But I didn't dig the scene. There were a lot of snitches too. I remember being searched because I had KOOL playing cards in my pack (left them visible on purpose to bring out a snitch). The same snitch got off on torturing bugs and stuff....and sounded like lucille ball.

Gays had it good until they stuck their foot up their own ass. Can't they just be happy practicing same sex copulation? Why do they need everyone to know? Does anyone trust the big g with lists of their personal predilections?

Anyway, where are the files? I see no files....
edit on 18-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by magma

isnt someone attracted to the same sex considered gay? I say this cause scout masters are usally of the same sex so i can see how people would associate pedophiles with gay since they are praying on the same sex

If you actually bothered to read statistics and data on the crime itself and the psychology of paedophilia, you would know that it is very rarely about gender and is actually about power and control.

But we know that a lot of people don't like facts, evidence and scientific data, especially when it contradicts their homophobia and exposes their opinions as being right-wing propaganda and completely irrational.

As someone has mentioned, it's not unusual for people who like to prey on children to find environments where this is possible. That is why there are often systems in place to perform background checks on individuals (at least that is what is done in the UK).

Anyone who is seeking to work with children is required to undertake a background check, and this covers the entire country. If a person is on any register relating to crimes against children, violence or other related crimes which would put into question their responsibility they are refused. Do you not have a system like this in the USA?

But then again, the BSofA is a "Proudly Christian" group, so is it really so surprising that these freaks would cover up for each other just like they have around the world in the Catholic church?

This will be interesting. Anyone linking this to the gay argument will also have to accept that it could very well be more about their precious religion covering up disgusting crimes too.

Why is it so easy to immediately link it to gay people when it could more appropriately be linked to religious belief?

It seems to me that the greater the religious belief the higher the culture of child abuse. This has gone on in churches, religious schools, organizations like the BSofA. That tells me this is not about gay men abusing children, it's about religious insanity fostering a culture of child abuse.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The majority of Child molesters are Straight White Males usually in an authoritative postition. Some are gender specific some are not. The act is in and of itself a form of rape which by definition makes it not a sex crime but a crime of violence. IE: It is about using sex as a tool for power and control.

Parents take note - Tell your children if they are lost and need assistence Do NOT find a Policeman. Find a MOMMY.

Women are virtually never child molesters.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

True there...by the look of this...something IS rotten in Denmark, so to speak and they need some serious butt kicking internally with some outside motivation, perhaps. The fear of publicity likely kept it quiet this long, even if people weren't right about doing it. Now? No excuses anymore and this horse is out of the barn and somewhere out past the horizon, going strong. Time to clean house. On that, I agree 100%. ONE molestation covered up is one TOO many.

@Thread

I wonder....have there even been any comprehensive studies of convicted pedophiles/molesters to get a solid read on Gay vs. Straight? The NEWS most often hypes the gay molesters. Yet, when I watch the reality prison shows inside the walls like MSNBC has as a mainstay anymore, I see far more in the real prisons being there for molesting little girls, not boys. The film crews seem to seek out the most detestable cases a given prison has, too. I can't imagine they are cherry picking when the ratings do so much better the other way.

I'm guessing the stats in a true and honest study wouldn't show much measurable difference between the numbers who are gay and those who aren't. It's the bad wiring in their head and warped minds in general...not sexual orientation, in one bunny's opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A pedophile is a pedophile. It is an orientation on to itself. The attraction is children.

If a pedophile has sex with opposite gender - - - it is a pedophile committing a heterosexual act.

If a pedophile has sex with same gender - - - it is a pedophile committing a homosexual act.

A heterosexual does not commit a pedophile act.

A homosexual does not commit a pedophile act.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am very disturbed by the fact the Boy Scouts had a file on potential pedophilia but didn't disclose it in a timely manner. I was in the scouts almost my entire preteen-teen years. I was only a community project away from receiving my Eagle scout badge. I learned so much stuff in the scouts it's not even funny. "Always be prepared" is the scouts motto. If the SHTF, Boy Scouts will come out on top by a large margin.

I was born and raised in a small town so a lot of this new information doesn't apply to me, at least I hope not, but I can't believe they preach about God and country while withholding criminal evidence in a case such as this.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I disagree. There are straight pedophiles, gay pedophiles, and bi pedophiles. Same as "normal" sexuality goes, it's never as black and white as people like to make it out to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join