It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood to Challenge Official Version of 9/11: Sheen, Asner and Harrelson to Star in Film.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Assuming this movie gets made and becomes a boffo, block buster hit talked about all around America, land of the free and home of the brave, I think it will be about as influential as Oliver Stone's JFK was in finally exposing and bringing to justice the perps who killed Kennedy and carried on the cover up of the crime for so long.

Read in Jimmy Stewart's voice:

"Ya see, America is not like other places. America is special, see. Americans, when they see a movie, well, they've seen it. And when America has seen a movie, well they go see another movie, 'cause that's the way America is, see. Americans are special people, see. Americans love movies."

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think Hollywood getting "aholda" (Jimmy Stewart talk) the movie is just about the worst thing imaginable because, as in the case of the movie JFK, it just moves the whole story further down the "fantasy hole". When a story goes to Hollywood, it's like a person going to Bellvue.

After it gets there nobody knows what to think, except that the whole thing is probably nuts.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think there are smiles in the boardrooms of the oligarchs and their henchmen when they see that Hollywood is making a movie. It means that America is finally digesting the latest monstrosity that they have shoved into its pie hole and is ready to move on, having resolved nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

What can it hurt?

I'd like to think that Oliver Stone's JFK did much to wake up more American's to the conspiracy surrounding Kennedy's murder.
Did Stone get it all correct? OF course not.

But, the purpose of a movie like this isn't to get it all right, IMO.
It's to get people to think and question.

The truth of 9/11 is a complicated animal. Maybe September Morn can shed some light. Or at least wake up some people.

Good point.

I guess 911 is now completely and "officially" dead as far as starting anything with the public itself.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
only on ats is the moon landing a hoax, reptlilians real, and a movie version of 9/11 the truth

lol

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Read this satire in the voice of Edward G. Robinson:

"Listen ta me you punks! You're all alike, see! You're all punks! You're all know nuthin' punks, see! I'll tell you why this thing going to Hollywood doesn't mean a damn thing see. It's like this. Hollywood is full of hopheads, see? They're all hopheads and they're all hopheads who want do the right thing for once in their measly lives, see. They want to get one thing right in their life so they can live with themselves, the scum.

So what they'll do with this 9/11 story is they'll try to get it right, see, like that hophead Stone did with the JFK movie. And what'll happen? Nothing. That's right, nothing! And why does nothing happen? Answer me you punks!!! Ya know nothing punks! I'll tell you why nothing happens. It's like this.

When Hollywood wants something to happen, the idea is TO GET IT ALL WRONG.

If Hollywood really wanted to get something done about 9/11, they would do a movie about it and get someone like Richard Widmark to play President Bush as a psycho killer chimp. That's how Hollywood gets things done, when they really want to get things done. The first casualty in war is the truth. Hollywood didn't need Winston Churchill to tell them that."

edit on 20-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In all fairness to the men involved in this..before I look down upon them more than I already do for a variety of reasons...how much of this is based on provable and scientific fact anyone can see or verify...and how much is on educated guesses, supposition and general bad feeling suspicion about an event that even I agree just doesn't make sense in enough ways to demand an investigation be done. (We never had one..to my thinking. We had a show that made for great entertainment and ignored people, evidence and facts)

in all fairness why believe your government over the other, they are both actors.

i think its great and even if its complete rubbish, at least someone is fighting the zionist hollywood

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Excellent news!

Here's the poster

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
only on ats is the moon landing a hoax, reptlilians real, and a movie version of 9/11 the truth

lol

You can't correlate those things as a point of ridicule by which to discredit alternative views of the 9/11 event, sorry that doesn't pass muster.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
In all fairness to the men involved in this..before I look down upon them more than I already do for a variety of reasons...how much of this is based on provable and scientific fact anyone can see or verify...and how much is on educated guesses, supposition and general bad feeling suspicion about an event that even I agree just doesn't make sense in enough ways to demand an investigation be done. (We never had one..to my thinking. We had a show that made for great entertainment and ignored people, evidence and facts)

I have no idea what happened for parts of that and I'd like to think I've seen or read over as much as anyone else in all this. Valid questions...absolutely. Are we suggesting they have become the first people in the nation to legitimately take suspicion beyond that level and tell a definitive story of what actually happened though?

I guess I'm having a near impossible time seeing how Hollywood gets right what the best minds in our nation are still debating on deep and technical scientific grounds as much as the 'don't believe your lying eyes' folks are pushing that end, We'll see if and when this runs to the full production and gets released. Who knows...maybe they DO have solid evidence no one has actually seen as 100% definitive and absolute.

How much of the movie United 93 was based on provable or scientific fact anyone can see or verify ? That movie was allowed to go ahead because it fitted in nicely with the official story. And just because something is classed as official, doesn't mean it IS what hapened, it just means that it is the official line that the officials are going with.

I tend to agree with you about Hollywood being involved and just what they will, or won't be showing. Will they address why no debris was found at the crash site in Shanksville ? Will they be asking why he most photographed building in the world [Pentagon] couldn't get a clear picture of what hit it, yet we got nearly every single angle of the planes hitting the twin towers ? Or will they ask just why Dick Cheney put himslef in charge of NORAD on the very day of the attacks and at the same time the exact same training drills were taking place ? Will the movie be asking about the 5 dancing Israeli's ? Will it be following the money trial that saw several wealthy AMerican businessmen become even wealthier by either having the best luck and timing ever, or had inside and prior knowledge of the attacks ? Maybe they might be asking how 2 buildings could fall to the ground at near free fall speed encounting little resistance on the way down ? Or maybe explain why so many witnesses saw, felt and heard the basement explosions BEFORE the planes had hit, or the picture of the steel support beam with a 45 degree cut in it, just as they do in the demolition industry ? Or maybe Hollywood might just reveal to us all what Iraq had to do with the attacks and the resulting war ?

Or will it be yet another Hollywood movie where the real questions and facts get ignored for the sake of a storyline and entertainment. It would be interesting though to see how Hollywood adds a love interest story to the movie ?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

lol

You can't correlate those things as a point of ridicule by which to discredit alternative views of the 9/11 event, sorry that doesn't pass muster.

the point is ats is more about anti-establishment conformity than conspiracy or even thinking. whatever the majority belives, most of this this crowd goes the other way, automatically, everytime. there are some exceptions of course, but it's becoming a problem around here

that's the worst type of conformity, non-conformity just for the sake of it

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

lol

the point is ats is more about anti-establishment conformity than conspiracy or even thinking. whatever the majority belives, most of this this crowd goes the other way, automatically, everytime. there are some exceptions of course, but it's becoming a problem around here

that's the worst type of conformity, non-conformity just for the sake of it

Yes, but there are so many unanswered questions, and observations which fly in the face of the official narrative directed by Philip D. Zelikow that we are forced to consider the idea of another type of conformity the conformity to a public myth, which "although not even known with certainty to be true, nevertheless maintains it's power even after the experiencing generation passes off the scene" (Zelikow); a confirmity in effect backing everything that ensued in the wake of 9/11 and what's been enacted as a result, even to the degree of pushing the limits of our individual civil liberty (check the Zelikow link) and right to privacy, and, allowing for all manner of violent action on the part of the US government, all in the name of enhanced "security".

The question then becomes one of - who is the conformist? and what are they confirming to in this case maybe even something that they would rather not even begin to consider in the first place and therein lies the power of "the big lie" you see.

Maybe here in this instance (of the 9/11 event) we really do have a real life conspiracy, and willful cover-up of the crime of the century, led by Bush, Cheney and Rice friend, in the person of one Philip D. Zelikow.

edit on 20-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Explosions?

reply to post by maxella1

Here's a couple more dealing with the first hand accounts.

Originally posted by maxella1
What would they (rescue workers at Ground Zero) find in the wreckage if bombs were used Dave?

Active thermitic material, and high temperatures, maybe..?

Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe
from www.benthamscience.com...

Also worthy of evaluation

The Journal of 9/11 Studies

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hey, thanks for finding this and posting it!

Do you like the poster? What symbols/ideas can we garner from it that tells us what is in the movie?

Is their a movie trailer yet?

And do you think this movie could even be a possibility without TPTB approval--on some level?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

All I know is that if Asner is in it and directing it, that it will include a heavy emphasis on the work of the Architects and Engineers, published papers, etc., and while it will address Building 7, it will not bypass the twin towers, where a focus reveals many things, given the speed with which and the way that those buildings came down something that their sheer height lends itself to very well as a physical proof of explosive demolition. The war games are sure to be included, along with the trading irregularities, the works. They'll pack it full with punch after punch until nothing is left of the official story except dust. They won't be compromising on the facts, not in the least, not knowing Sheen and Asner, no it'll be balls to wall all the way and nothing less.

Edit: I hope they might somehow get and include my Zelikow research. That speaks rather loudly in terms of showing how it was handled by the Bush administration when they finally initiated an "investigation" at the family's behest and urgent pleading.

edit on 20-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Somebody in Hollywood who could really make a difference on the subject of 9/11 is Roger Corman. If Corman or somebody like him were involved in making films about 9/11, there would be a whole 9/11 film industry with probably several hundred films on the subject already shot.

I'm not talking about documentaries. I mean lurid horror films exploring each and every aspect of that event.

If Hollywood wanted to do that, I would be all in favor of it. Think of how many "treatments" of vampires there have been in the history of film and other media. The authors of 9/11 make Bram Stoker look like Mister Rogers.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well for starters Martin Sheen and his son Charlie Sheen are both supporters of the official story being a fraud. You have the ambition for making this film.

Now you need a reason to sell this to producers, aka motive for profit... MILLIONS of people across the WORLD have taken interest in the 9/11 truth movement, even some business associates from South Korea have seen loose change and question the official story.

You guys don't think people will actually go out to watch this movie? Producers invest in films they think will make money.

A film like this could make a challenge to the official story break the chains from conspiracy and go mainstream, afterall, the 9/11 movement is almost mainstream, a lot of people know about it and are interested in it, its just that society makes it a taboo, when that taboo is broken, it will become mainstream to challenge the official story.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Not a chance. Hollywood is the official line. Movies do't get made unless heavily slanted that way. And one of the priorities of the official pradigm is to sow just a bit of confusion along with their version of events.

Based on the movie poster I'd say they pretty well cover it. The light of truth shines from behind the flag atop the whitehouse.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I really hope it happens the way you say. But I don't think it will.

As a Canadian, I'm easily the biggest booster and lover of America in my circle of friends. I admire the energy, the "can do" mentality, the innovative thinking, the fresh, youthful spirit of America. I have friends who don't like America, who sneer at it, who despise it, but who will regularly go across the border to shop.

Personally, I will never set foot in America again until the people responsible for 9/11, the real perps, the Neocons and the Bush/Cheney gang are brought up on 9/11 related charges and until the phony 9/11 inspired security state goes into the trashcan of history.

Frank Sinatra was once told by one of the people who was on recording sessions with him that as a singer, he is incomparable, but where he failed was as a human being. America is like that. If bin Laden were on the moon, America would have gone to the moon to get him, but "bin Bush" in Washington is a whole other story. America would rather see itself be put into a security state straitjacket than deal with real reality.

Americans, must eventually face up to the fact that since at least 1963, and probably longer, they have been ###heels. They refuse to look in the mirror and face up to it. They refuse to say to themselves, "I've been a ####heel and I'm not going to be that way anymore."

Until that happens we can all expect more of the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join