It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood to Challenge Official Version of 9/11: Sheen, Asner and Harrelson to Star in Film.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know a thread was made about this topic last January--but I wanted to start another one now that there are actors signed on and the project is moving forward. This is a big step for the movie industry---and a giant step for waking up the sleeping people. It's about time some of the Hollywood folks started using their undue influence to do something important for the world. According to an article, the subject of 9/11 and its official story has been totally taboo in Hollywood.

The movie will be called "September Morn." (Good title, whether you like Neal Diamond or not. By the way, its also a painting by the French artist Paul Émile Chabas which hangs in New York's Metropolitan Musuem of Art.)

Hollywood is to court controversy with a film that will challenge the official version of the events of 9/11, a previously taboo topic for the industry mainstream. Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson and Ed Asner, who have all supported conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks, have signed up to do the movie, which is entitled September Morn.

The Guardian article says that the film's advance publicity note hints at a cover-up, saying: "We the people demand that the government revisit and initiates a thorough and independent investigation to the tragic events of 911."

Details of the film, which is to be directed by BJ Davis and written by Howard Cohen, are expected to be revealed at an American Film Market conference in Los Angeles next week, Deadline.com reported.

source: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In all fairness to the men involved in this..before I look down upon them more than I already do for a variety of reasons...how much of this is based on provable and scientific fact anyone can see or verify...and how much is on educated guesses, supposition and general bad feeling suspicion about an event that even I agree just doesn't make sense in enough ways to demand an investigation be done. (We never had one..to my thinking. We had a show that made for great entertainment and ignored people, evidence and facts)

I have no idea what happened for parts of that and I'd like to think I've seen or read over as much as anyone else in all this. Valid questions...absolutely. Are we suggesting they have become the first people in the nation to legitimately take suspicion beyond that level and tell a definitive story of what actually happened though?

I guess I'm having a near impossible time seeing how Hollywood gets right what the best minds in our nation are still debating on deep and technical scientific grounds as much as the 'don't believe your lying eyes' folks are pushing that end, We'll see if and when this runs to the full production and gets released. Who knows...maybe they DO have solid evidence no one has actually seen as 100% definitive and absolute.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If this is true and the movie does turn out to actually challenge the official story then....YAHOOO!

Our "eyes wide shut" society needs a little push from mainstream media to help them
understand the concept of a false flag. People are a little too trusting of their
government IMO. We here at ATS know that most of the wars that the US engages in are
the result of a false flag event, but "normal" citizens are mostly unaware.

And how cool that Martin Sheen is cast....I wonder if Charlie (I'm winning) Sheen
had any influence.

All I have to say is I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

C'mon Hollywood...don't disappointment me!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, we don't know how Hollywood will handle the subject yet..."details to be released at a later date."

But if I were to put my creative bent to the task I would write it from the perspective of an investigative
reporter who begins connecting dots on evidence which leads him to believe there was a
cover-up.

And then I would have him thwarted from every possible angle, every attempt to get information
would be resisted....and then maybe somebody pays him a visit in the night and his dog dissappears,
and then his boss fires him and he's framed for a crime, and his bank accounts are frozen....stuff like
that.....you know....the cliche drama building to a crescendo and the BAM--He is whisked away in the
middle of the night to meet the cloak and dagger person responsible who claims it was all for the
good of society (or something like that). And then thru some plot twist he has to agree to quit
pursuing the story....or else

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Well, I'll tell ya what. If it comes out and they portray what they honestly believed happened that day, and present it that way, I'll respect the effort and applaud the fact it was made. (my feelings for Asner and Sheen as men totally aside). If it's presented as absolute fact, I'll skip it and write it off as another step toward turning the entire public against anyone so much as mentioning the topic.

I'd LOVE to see it presented the first way though and with the undertone of 'Here is what we think, here is why and here is what we can prove....now go out and ask your lawmakers why no one cares to even look into it!?'

I don't think I've even heard honest people who tend to support the official story all they way suggest this ever received a true and proper investigation. Heck... a large % of the information wasn't even available when Bush rammed the commission through for a quick slam dunk to move on to the war everyone was waiting to see start.
.....no one bothered asking if war itself was even the appropriate thing.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
. This is a big step for the movie industry---and a giant step for waking up the sleeping people. It's about time some of the Hollywood folks started using their undue influence to do something important for the world. According to an article, the subject of 9/11 and its official story has been totally taboo in Hollywood.

The movie will be called "September Morn." (Good title, whether you like Neal Diamond or not. By the way, its also a painting by the French artist Paul Émile Chabas which hangs in New York's Metropolitan Musuem of Art.)

I'll be of better judgement upon viewing it, thanks for the heads up.

But at first glace my reaction is Hollywood? Hollywood is about making money, and their standings among the masses of their mindless pliable followers.

It's about time Hollywood actors use their influence?

Their influence is to be paid to be something or somebody they are not. They are lucky to stay married more than two weeks (most). They are a nobody until they are contracted because of their voice or acting, so they get a microphone and suddenly are the voice of expert reason?

Some of my favorites have lost their appreciation in my eyes, Morgan freeman, Susan Sarandon , Danny glover, Samuel Jackson, Sheen, ( I was a huge fan Sam!)
These Hollywood types can ruin themselves with a political opinion, ask Sinead O'conner.
I would go so far to say these actors that take to the soap box are the worst examples to begin with, they live in a fantastical perception of world events in their minds in general so it seems.

Who shouted "just shut up and sing!" at the Dixie chicks concert where they took the mic to spew politics? Hollywood and politics? They should stay of of it, they are here to entertain.
Exceptions.... Reagan ...and Audie Murphy , if he'd survived.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
In all fairness to the men involved in this..before I look down upon them more than I already do for a variety of reasons...how much of this is based on provable and scientific fact anyone can see or verify...and how much is on educated guesses, supposition and general bad feeling suspicion about an event that even I agree just doesn't make sense in enough ways to demand an investigation be done. (We never had one..to my thinking. We had a show that made for great entertainment and ignored people, evidence and facts)

I have no idea what happened for parts of that and I'd like to think I've seen or read over as much as anyone else in all this. Valid questions...absolutely. Are we suggesting they have become the first people in the nation to legitimately take suspicion beyond that level and tell a definitive story of what actually happened though?

I guess I'm having a near impossible time seeing how Hollywood gets right what the best minds in our nation are still debating on deep and technical scientific grounds as much as the 'don't believe your lying eyes' folks are pushing that end, We'll see if and when this runs to the full production and gets released. Who knows...maybe they DO have solid evidence no one has actually seen as 100% definitive and absolute.

Oh there's a whole boat load of FACTS out there that people are just unaware of
1000's of architects and engineers have spoken out against the scientifically impossible manner in which the towers fell using the official story. Most notably the WTC7 building which i will post a video of and give a simple review for you so you may understand what I mean.

It is important to note the NO PLANE hit WTC7 before its collapse.
The building is in pure freefall which can only be achieved through strategic demolition

This is the kind of stuff 9/11 truthers uncover well before their mind is made up. Like I said there is plenty of evidence and i can tell you for certain Dick Cheney played a major role in it all. Men have testified in court that he gave the order to keep the jets that could of saved many lives on the ground.

The truth will set us free and this my friends is a major step towards that freedom

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
11 years too late if you ask me. But better late than never. It will be interesting to see how the film turns out and what they decide to focus on. I'm sure the campaign to smear the film has already begun.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Hollywood works on the four little words "It's all about money." Facts and reality never get in the way and the people know it. Why would anyone consider this anything more than entertainment? The actors listed are dim bulbs and likely would be overmatched in any ATS discussion thread. The philosophy of actors is that any publicity is good publicity and this fits the bill.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

Here's where you and I disagree. It doesn't matter if you're the Dixie Chicks, an NFL player or Joe the plumber - Every American has not only the right to speak their mind, but a patriotic duty to do so. Several of the people you mention as losing status in your eyes are people whose careers have suffered because they dared to disagree with the official story.
That fact alone should tell you there really is a cover up going on.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Several of the people you mention as losing status in your eyes are people whose careers have suffered because they dared to disagree with the official story.

Where exactly have their careers suffered? If their their careers did suffer it was most likely because they were shown to be spouting garbage

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well. If it gets more people asking questions, it ain't gonna hurt.
It could bring on a new investigation and I think that's what those of us who don't believe in the official theory want.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ohhh this is really going to upset alot of people.
There are just too many people who still do not want to know.
It is very hard to come to terms with the idea that your mommy and daddy don't love you and want you to suffer.
The longer these same people who refuse to know stick to their guns, the harder it is for them to concede that they were duped.

This is a very uncomfortable situation. Kinda like when you fart on an empty elevator only to have someone get on at the next floor.

I don't want this to be true, I REALLY don't.
WHO WOULD?!?!?

But all of the evidence points to the idea that there were certain elements within the Govenment of the United States of America which did everything they could to make this event happen.
Yes it's true, Mommy and Daddy don't love you and don't give a # if you live or die.

Swallow that.
Kinda hard isn't it?
Yeah, it is for me too.
Problem is,
even after all of your denial and clever come backs, ...........there it still is.
I am sorry that they did this to you, but pretending it didn't happen isn't going to make it go away.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by multidimesonalism

Well, you may be reading me a bit wrong on this. I'm not a skeptic in terms of thinking the Official line is the real story, with that being the end of the matter. There are absolutely things about the event, that morning and the things leading up to it all that just don't make sense.

There has never been an investigation worthy of calling it that. By anyone. Period. The 'Truthers' literally don't have the access and the resources to conduct a proper and complete investigation of one of the largest events in world history within recent times. The Government never gave more than a backhanded effort...and that outcome was predetermined all the way, IMO.

The science isn't a matter of not knowing any theories, but too many OF them. One side holds fast to controlled demolition....which would make a world first for all record books in existence. A perfect ...*PERFECT* triple building drop, within their own footprints and two of them exceed 1,000 feet for the complexities of a thousand variables every foot of that to make it NOT happen that way. WTC-7 was the shorter of the 3...but no less technically challenging if a deliberate demolition. Actually... MORE difficult if anything. Unless we want to suggest several totally unrelated and rival federal agencies we all in on it and cooperating..then WTC 7 had to be rigged without anyone being the wiser as it was being done with precision for placement. No mere wall or furniture could stop proper placement for THAT perfection...yet no one could ever know anything had been done in advance.... ( ?? ) That's the part that never tracks for that theory in my mind.

Another theory by a Doctor who put a lot of work into her research holds that we saw the evidence of a highly advanced energy weapon that caused vertical failure and a straight drop down for the Towers. Among her points of evidence are seismic readings with video and other material showing they fell just a hair ABOVE full free fall. Shouldn't be possible...but it was compelling evidence. Also, claims of scorching to vehicles and things down there people couldn't explain by fire and a general discrepancy (and a big one as I recall her telling it on a radio show I caught her on) between reasonable estimates of debris which SHOULD have existed and the literal amount recorded and weighed as it left the actual site on trucks for the landfill. (??)

Are either accurate? They contradict each other and only one can be....and those are but two of many I've heard or read and found enough to at least give them credit for putting serious thought and effort into building a theory. What nothing yet seems to have though is solid, indisputable and basic evidence of dirty deeds done beyond 3 Airliners striking 3 buildings with over 3,000 dead. ....and when it comes right down to it, that last sentence is all I can say I AM 100% certain of for the events of that day. 4 Airliners took off. They never landed or were seen again and no one who was on them was ever seen or heard from after the point of impact at the 4 sites.

Again...in a case with almost no absolute certain fact....those are, and they're about all that are thanks to a sloppy cover-up and game played after the event by Uncle Sam, lead by a cowboy who couldn't friggen WAIT to lead a major war like Daddy did. (

^^ I'm real bitter on that because I strongly believe a CIA team and Northern Alliance locals HAD Bin Laden cold at Tora Bora, and could have tagged him right then and there. It would have ended a war before it began....but when they called for troop support as a blocking force on the Paki border before resuming the merry chase into the mountains, they got told what a good job they'd done and ...End of Mission. The Marines made it a real war shortly after. It NEVER had to be.

It's also fair to note I don't debate and chat on this with the general light air I do on other things. One of my friends is a retired NYPD Detective who did his tours in that hell, starting right after they fell. I made one 9/11 truther comment too many one night and learned more about the impact to the victims and what some directly saw and lived that day than I think I really ever WANTED to know. Just an FYI for context to my approach on the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Here's where you and I disagree. It doesn't matter if you're the Dixie Chicks, an NFL player or Joe the plumber - Every American has not only the right to speak their mind, but a patriotic duty to do so. Several of the people you mention as losing status in your eyes are people whose careers have suffered because they dared to disagree with the official story.
That fact alone should tell you there really is a cover up going on.

No, actaully, I think Ed Asner being old as dirt and Charlie Sheen being an unreliable drug addict has more to do with their suffering careers than their belief in any conspiracy story.

I for one will be surprised if this thing gets played in even one movie house. Michael Moore was able to get away with playing "Fahrenheit 9/11" because Bush was still president and there was still money to be made from Bush bashing. Nowadays, claiming "Bush staged 9/11" is about as topical as Dan Quayle jokes...and if anyone has to ask who Dan Quayle is then you've just proved my point.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nice - for the obvious fact that alternative views will see the light in a industry overrun, like politics, with money washing agendas - & also for the great reason that Woody and Charlie will be together !!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Wow, you never cease to amaze me Dave. Do you really think that you can compare the country's largest terror attack in our history to Dan Quayle jokes? Anyways, I will be surprised if this film will make it to production, tptb will turn the screws on Hollywood and that film will get the plug pulled.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You know the government will covertly fight this as hard as they can. Should an investigation be forced and pushed far enough to uncover anything that reveals the U.S. has a hand in the attack, the government as we know it might collapse and burn.

A fitting fate, certainly, but the resultant anarchy might cost more innocent lives than a dozen 9/11's. Something to consider, for those of you screaming, "DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!" Some people never seem to realize how much damage could result from the top being blown on that operation.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ATS 9/11 forum to challenge official Version of 9/11
Membership: 271, 252 (total accounts)
Audience: Global

Consequence:
1. In fighting between members.
2. Vile remarks ensue from all camps
3. Forum becomes a T&C violation-fest
4. Many ATS members get banned.
5. Many ATS members refuse to visit 9/11 forum due to items 1-4

Net Result:
Forum closed for review, opens 3 months later with significant warning from ATS owner and extra Mod oversight.

Hollywood to Challenge Official Version of 9/11
Membership: Unknown
Audience: Global

Foreseeable Consequence.
1. US government taken to task by global population - asked to provide official comment.
2. Independent investigation ensues.
3. Findings contradict 911 Commission report but blame remains the same.
4. Global outcry - many facts overlooked.
5. US Government exercises "official deniability"
6. Riots in US capital cities.
7. Film smashes box office records.

Foreseeable Net Result:
Martial law

I wonder if Hollywood is going to take a look / has already taken a look at the ATS 9/11 forum to ensure they get all of the "contradictions / facts / oversights" correct before the script is finalised.

I hope so, for SkepticOverlords sake.

May the 3000+ souls that lost their lives that September Morn Rest In Peace.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That's a pretty reasonable projection of the national reaction.

But you know, the White House wouldn't have to worry about it if they hadn't seen fit to arrange the whole catastrophe to begin with...if they were truly innocent, surely it would have been proven by now? I mean, no one blames Pearl Harbor on the U.S. right? It's not like we blame our own country for everything.

I guess that's what happens when your leaders make a habit of lying to your face. If this movie goes through, let's hope that it baits the officials into slipping up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join