It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it an apple? or a Patato?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by adjensen

I do not get what you are getting at.. JZ Knight is a small part of the documentry/film. The picked prominent scientists/ philosophers mathematicians etc.. These where not micky mouse thinkers. Yes it is an interpretation thats the best we can do when looking at something that is defying rational thought..

Read the article that I linked to -- the only scientist of merit in the movie is David Albert, who has denounced the filmmakers for taking his comments completely out of context (according to an interview I saw with him, he spent most of the five hours he was with the filmmakers telling them that they were totally wrong, but when edited, makes it look like he agreed with their claims.)

Pretty much everyone else that you see in that movie is associated, directly or indirectly, with JZ Knight and her multi-million dollar "channelling" cult up in Washington state.

I never take anything as total truth, just the bits that resonate with me. Channeling is an interesting subject

I liked the movie. Some of it was things I already understand so it is a nice refresher on some levels.
I'll check your link to see what the other side of that coin is. But really, a movie is a movie. Just gotta experience things for yourself to make conclusions.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by purplemer

I do not get what you are getting at.. JZ Knight is a small part of the documentry/film. The picked prominent scientists/ philosophers mathematicians etc.. These where not micky mouse thinkers. Yes it is an interpretation thats the best we can do when looking at something that is defying rational thought..

Read the article that I linked to -- the only scientist of merit in the movie is David Albert, who has denounced the filmmakers for taking his comments completely out of context (according to an interview I saw with him, he spent most of the five hours he was with the filmmakers telling them that they were totally wrong, but when edited, makes it look like he agreed with their claims.)

Pretty much everyone else that you see in that movie is associated, directly or indirectly, with JZ Knight and her multi-million dollar "channelling" cult up in Washington state.

That was also an interesting link, thank you for that as well. So the movie is based on channelings of a 35,000 year old warrior mixed with science?

That's kind of a neat way to fit some things into a way of peoples thinking.
Interesting if nothing else. I did enjoy the movie. In some ways it kind of reminded me of the Celestine Prophecy at least the core of the message...just a different twist on why.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
So the movie is based on channelings of a 35,000 year old warrior mixed with science?

Well, no, the movie is based on the words that a woman claims are from a 35,000 year old guy from Atlantis, mixed with pseudo-science.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I own a copy of that movie (the "expanded" version,) which I bought on a whim one day without knowing what it was. It embodies everything that I dislike about non-physicists who latch onto quantum mechanics as being their gateway to allowing for magic, which is complete nonsense.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ok, got where you are coming from.

An apple is an apple unless you are blindfolded and smelling an onion.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yes. Reality is what reality is, not what we would like it to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join