It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat saves Dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by RizeorDie

Still the way we are right now biologically, if we took babies and placed them on a perfect planet where everyone was good and kind and looking to help each other our little spawn would have the wiring to take advantage.

This line of thinking reminds me of the way genetics was taught to me in middle school. I distinctly remember being taught that my genes are responsible for almost every aspect of my life, including which shoe I tie first. Isn't it absurd to assert that there is a "shoe-tying gene"?

I can decide to tie my other shoe first for a few weeks, then that becomes my natural "first" shoe to tie. Have I consciously altered my genetic makeup, or have I simply changed a habit?

It seems that biology is often blamed (inappropriately) for behavior. Sure biology provides certain bio-mechanical tendencies such as reflexes, but even "blood-thirsty predators" have to be socialized and taught how to stalk prey and hunt, etc. These behaviors are not "hard-wired" at all; they are learned.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I will meet your kitten and puppy video and raise you a pony with ball video.

Herbivores can develop a prey drive* and preditors can set aside their killing instinct.

There are reports of horses killing goats/fawns and eating them. I will find the source.

edit on 19-10-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Fantastic!

One star and one flag is not enough....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sorry, but I doubt the cat was pushing on the dog's butt from inside. More like the dog barely fit through the opening and the cat was playing with him.

Why didn't the total ass who was filming that stop and help the dog???

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm gonna call you out on this one:

The cat was playing with dog..... did not push the dog out of the hole!

There was someone in that hole (whatever it was) who pushed the dog out!

having said this... yes cats and dogs can play about together... used to have a cat & dog when I was younger and they played about.

BTW is that your video in the OP? Hoping to make a little cash from the Advertisement???
edit on 19-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by 12voltz
The video of the cat playing with the dog is all warm and happy , but put a mouse in front of that cat and watch it torture and brutally kill it.
Same goes for humans ,we can all be friends in the right circumstances but if the need arises out of hunger ,persecution or power , brutality reigns

Lets assume I have 5 brothers and sisters, we live on an island. Our parents have raised us teaching us about love and equality, to care for one another and help one another, to also protect each other, to work as one, if my brother gets hurt then i'm also hurt etc. we are all smart kids, we have brains, we play and sometimes we quarrel over stupid things but we wouldnt kill each other over it. so then one day in the future there is a drought on the island and there is no food, survival will kick in but it wont be every man for himself, we will go at it as a team because thats how we were taught to do things and thats what we THINK is the right thing to do. if I find food i'll share it or give it to my younger who cant handle starving, this is what i've been taught

take the same scenario but lets assume the same 5 brothers and sisters were raised by parents whom favour one child and always put them against each other, make them fight for the food, punish them, divide them and put them into 2 groups, boys and girls or blue eyes vs brown eyes. then if that drought comes, I'm certain those brothers and sisters will not look out for each other instead they will do what they know best and what they think is the right thing to do, and that is look out for number one, which is themselves. They wouldnt care about each other, and if there is food they will kill one another over it.

teach the kids to love and thats what they'll give you

Sure, teach them to love and that's what they will do. But when someone else gets abandoned on that island and they choose to survive and if it means those loving 5 siblings or that one person. Will they know better than to love him or will they be killed for there kindness.

The lesson in the above statement is that it's okay to raise your children to love and to look for the goodness in others but to also teach them to be on the lookout for the worst in others and to defend against it. Now that's reality ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This wasn't really worth posting.... Cat's and dogs play all the time when they grow up together and are used to one another. Useless post

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

When i was about 13 i had a young female pup and about a 2 year old female cat.
The pup was on the street and an old grim looking mongrel strolls by and my pup goes bounding over all exited to see the other mutt.The older dog flipped and bit my little delicate dog and was about to rip her into shreds,i was in the motion of running over to kick the other dog when my cat comes from running from out of an alley at full pelt,flew in the air and landed on the old dogs head,bit him and started scratching and clawing his face.The old mongrel yelped and ran for his life.It was a scene to behold.
I have a had great respect for cats since then.

And in terms of war.......there is money to be made in death and it won't be the elites families that die in the battlefield yet they'll reap the financial rewards.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
cat was bored , helped dog escape.
stupid dog didn't even say thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Is it just me or was cat just trying to mess with dog and dog tried to get away from cat? I don't think saving dog was the intention here.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the horse drink.

The OP is noble, but misled.

There're some things you can't teach out of a person.

The world is the way it's. It's a balancing act. There's no such thing as the one right way. Instead there're a bunch of right ways and they're all thrown together in the middle.

The world will never be a happy perfect place for any single person or group. All people and all groups must confront adversity and must compromise to achieve their greatest potential.

This idea that if we just did THIS and THAT and then everything would be GOOD is what's wrong. It's the actions of all groups of people that leads to an eventual balance, not one single group.

And it's this balance that's our world. It's not to be contained by any single authority.
edit on 19-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

well atleast he got 29 flag's.
stupid dog.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why is the OP making it out like the dog was in trouble? Clearly the cat was messing with the dog and not saving it, and secondly if the dog was in any real trouble i'm sure the guy holding the camera would help him. You guys need to lay off the brownies.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Obviously some of you guys are missing the point,

1. I didnt title that video, It is not my video
2. I dont know what was going on during that video, for all we know 2 things could have happened:
2, a. Dog was stuck for days and this cat kept it alive by bringing food to it
2, b. The dog squeezed itself inside just 2 minutes before the guy came with the camera and the cat just happened to be there, but that makes no difference based on the main issue
3. No where in my thread did I say anything about the cat saving the dog (apart from the title which could be misleading, but if you read the rest of the thread you'll realise this wasnt just about a CAT SAVING a DOG)
4. the point was clear, read first paragraph, an average person would assume cats hate dogs and vice versa; because they grew up being told just that. In other words an average person would assume Iranians hate Israelis and vice versa; and so on.... THE POINT: its only true if you choose to believe it
5. Now if I show you a video of FOOD FIGHTING, its main purpose is to raise awareness for African Famine, yet instead of talking about the famine you'd rather discuss the type of cake, arguing whether it was chocolate or strawberry; then what good are you? whats with the negativity?

Thread: How to stop WW3?

post from above thread:

Originally posted by samsamm9
HOW TO STOP WW3 ...

Just freaking love one another.
Simple

In other words someone gives me a gun and tells me to kill so-and-so, I'm not going to do it for them, i'm going to tell them straight up; thats my brother and i love that person and i'm not shooting them for anybody, the guy will then have to find someone else to kill for him, so if everyone did the same and refused to kill for some rich coward the world would be a better place.

but then how are you going to explain that to zionists and islamic extremists and racist nationalists? well you have TV and internet, what takes 1000 years to do in the past we can do it in months. So if Jesus comes today he will say 'wow man; this is much easier than 2000 years ago'

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
That pussy cat had no intention to dislodge the dog. He crawled back there and started clawing and biting that dog's ass, knowing it's defenseless.

Here's the life lessons to be gained from this:

-If you're desperate enough, you can escape your tormentor.
-Even a pussy can be tough with the right circumstances.
-What happens off camera is always more important than what happens on camera.
-Don't put fairy tunes on your Youtube videos.
edit on 20-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Read Lord of The Flies.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I get your point about fighting because we are conditioned to. It's a very good point. When I was a child I kept playing in tha garden with bees. They never stung me. They looked cute and furry and I would pet them. Until my mother caught me and said not to touch them, they will sting me. They're bad. Of course after that I avoid them and am scared and swat them now. It's the same with big dogs, because my dad is scared of them and hates them. I did too. I panic if a big dog is on the loose. I just do what I was taught.

However in the case of wars, I doubt it ever has anything to do with the masses but more to do with TPTB deciding they need to make you think this, so they can initiate wars. Unless you really believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join