It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat saves Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Cats and Dogs have always been portrayed as natural enemies, this has been imprinted in the minds of the masses since childhood using cartoons such as Tom and Jerry. This kind of indoctrination is used on a global scale; perfect for division between the peoples whether its about religion, race, colour or country. Perfect and most convenient for those who want total control, those lust for power and greed.

The Germans are no worse than the israelis, and the israelis are no worse than the mexicans, and the mexicans are no worse than the chinese, and the chinese are no worse than the egyptians, and the egyptians are no worse than the americans, and the americans are no worse than the iranians, and the iranians are no worse than the french, and the french are no worse than the indians, and the indians are no worse than the russians and so we are all equal, all brothers.

We all just want to get by and live, we dont want to harm anybody, we want to help each other and be happy with ourselves.

Now sure that dogs and cats may skirmish but you can also teach them to live together, likewise we can teach all the peoples of the world to live together regardless of beliefs. Someone like Bin Laden, Hitler or George W Bush wouldnt have turned out the way they are if they were taught love and forgiveness.

we are all equal, there are no chosen ones, there is no such thing as the chosen people of God, there is no such thing as superior race, there is no such thing as killing you will take me to heaven.

If cats and dogs can live together, then so can we. Obviously saying is easier than doing, but this quote makes more sense:

all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

If we work on this now instead of making more games about killing Nazis or movies like Rambo and Batman and teaching the kids about violence then we are only breeding more hitlers, more bushs, more bin ladens, more death and oppression, more psychopaths and more serial killers

so, shall we try to stop ww3?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The video of the cat playing with the dog is all warm and happy , but put a mouse in front of that cat and watch it torture and brutally kill it.
Same goes for humans ,we can all be friends in the right circumstances but if the need arises out of hunger ,persecution or power , brutality reigns

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
The video of the cat playing with the dog is all warm and happy , but put a mouse in front of that cat and watch it torture and brutally kill it.
Same goes for humans ,we can all be friends in the right circumstances but if the need arises out of hunger ,persecution or power , brutality reigns

Lets assume I have 5 brothers and sisters, we live on an island. Our parents have raised us teaching us about love and equality, to care for one another and help one another, to also protect each other, to work as one, if my brother gets hurt then i'm also hurt etc. we are all smart kids, we have brains, we play and sometimes we quarrel over stupid things but we wouldnt kill each other over it. so then one day in the future there is a drought on the island and there is no food, survival will kick in but it wont be every man for himself, we will go at it as a team because thats how we were taught to do things and thats what we THINK is the right thing to do. if I find food i'll share it or give it to my younger who cant handle starving, this is what i've been taught

take the same scenario but lets assume the same 5 brothers and sisters were raised by parents whom favour one child and always put them against each other, make them fight for the food, punish them, divide them and put them into 2 groups, boys and girls or blue eyes vs brown eyes. then if that drought comes, I'm certain those brothers and sisters will not look out for each other instead they will do what they know best and what they think is the right thing to do, and that is look out for number one, which is themselves. They wouldnt care about each other, and if there is food they will kill one another over it.

teach the kids to love and thats what they'll give you

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Love it!!! Thanks I needed that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's a nice sentiment OP but it's not realistic to think we can just teach out the bad. I've known people brought up in very loving homes that turned into dirt bags. You can't teach biology. Well, you CAN but it's going to take awhile.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I want to clap but I cant, so I'll give you a star and a flag

ETA: Just watched the vid. Amazing

edit on 18-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
It's a nice sentiment OP but it's not realistic to think we can just teach out the bad. I've known people brought up in very loving homes that turned into dirt bags. You can't teach biology. Well, you CAN but it's going to take awhile.

I agree, you raise a kid in a good home but you let him play Call of Duty killing people, you let him on the internet watching street fights, the problem is not only the family, but society as a collective entity

this must change, it will take time, but if we all just give up and hope the next guy starts on it then it will never happen. everyone must strive for this, everyone must try, everyone must do it.
edit on 18/10/2012 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Holy crap. Pie in the sky much?

It's a real cute video and all but seriously...comparing G.W. Bush to Hitler and Bin Laden?

I do think there is a certain amount of indoctrination and false dichotomy that prevails but, IMHO, I think you just wanted to post that video and tried to dress it up all smart like.

As the first reply indicated, anyone can deign to get along under certain circumstance but let pressure come to bear and the mask is off. We're only human animals and animals need resources so animals fight over said resources.

The best we can hope for is to educate and elevate but we'll never eradicate our basic animal instincts.
edit on 10/18/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Not if they are raised together

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Well that's a very valid point. I would think good parents wouldn't let their kids play Call of Duty, but the society aspect sure is accurate. There are of course outside influences.

Still the way we are right now biologically, if we took babies and placed them on a perfect planet where everyone was good and kind and looking to help each other our little spawn would have the wiring to take advantage.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

On this we agree.

I do not let my kid play violent video games and I teach him he is responsible for taking care of things samller and/or weaker than he is.

You get what you give. Input equals output

Maybe one day OP, maybe one day....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Things like this are weird. We have a dog that has been known to kill a kitten or two in his day. I think he starts out playing but simply at 100lbs he plays them to death. He never "eats" them he will carry the dead kitten around until I take it away.

All that said he has a kitten of his own now. This kitten (now grown) would always rub all over him and play with him and find him wherever he was in the barn and lay down with him all curled up. The kitten follows him around (to the extent she can) the farms acreage.

At night they always sleep together at the foot of the bed. It’s quite comical she'll sit on top of him and "make biscuits" on his hide, which if you have cats you know that can hurt - they have no concept of claws in or out.

She'll lick out the inside of his mouth, ears and clean his feet, etc.

He tries to lick her sometimes and always gets face full of claws in return but never seems to get angry or upset about it.

Other cats he could take or leave...mostly leave.

I often wonder if their souls knew each other in another incarnation or something like that would explain it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Adorable video

thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

That kitten is just playing and the dog cant get out because the stupid cat keeps going for the dogs (sensitive) nose, notice its only when the cat goes into the shed the dog can finally get out.

I think the OP would be better titled "Cat torments trapped dog"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

That kitten is just playing and the dog cant get out because the stupid cat keeps going for the dogs (sensitive) nose, notice its only when the cat goes into the shed the dog can finally get out.

I think the OP would be better titled "Cat torments trapped dog"

Maybe the cat was pushing on the dogs butt? I doubt it, but who knows.

The camera can't see that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I think the cat might have playfully chased the dog into the shed to begin with. It won't come out because its scared of the cat, even though its twice the size. The cat is actually smart enough to know if it goes in, the dog wants to get out and is free to " torment", chase.

This is a case of the cat outsmarting the dog.

By the way, the music in that video was annoying.
edit on 19-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The responses are quite suprising to say the least and lean towards a negative give in type attitude of 'it's too hard' (irritating whiney voice)

poor little things....

OP great message and cute vid, and don't worry they'll get it eventually they've got time
and if they're a bit slow their kids will teach them.

s & f

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

teach the kids to love and thats what they'll give you

Hey guys just registered to ATS after lurking for AGES.
Finally found a thread that angered me enough to register just to post on.

No offense to you but....
Please go back to college and repeat psychology 101, sociology 101 and biology 101.
and while your at it.. take a child psychology class and developmental psychology class.

teaching your kids is not the way to fixing our worlds problems -_-
we are HUMAN BEINGS we can not simply fix our flaws from simple teachings. (ie religion)

you have to UNDERSTAND your kids and act upon their behavior to GUIDE them in the right direction. and even if successful there is the HUMAN element involved.. you never know what we are capable of xD
A perfectly raised child may have a flaw that was never addressed and then violence occurs.
A Seemingly-perfectly raised child may have always been jealous of his older brother for something TRIVIAL that happened at age 0-3 creating a complex for this child later on in life with an outcome in violence.

sorry sir, your ideals sound nice and happy, but humans can not just be "taught" out of their flaws unless we know EVERYTHING about humans... and even then it would take hundreds of generations and by that time i'm sure we will have all blown up by then.

also please stop blaming violent video games, etc... for the violence in our world. It's much more logical that at an early age the child witnessed the mother and father in an intimate moment, and the child believed the father to be hurting the mother, leaving a traumatic imprint of violence in the child's eyes, or something random like that.
Violent video games are a perfect outlet for kids to let their emotions out and great ways to drill "killing = bad" into our children's brains.

please for the love of god before you have children take these courses you will thank me!
In actuality though i'm all for teaching our children better... the majority of kids nowadays have parents who dont even pick up a parenting manual let alone take parenting courses. They just wing it not even thinking about their child's future let alone the future of our species...
I believe ALL parents should be required to take these psychology and sociology courses to learn how stuff actually works, to UNDERSTAND their kids more so they can better act upon the child's basic needs.
edit on 19-10-2012 by stickreid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There's a dark minority on this planet, dark in the sense that it is inconsiderate, without love, and self-serving. It has acquired power through cruel means, by organizing deceptive governments, by establishing itself as the lawmaker, by waging wars, by imposing taxes, by taking away natural rights, by trashing our fragile earth.

I'm through with this dark system. Done.

They are a pathetic joke.

I no longer consider them as legitimate. I no longer abide by their rules.

F.T.G.

edit on 19-10-2012 by seasoul because: surf or die!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Now apply same energy to above and below ground EA*RTH inhabitants then apply to EA*RTH entire energy and cosmos energy
I enjoyed the energy from this thread op very well presented and makes a lot of sense. Keep up the great work RizeorDie
compassion for EA*RTH species detected...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE
edit on 10/19/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join