It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of A Brief Reversal Of The Poles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
just thought I'd throw this out there: according to Atlantians beliefs, The Morning Star, Earth second Moon, fell around that time. I wonder if this could all be tied in together? Could maybe the pole reversal make the moon fall or maybe the reversal, because it was faster than any before it, was caused by the moon falling.
edit on 19-10-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks I was thinking about ozone, but wouldn't the weakening field allow in more cosmic rays, decreasing the amount of ozone, then allowing more UV in?

I think we'd still see the effects of a 'second moon' falling', if there was any human life actually here after such a disaster.....Atlantean eh? lol
edit on 19/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thought I would throw this bit of info your way.

Caution,it's a scientific article!

Annual to decadal changes in the earth's magnetic field in a region that stretches from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean have a close relationship with variations of gravity in this area. From this it can be concluded that outer core processes are reflected in gravity data. This is the result presented by a German-French group of geophysicists in the latest issue of PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences). Read more at: phys.org...

The main field of the Earth's magnetic field is generated by flows of liquid iron in the outer core. The Earth's magnetic field protects us from cosmic radiation particles. Therefore, understanding the processes in the outer core is important to understand the terrestrial shield. Key to this are measurements of the geomagnetic field itself. A second, independent access could be represented by the measurement of minute changes in gravity caused by the fact that the flow in the liquid Earth's core is associated with mass displacements. The research group has now succeeded to provide the first evidence of such a connection of fluctuations in the Earth's gravity and magnetic field. Read more at: phys.org...

phys.org...
edit on 22-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Is there any claim that they are not connected ? To me it is obvious that if the magnetic field is generate by the Earth's core any dramatic change would signify an equally dramatic change in the core and that would affect the flow of the magma...

One thing that would be interesting is to understand the impact of having the magnetic shield very briefly interrupted and then diminished for at least ~250 years (sum of going into reversal and going out). What have been the changes in the shield recently ? (since we have data on it)

For what is said about Mars the lack of proper or any shield eroded the planet's atmosphere, this will also happen to Earth during that period ? How significant will it be? What about the level of activity of the sun ? What were the levels we can gather from previous events ?
edit on 22-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: minor spelling error

<< 1   >>

join