***ATTENTION PLEASE***

The topic of this thread is

I hope there are riots if Romney wins

Please refrain from personal attacks and stay on topic
Any further personal attacks will lead to warnings and possible posting bans

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Go after the ball not the player.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Not so sure about Mr. Romney -

The new battle ground polls are shifting right back for Obama

Ohio - Obama
Iowa - Obama
Wisconsin - Obama
Nevada - Obama
Michigan - Obama
Colorado - Obama is back up after the Romney bounce

Virginia is starting to move back towards Obama

Florida is looking good for Romney

New Hampshire is hard tell...

No need for riots

edit on 18-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by 03Smoker

I know exactly what you are saying. I am a hardwood guy myself, me and pops had a 2 man crew for 12 years in the tristate area. 2-12 million dollar houses, mostly in greenwich and new cannan CT is where 99% of our income came from. Although the builders we always worked for, were themselves upper middle class, all our income went poof when the rich stopped buying the houses they were building.

Other than the rich people, most of our work was done on a barter bases. We do a plumbers floor, they come help us with our plumbing. Etc etc, it helped make our renovation we were doing on our house a bit cheaper, sucks we lost everything lol.

Wow I had my first post removed and lost 1000 points. I didn't even know I had 1000 points. LoL!

On topic. I'm the same way 99% of my work comes from the middle class and up. No one is gonna riot if Obama loses. Its all smoke and mirrors by the dems to scare people. If you can't run on your record, make people scared of your opponent.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As soon as Romney is elected, the business atmosphere will change right away, businesses will feel more secure there is a pro-business, pro-free market person in the WH, and people will start to hire again and invest in their businesses for expansion. Now, everyone is ho lding on to their money. It will still be tight though, as business people know there is still a terrible deficit, but they will feel better knowing conservatives want to cap govt spending. If Romney doesn't get control of spending after that, we could be Greece.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
As soon as Romney is elected, the business atmosphere will change right away, businesses will feel more secure there is a pro-business, pro-free market person in the WH, and people will start to hire again and invest in their businesses for expansion. Now, everyone is ho lding on to their money. It will still be tight though, as business people know there is still a terrible deficit, but they will feel better knowing conservatives want to cap govt spending. If Romney doesn't get control of spending after that, we could be Greece.

Yet Romney is a big fat LIBERAL

Too bad Romney is gonna lose

link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
One of the Smartest Rombots I encountered,
with the sanest arguement.
That guy, 03Smoker was yapping poor people this, rich people that. Just what the hell does he think he is considered as, to people like Romney, and the beloved rich people he speaks so fondly of? ''Finish those hardwood floors in my mansion, peasant!'' Some people appear to have had their frontal lobes COMPLETELY removed.
edit on Thu Oct 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

I said I was sorry for asking like that and I am. I linked the post I was responding to, and this is what I am shocked by:

''Finish those hardwood floors in my mansion, peasant!'' Some people appear to have had their frontal lobes COMPLETELY removed.

It was truly an obnoxious characterization. The gentleman who makes an honest living finishing floors and said himself he takes pride in his work... He is to be admired. He is grateful to those who recognize the value of his work and hire him because they respect his abilities. There is NO shame in honest, hard work. You seriously have a chip on your shoulder and need to rethink your attitude. Shame on YOU for denigrating him...

link   

Originally posted by muse7
I hope the poor and middle class rise up, and let the Neo Cons that they won't get away with implementing their utopia.

Mitt Romney is a corporate vampire that will put a noose around the poor and make them worship the elite class, if you think things are worse now..then just wait until Romney implements his corporate feudalism. Its about time the working class rises up and fights back against the corporate bullies that are threatening them if they don't vote for Romney.

If Romney wins, the workers will fight back.

Classy. Is it okay if when you burn yourself out of a home and stand there on TV wondering why we didn't run to your rescue, we sit on the other side of the screen and think...well you [snip]? I mean seriously. OM effing gersh....they might riot! I'm skeered. You're offering free-for-view realty TV Bad Boys coupled with Honey-Boo-Boo and think you're scaring someone.
edit on Thu Oct 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

my point still stands and i will say it the day after election day...and prove myself that way.

Well I suppose my point still stands as well. I shouldn't have to prove you wrong for something that has yet to happen. I have a funny feeling you're spot on with the prediction though.

Why come here if you have so much disdain for the membership? You hurt my feelings. Why don't you want a pat on the back.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Closing for a short time to allow members to read this:

Originally posted by davespanners
***ATTENTION PLEASE***

The topic of this thread is

I hope there are riots if Romney wins

Please refrain from personal attacks and stay on topic
Any further personal attacks will lead to warnings and possible posting bans

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Go after the ball not the player.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

Reopening.
Please be aware that continued rudeness and bickering will result in further post removals and possible temporary Posting Bans.

11:00EDT
edit on Thu Oct 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
yes... because the working class has it so great under Obama

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Dumb stupid animals huh? I guess all the people that fought and DIED for your freedoms were dumb and stupid. What they were fighting for must have been dumb and stupid.

Let's all riot over this election. I though we were better than other countries that did this nonsense. I guess I was wrong. If we fight over who wins what's the point of voting?

Don't like who wins, let's just riot over it till we win.

That's just stupid.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Now I certainly don't trust Romney, but I do believe he has a VERY good grasp on business, leading me to believe he would be far better than Obama at handling the nations $.

You really haven't read anything about Romney's business sense have you? All he knows how to do is load them up with debt and filing for bankruptcy while pocketing huge profits.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I hope the poor and middle class rise up, and let the Neo Cons that they won't get away with implementing their utopia.

Mitt Romney is a corporate vampire that will put a noose around the poor and make them worship the elite class, if you think things are worse now..then just wait until Romney implements his corporate feudalism. Its about time the working class rises up and fights back against the corporate bullies that are threatening them if they don't vote for Romney.

Typical left wing liberal, HOPING for a riot if their guy loses!! Much like a small child throwing a tantrum if they don't get their way!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You're a worker? What's your job?

MY guess - the workers won't "rise up" because they'll be at their jobs, working.

My guess is that there will be a bunch of college age kids crowding the streets with their Starbucks in one hand, iPhone in the other, complaining about corporate greed....

Oh the irony of the young and foolish.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Typical left wing liberal, HOPING for a riot if their guy loses!! Much like a small child throwing a tantrum if they don't get their way!

You got that right. This is probably how the conversation goes:

“How dare Romney and the evil Republicans take away the free money, free food, and free ride the country OWES us??? We never agreed to this ‘personal responsibility’ BS!! If they want to make us work for a living - LET’S BURN THIS COUNTRY DOWN and take our FREE STUFF!!!!!!!”

The only good aspect to the miscreants choosing to riot is that we can finally put all those FEMA camps to good use.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am very confident that the lower classes, and what is left of the middle class, will not fall for Romney's obvious flip-flopping and lies. And considering that these classes make up the majority of the people in this country, I do not see how there are enough people voting for Romney for him to win. I have been saying that "they" want Romney in office, and the true votes will not matter, because they will do exactly what they did with Bush...Similar to what they did to Paul for Romney.

Knowing and having seen Romney's blatant lies, by watching many interviews, I know that he is very bad for everyone in this country except those who are already rich. That is basically the bottom line. After sponsoring trickle down economics for however long, he turns around and now says that it doesn't work. That's just one lie he has told. I don't know how people cannot see that he has been fixing and molding his answers to fit what the people want. His word is not his bond, and you can quote me, because he will lie.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 03Smoker
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Prove its not the truth.

I don't have links to say my point but I do have real live experience.

In 10 years of doing the same thing guess who paid my bills? Guess who called me and wanted my business?

It wasn't poor people.

I don't have anything against poor people. I grew up poor. We farmed for 40 years just to make ends meet. I was raised that if I wanted it by God I could have it. When I was 18 I started working for my neighbor doing floors. I liked what I did and I saved my money and bought all my own equipment.

People with money pay my bills. I don't know how to say that any clearer.

Of course it wasn't poor people. Poor people don't make enough money in this economy because the rich have been siphoning off the middle class wealth for decades!

If those "poor people" had money, they would be your customers.

Pumping money into the middle class creates more customers for you, *and* you'll still have rich customers wanting custom marble counter tops!

The rich already have enough money to invest and create jobs (sounds like they are still hiring you?) -- I think they can lighten their ballast a little bit so that we all can ride a little higher.

In the end, it's good for them too. If they help create a healthy middle class, they will have more opportunities to make more money from them.

It really irks me -- this, "Well gosh darn it I made this company, I am the Amerian Dream and I am a job creator!"

No, you are not a job creator.

The economy in which your company grew is a job creator. Without that stable economy, your company would not have prosered, and you would not make money and hire people.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So , Mr. 'I hope they riot if Romney wins', suppose in those riots your close relatives are caught in a riot and maimed or worse, killed, then what. Sounds like you are talking out the side of your neck. Another thing that has been played down..... Romney is a Mormon, they don't think in terms that are not wholesome. It's not a shallow thing being a Mormon, there are a lot of tenants to adhere to, a lot of higher-ups to chastise you should you err. Even loosing your membership in the church.
Your lust for blood only shows the questionable value of your topic. Pretty much scored a Zero...!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You are like school on a Saturday....no class....

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join