It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wierdest weather ever uk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ATS malfunctioned, just posting so it can stop malfunctioning in my browser.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The ionosphere gets hit by the sun's energy daily and is far more powerful than anything we could ever throw at it, knowing this how do you come to the conclusion that HAARP can steer hurricanes, create earthquakes and make it snow, shouldn't the entire sun facing side of earth have snow falling with hurricanes and earthquakes?

And how exactly does HAARP create an earthquake one day and then steer a hurricane the next anyway?

Is it a big toggle switch?

You should really learn how to use Google some times. Meanwhile, I'll give you a couple of small hints, though, to satisfy your great appetite for knowledge:

-The reason why HAARP is more effective is because it channel its gigawatts of energy following specific frequencies, which are sent in specific sequences. If you would read Becker you could see how he explain that controled, specific impulses can be more effective than most think. He induced tissue regeneration and cancer destruction using specific electrical current, and he studied impact of household 60-Hz cycle AC impact on organism nervous system.
The Sun might be powerful, but it's random, and so it's ineffective.
-HAARP alledgedly creating earthquakes... That I find that to believe, because I found no military reports for that application for HAARP. I did found 1 source, which I don't trust, but it said it has to do with copper and magnetic fields. Hurricanes are not steered by HAARP, they are steered by silver dioxide using Navy Jets, see military Project Stormfury. HAARP can only influence the jet stream, no more, no less.

lol BTW I loved you post about Shopping Channel. It's pretty much how ATS sees HAARP. I think I'm gonna give you a star for it.

edit on 19-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Ooooh, here...have a cup of tea, and stop being so pedantic...it's a WEATHER thread

Oh really? Well in that case, apologies for actually discussing WEATHER in this WEATHER thread.

You may think it's pedantic, but I think I raised a valid point. How do you define what is the weirdest weather? The author isn't only claiming that, as he's saying that "scientists" claim that, giving it an air of authority (without actually showing where any scientists say this). Making that claim could be misleading people into thinking that there is something going on that isn't, such as claiming that it is proof of HAARP activity, or that it is a sign of the end times.

You would think that the claim of "weirdest weather ever" would be pretty significant, yet there doesn't appear to be a lot of evidence or reasoning to actually back that claim up. So excuse me for discussing this, and asking where scientists actually make this claim. As shown, it hasn't been the wettest summer, and monthly records are broken fairly regularly, since our timespan of records are only really a blip over the course of history.

Oh darn, there I go being pedantic and discussing weather again. So where's this cup of tea?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Is it a big toggle switch?

Well, that might explain why chemtrail believers see those on/off chemtrails..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

-The reason why HAARP is more effective is because it channel its gigawatts of energy following specific frequencies, which are sent in specific sequences. If you would read Becker you could see how he explain that controled, specific impulses can be more effective than most think. He induced tissue regeneration and cancer destruction using specific electrical current, and he studied impact of household 60-Hz cycle AC impact on organism nervous system.

How about a link to this info?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Hurricanes are not steered by HAARP, they are steered by silver dioxide using Navy Jets, see military Project Stormfury.

I was interested in this, so I looked a little further into it. I believe you are referring to the use of silver iodide in attempts to cloud seed a hurricane to freeze super cooled water to ice and diminish it's power. There doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence that this could actually work to diminish its power, or steer it in any meaningful way. There were some observed reductions in wind speed after seeding (sometimes there wasn't any reduction), yet they don't seem to be statistically significant to distinguish between natural variations in wind speeds.

STORMFURY itself, however, had two fatal flaws: it was neither microphysically nor statistically feasible. Observational evidence indicates that seeding in hurricanes would be ineffective because they contain too little supercooled water and too much natural ice. Moreover, the expected results of seeding are often indistinguishable from natrually occurring intensity changes.
Project STORMFURY, A Scientific Chronicle

I'm not denying that it's possible that hurricanes can be steered somehow, but it appears STORMFURY was a failed experiment and shouldn't be used as evidence of this.
edit on 19/10/12 by Curious and Concerned because: add / to fix formatting

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

they are steered by silver dioxide using Navy Jets, see military Project Stormfury.

So, are you talking about this stormfury...

The last experimental flight was flown in 1971, due to a lack of candidate storms and a changeover in NOAA's fleet. More than a decade after the last modification experiment, Project Stormfury was officially canceled. Although a failure in its goal of reducing the destructiveness of hurricanes, Project Stormfury was not without merit. The observational data and storm lifecycle research generated by Stormfury helped improve meteorologists' ability to forecast the movement and intensity of future hurricanes.

en.wikipedia.org...

You may want to actually check things before you post it..

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Sure, the military's gonna admit that it can successfully steer hurricanes. Imagine what Louisiana would say. I'm sure the military is 100% truthful about its projects.

And even if Stormfury really didn't work, what tells you they didn't start another classified Project - which this time used a better chemical and which is kinda kept classified to avoid the people trying to reproduce military's experiments?

Original
Process for weather control, H. M. Brandau, U.S. Patent 2,756,097
Weather control by artificial means, Heinz W. Kasemir, U.S. Patent 3,284,005
Cloud formation and subsequent moisture precipitation, U.S. Patent 3,409,220
System and method for irradiation of planet surface areas, Aurthur G. Buckingham, U.S. Patent 3,564,253
Weather modification method, Knollenberg, U.S. Patent 3,613,992
Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, U.S. Patent 3,630,950
Method and apparatus for altering a region in the Earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere, J. Eastlund[who?], U.S. Patent 4,686,605
Method and composition for precipitation of atmospheric water, Slavko Mentus, U.S. Patent 5,360,162
Use of artificial satellites in earth orbits adaptively to modify the effect that solar radiation would otherwise have on earth's weather, Franklin Y. K. Chen, U.S. Patent 5,762,298
Weather modification by artificial satellites, Franklin Y. K. Chen, U.S. Patent 5,984,239
Method of and a device for the reduction of tropical cyclones destructive force, Jozef Solc, U.S. Patent 7,798,419
Reissue
Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process, Consiglio Nazionale delle Richerche, U.S. Patent RE29,142

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

Guys, give me a break. If the military can gain strategical advantage using "natural" weapons which can create as much damage than a nuclear bomb but at the same time look natural and avoid contamination by radiation, do you seriously think it's not doing what it can to develop it? It has the duty, by law, to develop it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Sure, the military's gonna admit that it can successfully steer hurricanes.

No, you admitted that the Navy can steer hurricanes. I merely 'used Google' and researched your claims, just like you told another poster to "learn how to use Google". You can't get upset because someone actually did what you told them to.

And even if Stormfury really didn't work, what tells you they didn't start another classified Project

Nothing! As I said, I don't deny that it's possible that hurricanes might be steered, but you haven't provided anything to say that it can be achieved, which is what you claimed. Sure, it would be advantageous to be able to do it, but using silver iodide to cloud seed is not a very good method to achieve it, as evidenced by Project STORMFURY.

The motto of this forum is 'DENY IGNORANCE', not 'give people a break if they can't back up their claims'. I'm sorry if this offends you, but if any kind of nefarious activity was occurring, I'd want to be damn sure of it so I could do something about it. Making baseless accusations does nothing to protect us from such activities, as it only serves to muddy the waters, and ridicule those who actually want to do something about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Mate, I presented you with I don't know how many US patent about weather modification. If anything, it is you who isn't denying ignorance.

Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej is to receive a patent for his development of an artificial rain-making technique.
The patent will be granted for the King's "super-sandwich" technique, which involves using aircraft to "seed" warm and cold clouds at different altitudes to make rain.

Seeding involves using chemicals to trigger rainfall in clouds, and the King's technique is said to be particularly successful in that it can more precisely target areas where the rain is to fall.

The Thai king is involved in a number of environmental and agricultural projects, and this will be the fourth patent he has been awarded.

The Bangkok Post reported that Indonesia and some Middle Eastern nations have sought details of the King's technique.

The patent will be presented on 2 June, at his seaside residence in Hua Hin.

King Bhumibol has been on the throne since 1946. He is regarded highly by his people, and some even see him as a god-like figure.

source: news.bbc.co.uk...

United States Patent and Trademark Office
1338343 – April 27, 1920 – Process And Apparatus For The Production of Intense Artificial Clouds, Fogs, or Mists
1665267 – April 10, 1928 – Process of Producing Artificial Fogs
2480967 – September 6, 1949 – Aerial Discharge Device
2550324 – April 24, 1951 – Process For Controlling Weather
2510867 – October 9, 1951 – Method of Crystal Formation and Precipitation
2881335 – April 7, 1959 – Generation of Electrical Fields
2963975 – December 13, 1960 – Cloud Seeding Carbon Dioxide Bullet
3126155 – March 24, 1964 – Silver Iodide Cloud Seeding Generator – Referenced in 3990987
3127107 – March 31, 1964 – Generation of Ice-Nucleating Crystals
3131131 – April 28, 1964 – Electrostatic Mixing in Microbial Conversions
3313487 – April 11, 1967 – Cloud Seeding Apparatus
3429507 – February 25, 1969 – Rainmaker
3432208 – November 7, 1967 – Fluidized Particle Dispenser
3441214 – April 29, 1969 – Method And Apparatus For Seeding Clouds
3456880 – July 22, 1969 – Method Of Producing Precipitation From The Atmosphere
3518670 June 30, 1970 – Artificial Ion Cloud
3534906 – October 20, 1970 – Control of Atmospheric Particles
3545677 – December 8, 1970 – Method of Cloud Seeding
3564253 – February 16, 1971 – System And Method For Irradiation Of Planet Surface Areas
3601312 – August 24, 1971 – Methods of Increasing The Likelihood oF Precipatation By The Artificial Introduction Of Sea Water Vapor Into The Atmosphere Winward Of An Air Lift Region
3608810 – September 28, 1971 – Methods of Treating Atmospheric Conditions
3608820 – September 20, 1971 – Treatment of Atmospheric Conditions by Intermittent Dispensing of Materials Therein
3613992 – October 19, 1971 – Weather Modification Method
3630950 – December 28, 1971 – Combustible Compositions For Generating Aerosols, Particularly Suitable For Cloud Modification And Weather Control And Aerosolization Process
USRE29142 – This patent is a reissue of patent US3630950 – Combustible compositions for generating aerosols, particularly suitable for cloud modification and weather control and aerosolization process
3659785 – December 8, 1971 – Weather Modification Utilizing Microencapsulated Material
3666176 – March 3, 1972 – Solar Temperature Inversion Device
3677840 – July 18, 1972 – Pyrotechnics Comprising Oxide of Silver For Weather Modification Use
3785557 – January 15, 1974 – Cloud Seeding System
3795626 – March 5, 1974 – Weather Modification Process
3813875 – June 4, 1974 – Rocket Having Barium Release System to Create Ion Clouds In The Upper Atmopsphere
3835059 – September 10, 1974 – Methods of Generating Ice Nuclei Smoke Particles For Weather Modification And Apparatus Therefore
3835293 – September 10, 1974 – Electrical Heating Aparatus For Generating Super Heated Vapors – Referenced in 3990987
3877642 – April 15, 1975 – Freezing Nucleant
3896993 – July 29, 1975 – Process For Local Modification of Fog And Clouds For Triggering Their Precipitation And For Hindering The Development of Hail Producing Clouds
3899129 – August 12, 1975 – Apparatus for generating ice nuclei smoke particles for weather modification
3899144 – August 12, 1975 – Powder contrail generation
3940059 – February 24, 1976 – Method For Fog Dispersion
3940060 – February 24, 1976 – Vortex Ring Generator
3992628 – November 16, 1976 – Countermeasure system for laser radiation
3994437 – November 30, 1976 – Broadcast dissemination of trace quantities of biologically active chemicals
4042196 – August 16, 1977 – Method and apparatus for triggering a substantial change in earth characteristics and measuring earth changes

source:inquiringminds.cc...

If you want to deny all that, hey, who am I to burst your comfortable view of things?
edit on 21-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Mate, I presented you with I don't know how many US patent about weather modification. If anything, it is you who isn't denying ignorance.

Why don't you reply to what I posted? I know that there are patents for weather modification, but I was replying to this.

Hurricanes are not steered by HAARP, they are steered by silver dioxide using Navy Jets, see military Project Stormfury.

I showed you that if you actually look into Project Stormfury, it shows that it was a failed attempt at modifying hurricanes. You claimed that the navy uses silver dioxide (I think you meant silver iodide) to steer hurricanes, and I showed that there is no reason to believe this. Showing me a patent for electric field generation or laser countermeasures is of no relevance whatsoever to what I posted. So how am I not denying ignorance? I showed that what you posted was misleading, and you've simply introduced a strawman argument to deflect from this.

I have no doubt that there are weather modifying patents, and that some forms of weather modification exist. But even if there is a patent for something, it doesn't mean that it even works, let alone is practical or being used on a regular basis. I can show you a patent for an "Apparatus for facilitating the birth of a child by centrifugal force", but that doesn't mean it's ever been used, or that it would be practical to do so.

So can you show how the Navy uses silver dioxide to steer hurricanes, as you claimed?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How on Earth did a UK weather thread turn into a science fiction debate about HAARP and chemtrails?

Anyway.....yes, this year has been odd, I do not remember 1 full week of sun all summer, and maybe 3 weeks tops of sunny days combined, the rest of the time just rain and more bloody rain, send it back to Iran!

There was snow in may and august, also hailstones.

None of my plants bore fruit, except the peapods.

There has been record numbers of nationwide floods.

The jet stream went right over the middle of the UK, instead of between the UK and Iceland, which apparently is the cause of this whacky weather.

What caused it to change?

I blame the sudden rise in numbers of wind turbines. (I don't really think they would have an affect, but need to blame something)
edit on 21/10/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
So can you show how the Navy uses silver dioxide to steer hurricanes, as you claimed?

No... but can you confirm that silver iodine can't steer hurricanes? Stormfury failed in 1983. What technology do you reckon they have today, 29 years later? What do you think they have developed after 29 years? They today have the tech to guide lighting by ionizing a path of low-resistance in the air using IR laser pulses. And that kind of information is only what they accepted to declassify to the public. Imagine what they have in "classified projects" section.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sorry, but there is no such thing as heat lightening.

Lightening can travel several miles outside of a storm. (which is why even if it is clear skies above you, storms are still dangerous.) If you can hear thunder, you can still get struck by lightening.

But the phenomenon is just lightening skirting around a storm that is too far for you to see.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned

No... but can you confirm that silver iodine can't steer hurricanes? Stormfury failed in 1983. What technology do you reckon they have today, 29 years later?

Ignoring the apparent argumentum ad ignorantiam, it appears that there is not enough supercooled water in hurricanes for silver iodide to have any measurable effect, as evidenced by Stormfury. As I said, I don't deny that it's possible that hurricanes can be steered somehow, but it is highly unlikely that any such method would use silver iodide.

I think it's important to point this out, because if there was a situation where a hurricane is suspected of being steered, we would like to look for evidence of this so we could do something about it. But if there are false claims of steering methods, it may mean people are looking for the wrong kind of evidence, or missing the actual evidence that it is occurring.

Originally posted by woogleuk
Anyway.....yes, this year has been odd, I do not remember 1 full week of sun all summer, and maybe 3 weeks tops of sunny days combined, the rest of the time just rain and more bloody rain, send it back to Iran!

After talking to family from the UK (coincidentally, from Cumbria), this sounds just like a standard UK summer.

In all seriousness, there was obvious a lot of rain for the UK, and some flooding occurred. I am curious though, you stated that there was a record number of floods, and in the OP article it states that less homes were flooded.

Paul Mustow, head of flood management at the Environment Agency, told BBC News that 4,500 properties had been flooded this year.

"But if you look back to 2007 when over 55,000 properties were flooded, we were relatively lucky - if lucky is the right word - for the impacts we saw this summer," he said.

Does this mean that flooding was less severe this Summer, or have flood defences increased significantly since 2007? Obviously floods are not simply related to total rainfall, as their severity depends on a number of factors such as rate of rainfall, soil conditions, prior water levels in rivers, and amount of run off from urban areas, to name a few. It is a real shame about your plants. mine bore plenty of fruit this year, as often it is a lack of rain that is an issue here, but we got a fair bit ourselves. Not as much as you guys though

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

It is most certainly away to get weirder...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join