It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden: Who Served In Iran War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Airliners have had the top half basically torn away in-flight and landed. It isn't the speed that is the issue, it is the altitude. You know that they fly aircraft that have open cockpits, right?

Aloha Airlines Flight 243 had one fatality.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Try rolling down a window when your going 500mph and see what happens buddy.

Is that 500 mph indicated or true?

Try learning something about the subject matter before commenting, friend.

This is one of those stories that's so crazy it is probably true.

Here's how it goes: A Russian movie company hires two Sukhoi pilots to film a couple of stunts. The pilots agree to take off without a canopy.

Apparently following a plot-twist in the film, the back-seat pilot ejects from the aircraft while the front-seater keeps flying.

(As a friend of mine notes: "Why use dummies when you can use real Russian pilots? Those guys are amazing." )

The front-seater later claims he flew beyond Mach 2.0 ... with an open canopy! And then he says: "While on this speed I even managed to pull out my fingers in glove for an inch or two outside - it became heated very fast because of immense friction force plane undergoes with the air."

Oh, and this was all done with Sukhoi's tail number 801, which is nothing less than the SU-35UB prototype -- one of the most advanced jets Sukhoi ever built!!! (See SU-35UB promo video below.)

Crazy Ivans ... or, what Russian Su-35 pilots will do for a buck

Crazy Russian Sukhoi Su-35 Pilot Ejects For a Hollywood Movie at Mach 2

I'm not sure about the mach 2 claim however I can provide dozens of similar transonic examples.

Have you ever heard the story about the SR-71 pilot that dropped his landing gear at Mach 3 without harming the aircraft??

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Really, thats your Defense.

Windows acessed by PILOTS!!!!

Yes, lets give Romney a Roll Down Window, Im for it, at 30,000 feet, he can grab some Fresh Air.

My defence for what?

You said...

reply to post by neo96

Ah yes, Joe can say some silly things.

But Romney wanting to put ROLL DOWN WINDOWS in a Airplane, cmon Neo, Thats the Height of Stupidity.

I provided multiple examples that you were incorrect so now you want to move the goalposts.

By the way, the pilots seat is on the left hand side

Leroy, the point was that Romney had been talking about the fact that commercial airliners don't have roll-down windows for the passengers, and how that can be a problem in certain situations. The poster who you are claiming is now moving the goal posts was obviously talking about that. Yet, you think you have scored some rhetorical/semantic battle here. This is what right-wingers are now having to stoop to in order to claim a victory in any political discussion. Well played, right-wingers, WELL PLAYED.

But back to the original point of this thread. So Joe Bide, who is known to make gaffes galore, makes another one. HOLD THE PRESSES, ALERT THE MEDIA -- and make a post about it at ATS. Seriously, OP, you really think this story warranted a post? I realize that you and the rest of your fellow travelers in the right-wing echo chamber feed off this kind of pathetic, two-bit, gotcha stories of no consequence, but nobody else cares. It's just conservative/right-wing/Teabaggin' onanism. But keep on spilling your rhetorical/political seed.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

So Joe Bide, who is known to make gaffes galore, makes another one. HOLD THE PRESSES, ALERT THE MEDIA
Another way to look at it is,

Biden is a heartbeat away from the presidency. He thinks we have been at war in Iran.
Better vote for him, he seems to have a firm grip on foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Really, thats your Defense.

Windows acessed by PILOTS!!!!

Yes, lets give Romney a Roll Down Window, Im for it, at 30,000 feet, he can grab some Fresh Air.

My defence for what?

You said...

reply to post by neo96

But Romney wanting to put ROLL DOWN WINDOWS in a Airplane, cmon Neo, Thats the Height of Stupidity.

I provided multiple examples that you were incorrect so now you want to move the goalposts.

By the way, the pilots seat is on the left hand side

Leroy, the point was that Romney had been talking about the fact that commercial airliners don't have roll-down windows for the passengers, and how that can be a problem in certain situations. The poster who you are claiming is now moving the goal posts was obviously talking about that. Yet, you think you have scored some rhetorical/semantic battle here. This is what right-wingers are now having to stoop to in order to claim a victory in any political discussion. Well played, right-wingers, WELL PLAYED.

Willis, considering that the Romney comment was clearly meant in jest to begin with I would say the joke is on those that are trying to take the quote literally.

According to New York Magazine's Dan Amira, the reporter who first reported Romney's comments says he was not being serious and that she didn't report that he was joking because she believed it was self-evident.

The Los Angeles Times story that relayed Romney's airplane remark to the world was based off a pool report written by the New York Times's Ashley Parker. When we asked Parker this morning whether it seemed as if Romney made the mark in jest, she left no doubt. "Romney was joking," she e-mailed. Parker told us that while the pool report didn't explicitly indicate that Romney was joking, it was self-evident that he was. "The pool report provided the full transcript of his comments on Ann's plane scare," she said, "and it was clear from the context that he was not being serious."

Mitt Romney wants airplane windows to roll down in case of fire so people can breathe more easily

The first poster said...

reply to post by neo96

I responded....

Just FYI, there are quite a few aircraft designs that have incorporated roll down windows.

***redundant Content snipped***

Etc. etc. etc....

You were saying?

Second poster says...

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Try rolling down a window when your going 500mph and see what happens buddy.

I respond...

Is that 500 mph indicated or true?

Try learning something about the subject matter before commenting, friend.

***redundant Content snipped***

.....I'm not sure about the mach 2 claim however I can provide dozens of similar transonic examples.

Have you ever heard the story about the SR-71 pilot that dropped his landing gear at Mach 3 without harming the aircraft??

Everything I posted is both correct and in the proper context regarding the conversation.

Read your response again, which of us is relying on rhetoric and semantics?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join