It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British hacker says aliens exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Gary aint the one dragging this out or riding the wave giving people what they want.
Since getting caught all he has really done is answer questions.

He has never claimed to be an elite hacker ect.
And he never claimed to have proof.
All he has is his word and the British legal system dont have enough evidence to convict him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

If you are really interested, there is a fairly lengthy Crown Prosecution Service evaluation (dated 26 February 2009) of the evidence at the link below:
cdn.ttgtmedia.com...

A summary of the evidence appears on the third page. (The first page is blank).

The Crown Prosecution Service document concluded that the evidence available at that time was insufficient to prosecute Gary McKinnon.

Hope this helps.

cdn.ttgtmedia.com...

So why has it dragged on for this long? American Pride is why.
edit on 21-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by something wicked
You are missing the point. If he saw an image it was viewable on his screen. If it's viewable on his screen then you can take a screengrab in a fraction of a second.

Do know know anything about the capabilities of his computer?

Was it capable of a screen grab?

Windows XP was released worldwide for retail sale on October 25, 2001 and McKinnon was busted 2002 so its very likely he was using Win 98 or Win ME. Niether of those OS's have screen grab software and as far as I know XP doesnt either. They MAY have had the Print Screen command but that requires a printer.
Also, back then hackers would turn OFF all services they didn't require, print services would likely be one of them.

Also, if YOU were the hacker, would YOU have kept evidence of YOUR crime on YOUR computer?

Sorry but I think its YOU who is missing the point.

It's inherent in Windows and had been for years prior to 2001 - you should check these points before making your statement. XP does, I have a computer running XP. Windows 98 did, I used it for screengrabs for work purposes in the late 90's. You are making assumptions that you are then calling facts.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

Did you miss this part of my post?

Also, back then hackers would turn OFF all services they didn't require, print services would likely be one of them

or this part

Also, if YOU were the hacker, would YOU have kept evidence of YOUR crime on YOUR computer?

Are you incapable of replying without being so insulting?
edit on 20-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

I'm capable if you would answer properly. PrtScn is an inherent function in the versions of Windows available at the time. Turning off print services (errrm, try and do that pre-XP?) wouldn't be something you turn off and you are making the assumption a 'hacker' would do. Print Services actually wouldn't stop a screengrab using PrtScn, certainly in a version of Windows available in 2001.

You wouldn't need to keep such a screengrab on your computer. Given the time it was allegedly viewed, it could easily have been saved to a floppy disk.
edit on 21-10-2012 by something wicked because: added a bit

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

if we are the only living "intelligent"creatures in this universe then we really are screwed?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Probability suggests that it is likely other life exists out in our universe, however the same probabilities can be used to suggest that the chances of them visiting us is very improbable at this time.

Based on what in the holy nature decided that if aliens existed, they would most likely unable to traverse galaxies? Wow...

As for the hacker and aliens, yeah he's Jesus, he tells the truth, opnion guys just like me saying 'aliens exist'. Plus he may have decided to lie or someone may have made him disinfo, his words mean nothing, said shortly.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
The problem I have with Gary McKinnon is he claims that he came across many other hackers infiltrating the same networks he was hacking into, and from countries all over the world, bearing in mind that he claims to have been hacking these networks for a couple of years at least, then it would be safe to assume that other people from all over the world had been doing so as well, and it would also be safe to assume that some of those hackers at least would have been a lot better at hacking than McKinnon......why has nobody else come forward with any evidence of what he claimed to have found?

GM: Yeah, you could look at it like, that because I'm sure... I mean, the other connections that were there - Turkey, Holland, Germany, all across the world - you could see the IP addresses that connected to the machine and you could look it up and find out which country they're in and even which businesses own the IPs. And I don't know whether that was foreign governments. It could have been Al Qaeda. It could have been someone else just like me, just snooping around. Who knows?

Source

And face the harassment that Gary has endured? I was (when I last spoke to him at least) being watched by people, as in mysterious men in cars following him. Plus the little matter of facing 70 yrs in jail.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I hate to have to drop in here and send out real world love but whether he is right or not the USA has plenty of viet era pilots who are enabled to go to space in the black programs and if the fat bastard I saw gangstalking me was full of it well then we got lots of genetically sound and enhanced specimens rocking our new toys.
edit on 22-10-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

On top of that I have seen two genetic freaks up here who btw were gov. workers who were both literally 61/2 ft tall or more each blonde white dudes walking though a US HUD office.

When one noticed me staring at him he asked the other guy next to him "why is he looking right at us?"
The other guy who also looked to me a like a massive genetically engineered monster just brushed him off and they went on down the hall together.

Trutly they were massive men and to me either experienced exceptionally amazing childhoods in terms of nutrition and also the fact that they were obviously operation as a a unit in terms of one asking questions of the senior agent.

Hehe yes epigentics is part of why we are treated like shiit

edit on 22-10-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So McKinnon hacked into NASA files and claims that E.T.s exist? Why is everyone finding that hard to believe? Do you trust NASA? Why haven't we gone back to the moon since 1972?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Why haven't we gone back to the moon since 1972?

For the same reason you don't go on holidays in Nebraska : there's nothing to do there.
edit on 22-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You are missing the point. If he saw an image it was viewable on his screen. If it's viewable on his screen then you can take a screengrab in a fraction of a second.

Do know know anything about the capabilities of his computer?

Was it capable of a screen grab?

Windows XP was released worldwide for retail sale on October 25, 2001 and McKinnon was busted 2002 so its very likely he was using Win 98 or Win ME. Niether of those OS's have screen grab software and as far as I know XP doesnt either. They MAY have had the Print Screen command but that requires a printer.
Also, back then hackers would turn OFF all services they didn't require, print services would likely be one of them.

Sorry but I think its YOU who is missing the point.

It's inherent in Windows and had been for years prior to 2001 - you should check these points before making your statement. XP does, I have a computer running XP. Windows 98 did, I used it for screengrabs for work purposes in the late 90's. You are making assumptions that you are then calling facts.

Actually, Voidhawk is kinda right, kinda. Most hackers only enable the most basic functions on their computers because the more apps, programs, processes, PRINTER SOFTWARE, that are enabled and running create potential security flaws. Now, maybe it says he did it via windows and I missed it? But I seriously doubt that he was using a windows OS (or maybe he was, and that's why he got caught? lol). Windows did not have the greatest reputation as far as "security" goes back then. If you were planning on hacking one of the most secure networks in the world, why would you choose to go in naked and with a huge flashing neon sign above your head? - essentially you are doing exactly that if you were on a windows machine.

Anyone with any sort of coding knowledge will almost certainly be doing this from a Linux based system, which in that case, it's totally possible that he didn't even have the Print Screen button setup, or keybound for various reasons.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Joneselius
Gary Mckinnon the British citizen who hacked into NASA and secure military files has come out and accused the agencies of covering up aliens existence. He claims that the military has files with photographs of the craft these 'off world security forces' have been using and their names. Bear in mind it's incredibly hard for people with Aspbergers syndrome to lie!

Though he's not the most secure source of information, he clearly has some faculties if he's able to hack into top security military computers causing 'millions' in damage. It might be why the US government want him so badly!
snip

There is no evidence and the source for the claims is questionable. Trust me, if Gary is correct the U.S. gov't would have sent a death squad to out him. When we get more than hearsay, then it still has to pass scrutiny.

So you're suggesting sending a death squad out to kill him wouldn't raise even an eyebrow of suspicion that what he was actually claiming is indeed true?

It's more than likely he was wanted by the US to give him a job of some kind. Makes sense to me!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If this hacker has seen anything even remotely alien or had gained access to some super secret stuff, you would not even know his name because he would already be dead.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorman
If this hacker has seen anything even remotely alien or had gained access to some super secret stuff, you would not even know his name because he would already be dead.

Read what I posted above you....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't think you understand what I mean. Lets say this dude gained access to something important. He would have been tracked down within days. So you would not know his name, he would have never even had time to get to the media. Believe me, things of such great importance will not be handled in the public sphere with lawyers and media. If a death squad was on the way, it would have been within days of the hacking incident and no one in the world will know this guy even existed. Get my drift?

Originally posted by Just Chris

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Every single time I try to believe, I get burned.

Is it worth it in the long run?

Is that why your look in your avatar with metal hands and face..?

Anyways... I understand why 'they' have millions of dollars damage, say it is McKinnons fault and maybe even try to pinn the bill onto McKinnon. That is what it probably costs to install new security stuff.
edit on 23/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

American Slacker (me) says aliens don't exist.

Harte

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

prove it

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't think you understand what I mean. Lets say this dude gained access to something important. He would have been tracked down within days. So you would not know his name, he would have never even had time to get to the media. Believe me, things of such great importance will not be handled in the public sphere with lawyers and media. If a death squad was on the way, it would have been within days of the hacking incident and no one in the world will know this guy even existed. Get my drift?

Originally posted by Just Chris

There's no definitive reason as to how they'd have the ability to track him down with days and simply kill him. I mean seriously, if they can't keep potential hackers out of highly secretive website, than how can they be expected to find him so quickly.

He'd have ensured it was public knowledge with regards to who he was and what he'd done well before he'd have any suspicions of them coming to hunt him down.

I know if I was scared for my life so quickly, I'd have rang every media outlet going, thus calling their bluff.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All the proof you need to realize that he is telling the truth is the fact they wanted to throw him in prison for 75 years. Just for fiddling around? Highly doubt that. He found something they didn't want seen.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

prove it

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Did the British hacker "prove it?"

How come I have to and he doesn't?

It was a joke. Rhyming scheme, etc.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join