page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
reply to post by RMFX1

He was using dial-up at the time in his girlfriends house while under investigation.

You don't need a fast internet connection to take screen shots and save them as image files.

He was on a 56k connection and the images were really big. Big images on slow connections didn't mix well back in the day.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Why do aliens have to intergalactic travellers. That is one way of the disinformation to make ufo/aliens buffs look like quacks. Et is not interstellar they are interdimensional. They are here , have been here always. Never once do I see MS scientist bring this theory up. Why because that would put an end to the interstellar BS about how we cant cross the galaxy blah blAH BLah. Earth was flat at one time. We didnt know microwaves and infrared existed. What else do "WE NOT SEE NOR HEAR"!!!! SOUND FAMILIAR???

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

Gary Mckinnon the British citizen who hacked into NASA and secure military files has come out and accused the agencies of covering up aliens existence. He claims that the military has files with photographs of the craft these 'off world security forces' have been using and their names. Bear in mind it's incredibly hard for people with Aspbergers syndrome to lie!

Though he's not the most secure source of information, he clearly has some faculties if he's able to hack into top security military computers causing 'millions' in damage. It might be why the US government want him so badly!

You obviously have no knowledge of Asperger Syndrome. I've found your ignorant comments very disconcerning and down right offensive. I highly recommend that you educate yourself on the disorder before you pass judgement on him with false claims.

Asperger syndrome (AS) is a pervasive developmental disorder at the highest end of the autism spectrum. People with AS develop language normally, but often have difficulty with social interactions, fine and gross motor coordination, and eye contact. They may be extremely passionate about just one or two topics, with little patience for small talk. They also may struggle to handle normal daily activities, such as organizing time, managing conflict, or even facing the sensory overload presented by malls and grocery stores.

autism.about.com...

If you carefully watch the You Tube video you posted at the bottom of the page, you can see that why he may not look the interviewer in the eyes while he speaks, he is still very articulate and a very intelligent young man.

There is nothing to indicate he is or isn't a liar and his mental facilities seem fine to me.

Jeesh!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I met Gary Mckinnon in a pub in Leicester once. He wasn't best pleased at being recognised by myself and my drunk girlfriend but none the less was pleasent and came across as a genuine and intelligent man.
He was more keen to talk when I said I had seen his an interview he did with an online UFO group and didn't just recognise his from things like 'The Sun' or 'The Guardian'.

A truly fascinating man that seemed to have the weight of the world on him at the time but perhaps has got a little more confidence since the Americans have not done a fat lot since.
I also have a feeling from what experience I have had regarding people with Asperger's that perhaps that was used in an attempt to get the extremely long arm of the American law off his back. It didn't work in that way and hence why the Asperger's thing isn't really mentioned by him or his legal team much anymore.
Best of luck to him.

edit on 19-10-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

reply to post by RMFX1

He was using dial-up at the time in his girlfriends house while under investigation.

You don't need a fast internet connection to take screen shots and save them as image files.

He was on a 56k connection and the images were really big. Big images on slow connections didn't mix well back in the day.

The "Print Screen" button on his PC would have taken care of that. When you use that, it doesn't matter what your internet speed is. It takes a screen shot of whatever you are looking at and saves it to your computer. I mean, if the guy is anything other than a script kiddy and actually knows enough to "hack" into a government network, he knows how to use the Print Screen button and knows that the connection is irrelevant

I call BS..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

He was connecting to the other side of the pond via 56k phone connection so it would have been slow.
then to load a image that is say 10mb.. would take probably about 20 minutes..

only then he could have used the prnt scrn function. (not even sure it was around back then)

I believe him to a point. just ain't made up my mind ; Aliens or Humans

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Where are the Deatils? Where are these craft at? What are there names? Claims like this need to be backed up with details.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would suggest looking at Zorgon's thread from back a while. It can make at least a tentative sideways connection with McKinnon's claims, which as many have pointed out, could be simply his interpretation of what he saw. It does establish a Naval Space command with perhaps 250 persons or places for person/s assigned to it.

McKinnon's idea of NTO's could just be that, taking that, in McKinnon's context, it is text of an unequivical event involving NTO's. Interesting, amongst a heap of stuff is the Naval Railgun depicted there as a badge.

The motto is "Velocitas Eradico", which translate as "Speed Destroys" but can more accurately be translated "I am speed and I destroy," or similar.

Have a butcher's here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If any part is even slightly true, I can see how the US navy would be pissed, but it was their fault to begin with. If there was ever a Kosher picture of any craft, I dare say it is floating around Whitehall somewhere.
edit on 19-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

reply to post by RMFX1

The "Print Screen" button on his PC would have taken care of that. When you use that, it doesn't matter what your internet speed is. It takes a screen shot of whatever you are looking at and saves it to your computer. I mean, if the guy is anything other than a script kiddy and actually knows enough to "hack" into a government network, he knows how to use the Print Screen button and knows that the connection is irrelevant

I call BS..

People are far to quick on here to 'call BS' or even to flat out believe too.

Having followed this case since the beginning a good few years ago, having watched a few good interviews with him and having met him, his partner (not the same one he was with when he was arrested) and his close group of friends I can say that I do certainly not call BS. I don't 100% believe as I very rarely EVER believe anything 100%.
I can say it seemed to be something that has had a massive negative effect on his life.

On the screenshot side of things I know from talking to him and from interviews that he knew very little of hacking and just followed some simple instructions from a forum to gain entry to NASA and the NSA using the 'handshake' method.
By their own admission their security was lax, by the words of many others they were some of the least guarded sites on the net. Far easier to gain access to than commercial sites and far easier than the UK government sites (partly due to the amount of handshakes available, partly due to 'cockyness' or a sense of being untouchable).

To help paint the picture and provide some insight into why he had no proof you need to know that he was at the time a very depressed and paranoid man that had become obsessed with trying to find evidence of hidden technologies and alien contact through the net. He was staying up for days with little or no sleep and part purposefully didn't save anything and partly was so in a frenzy that he didn't think to do so.

Now I'm not saying that all should believe his story and set that belief in stone, but perhaps not be so quick to 'call BS'.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
so it begins...

"Um, What's That Bright, Shiny Thing Curiosity Just Found on Mars?"

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The McKinnon case is an interesting one. We have to remember how different our technology was in 2001 compared to today. No flat screens, slow dial up internet was much more common than broadband and we had much slower CPUs. McKinnon also admitted to smoking marijuana during his time.

But it still seems like he is yet another one who let the proof slip through his fingers. There is his memory of a spacecraft pic and Non-Terrestrial officers list. But nothing concrete . I suppose that at least he didn't fake anything to bolster his case.

The problem is that it throws some doubt on the whole story. Except for the fact that the US Justice department pursued him for so long. Maybe they thought he really did have something he hasn't told anyone about.

Perhaps he really does have something?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i am pretty certain everything he said about ET is true, his story fits perfect with pretty much all the years of collective research i have taken on the subject.

i have no doubt in this subject that higher life forms are interacting with us and have been for a long time

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The problem I have with Gary McKinnon is he claims that he came across many other hackers infiltrating the same networks he was hacking into, and from countries all over the world, bearing in mind that he claims to have been hacking these networks for a couple of years at least, then it would be safe to assume that other people from all over the world had been doing so as well, and it would also be safe to assume that some of those hackers at least would have been a lot better at hacking than McKinnon......why has nobody else come forward with any evidence of what he claimed to have found?

GM: Yeah, you could look at it like, that because I'm sure... I mean, the other connections that were there - Turkey, Holland, Germany, all across the world - you could see the IP addresses that connected to the machine and you could look it up and find out which country they're in and even which businesses own the IPs. And I don't know whether that was foreign governments. It could have been Al Qaeda. It could have been someone else just like me, just snooping around. Who knows?

Source

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman

But it still seems like he is yet another one who let the proof slip through his fingers. There is his memory of a spacecraft pic and Non-Terrestrial officers list. But nothing concrete . I suppose that at least he didn't fake anything to bolster his case.

The problem is that it throws some doubt on the whole story. Except for the fact that the US Justice department pursued him for so long. Maybe they thought he really did have something he hasn't told anyone about.

Perhaps he really does have something?

That's the way to go,
(1) We have a guy who's talking rubbish because he got caught? Penalty, 60/70 years.
(2) We have a guy who's talking about something true/what he thinks is true, he got caught? Penalty, 60/70years.
(3) Was using the internet in a free manner/open source. Penalty, 60/70 years.
(4) Newspaper hype = hacker, now = newspaper political hype, forget about the"hacking" time to kiss arse.
(5) forum speculation, what if the tale is true?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Is the fact that you think that it's difficult for people with aspergers to lie the only reason that you find this information credible? Because people with aspergers can and do lie.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
why has nobody else come forward with any evidence of what he claimed to have found?

GM: Yeah, you could look at it like, that because I'm sure... I mean, the other connections that were there - Turkey, Holland, Germany, all across the world - you could see the IP addresses that connected to the machine and you could look it up and find out which country they're in and even which businesses own the IPs. And I don't know whether that was foreign governments. It could have been Al Qaeda. It could have been someone else just like me, just snooping around. Who knows?

Source

Which evidence are you referring to? NTS's, GM crops, or Spacecraft/ ET or otherwise.(just to keep the subject narrow)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

... however the same probabilities can be used to suggest that the chances of them visiting us is very improbable at this time.

What does that even mean?

There are galaxies billions of years older than our own. Look at how far we have come in a mere 300 years. Why couldn't another civilization harness the ability to travel perhaps, almost anywhere.. within moments? Life and space travel might be actually so common, that visitors at other planets is a pretty common occurrence, you never know. I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that it would be improbable at this time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Aliens Smelians, pfff.

No joke what if they exist, but they smell really bad to humans. I purpose we then proceed to categorize them in the nominal fashion among whatever others alien types may exist as the smelians.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Apart from Gary admitting guilt can the legal system even prove beyond doubt that it was Gary doing to snooping?

I mean all they have is an admission of guilt from an Asperger's syndrome sufferer.
That admission of guilt should not be accepted in any court of law because of his illness.
And an I.P. address that anyone could have been using.

So where is the proof that he committed any crime?

The above i posted in the other thread here

Also even if he did take a screenshot wouldnt the police have confiscated any evidence like his hard drive?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

... however the same probabilities can be used to suggest that the chances of them visiting us is very improbable at this time.

What does that even mean?

There are galaxies billions of years older than our own. Look at how far we have come in a mere 300 years. Why couldn't another civilization harness the ability to travel perhaps, almost anywhere.. within moments? Life and space travel might be actually so common, that visitors at other planets is a pretty common occurrence, you never know. I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that it would be improbable at this time.

I really could not agree more with your statement
. I've found myself nearly at my wits end when trying to figure out how these people could be so naive and clueless???I've concluded that it is still just too much for some minds to comprehend. The idea that perhaps we are indeed the younger and less developed beings we are...

I'm convinced it's a Very real possibility that they have in fact been here. Having developed the technology to do so a long ago ..
Perhaps it remains too much for some to comprehend??Maybe even a safety mechanism of sorts....meaning So far from your lifelong belief structure that your mind says..Reject..Reject...reject.

But with that being said, rest assured that number is declining due to the fact that our minds are developing. The understanding we accepted as the truth no longer feels right. People want real answers that can be verified by simply looking around. Those in the know are instinctively opening their minds to the much bigger picture.
The fairy tales we were taught since childhood seem less and less probable
edit on 20-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join