It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Election - Question From a Brit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by milominderbinder

Amazing Summary... Nicely done. Very accurate.
I want to give you 50 Stars, one for each Free State.

Thanks.
But it really is painfully inadequate. What rundown of American politics is complete without talking about how Andrew Jackson split the Democratic Republican party into two halves and how the republican party started out as the Know-Nothing Party whose basic platform was to "just say no" to immigration of any and all kinds?

So much to write...so little time.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

reply to post by Dustytoad

Who do you think was the last President of the USA, who wasn't poisoned by corruption?
I'm not sure there has ever been one. We have a tendency to Deify our "Founding Fathers"...but really they were pretty much politicians like everyone else. George Washington refused payment for being the First President of the US saying that the "honor was payment enough". Although...we sure as hell did cover a lot of his "expenses". Including $250 for a field glass (ie telescope type thing that generals used) when the highest quality one's on the market would have only cost around $5 at the time. Although admittedly...some presidents were certainly at least LESS corrupt than others.

The one thing I am relatively certain of is that the last president which we have actually ELECTED was JFK. I think that everybody since then has been largely a puppet.

What has changed from the days of the founders to its current day? Was the political system doomed from its inception, 1913 (onwards), or more recently?

Long, long before 1913. The seeds of the Federal Reserve and institutionally sanctioned corruption were first proposed by Alexander Hamilton prior to 1789. Let's not forget either that in order for America to be "founded"...we had to wage 200+ yrs of genocidal warfare against the Indians. (i.e. Native Americans).

If you ever want to read something that will truly reveal the barbarity of our "founding" read "The Sand Creek Massacre" by Stan Hoig. Colonel Chivington, an ordained Reverend, attack an unarmed camp of Indians near Denver in 1863 while THEY WERE SLEEPING and were flying both a US flag and a white flag of surrender as the peace treaty the signed w/ the govt. dictated that they must. 163 Indians were killed in a matter of minutes...and Chivington instructed his troops to cut the fetuses out of pregnant women's bellies while they were still alive so they could watch them being bludgeoned to death with rocks. Afterwards, Chivington and his mean cut the ears, noses, fingers and genitals off each body (male and female alike) so that they could be thrown to the crowds of townspeople in Denver during their victory parade. (And yes...the townspeople picked them up without thinking it disturbing at all). The torsos, limbs, and heads were then severed and nailed to the inside of the Denver Theatre for public display until the smell got too bad in the summer heat that it was scaring away business.

There is not a whole lot about this country's "founding" that is very admirable at all other than perhaps the intentions of a handful of people like Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin. All in all, it's a sick, twisted, story of atrocities, crime, corruption, death, and misery....but we DO have an excellent PR department and we made a HELL of a good run in attempting to actually become the nation we always claimed/wanted to be during the first half of the 20th century.

How did the public allow so much corruption?

The public didn't. The Baby Boomers did....when they finally die-off we can start rebuilding this country again. To fully understand the generational cycles in America you have to read this book. It's not possible to fully understand American History without doing so, in my opinion. (FYI: I have a Master's degree in History...so it's not a hyperbolic claim).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great posts so far, thanks guys.

I'm familiar with a lot of the historics being flown around and share a lot of your sentiments, but I think its always enlightening to hear from the people actually living it.

Milo always has something amazing input to add

edit on 18-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Americans are actually smart people when we have the information.. They only kept us down by hiding knowledge and pointing us in blind directions to kill our enemies abroad when really they were here. More Americans are waking up faster to the true roots of all of this within our country than these little slugs can cover up.

Indeed.

Sinny...if there is one thing to try to keep in mind about America and Americans it's that we didn't necessarily CHOOSE to be this way. I know it must seem HORRIBLY frustrating to live in a country where you always have to wonder what the overgrown and somewhat retarded Giant who does not understand it's own strength is going to do next.

Clearly, the blame ultimately falls to us...however all of us American Peasants are the victims of the longest running and most sophisticated form of psychological warfare that the world has ever seen. TPTB have drugged our municpal water supplies with FLUORIDE AND LITHIUM (go look up the psycho-active effects of them. They BOTH cause APATHY. Lithium is actually used on schizophrenics and bi-polars to keep them on a nice, even, foggy, keel at all times). In addition, we are bombarded by advertising, propaganda, and subliminal messages like no other population ever has been...and we learned from the best. Remember...our Project Paper Clip after WWII? That's where we rounded up as many Nazi scientists (including psychologists and sociologists) and brought them over here so they could "continue their work" and not fall into the hands of the Russians.

...and if those things weren't enough...we have religion to fill in the blanks. Remember...the FIRST big wave of immigration into this country was a bunch of people for whom the religious practices of Medieval Europe WEREN'T STRICT ENOUGH. Religion is always a shortcut to stupid anywhere in the world...but their really is something remarkable about how deeply ingrained religious "revivalism" is in American society. Personally....I think it's genetic. I think one day we will find a gene that makes people predisposed to desperately wanting /needing to believe in their SkyDaddy.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Third presidential debate: Monday, October22 Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL Moderator: Bob Schieffer, Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation

Monday is the third Presidential debate, focusing on foreign policy. That will be the last time before the Nov. 6th election for both candidates to face off on national television. Hope that helps.

The last debate was a doozy. I thought they were going to throw fisticuffs for a moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Sinny

Third presidential debate: Monday, October22 Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL Moderator: Bob Schieffer, Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation

Monday is the third Presidential debate, focusing on foreign policy. That will be the last time before the Nov. 6th election for both candidates to face off on national television. Hope that helps.

The last debate was a doozy. I thought they were going to throw fisticuffs for a moment.

Ahh, that was it exactly it! Thank you, it was doing my head in wondering!

Its getting a wee bit late over here, I'm absorbing all these posts, but may not be able to ask all my queries tonight.

Would be great to have a few more insights though.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the Book link. (I started reading books ONCE I got out of school)

And yes I agree about those boomers.. My parents fit into that age. No matter how much new information comes out and no matter how much they lose, they are still naive to the changing world around them.

Good news though. The younger generations are picking up the slack at younger and younger ages..

We got this one way or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself and people of my generation begin saying things like "give me Liberty or give me death!" and meaning it.

edit on 10/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Very well said, and thought out post...the documentary was really interestingly disturbing...but insightful...TY for posting it....learned some things.....and several thoughts come to mind.......

But the main thought that comes to mind at the moment is, people who "believe" they have alot of power, and perhaps do, are not any smarter then you and I...lol...learned this working in corporate America for 15 yrs.....maybe they are ruthless bullies, which is a BIG problem, but sometimes justice and wisdom can over ride thier nonscence......cause you would be amazed at what "dummies" many of these people are.

Romney and his "wacko" family LEFT the US to basically circumvent the laws of this country, lol, and actually I don't care if people live "alternative" lifestyles" ...completely wouldn't work for me or most women I know, and would need to hear from all these "wives" before forming an absolute opinion...

Obama is another one that comes from a "wacko" family.....and hey, most of us probably do too in some way....but the fact that both canidates have distanced themselves from thier roots and family is worth consideration to me of both thier characters, and having any power over my family, and our World.

I Loved when Ron Paul just came out and said he was taking a few days off to be with his wife of 30+ yrs. and decided not to attend an event that I believe was already rigged against him....not sure what to think about his son, cause on the surface seemed he betrayed his father, hopefully more to that story then meets the eye....lol...ok gonna take a breath...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the Book link. (I started reading books ONCE I got out of school)

And yes I agree about those boomers.. My parents fit into that age. No matter how much new information comes out and no matter how much they lose, they are still naive to the changing world around them.

Good news though. The younger generations are picking up the slack at younger and younger ages..

We got this one way or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself and people of my generation begin saying things like "give me Liberty or give me death!" and meaning it.

edit on 10/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Yep. The basic premise of the Generations book is that American History operates with uncanny regularity based upon cycles of 4 generational "types" spaced at 22.3 yrs apart (the avg age of human reproduction) and that these 4 "types" of generations always occur in the same pattern relative to one another as a function of being raised by the generation before them.

They go through close to 500 yrs of American History (starting w/ the colonies) and extrapolate out to around the 2030's. The best part? The book was written in 1993 (that's when I read it) and the last 10 years have unfolded almost IDENTICALLY to what they postulated would happen. The only time the cycle skipped a beat in the US was during the Civil War.

You are absolutely correct about the "Liberty" idea. But what may surprise you is that at some point between the next 10-20 years the current "Liberty" is going to pick up a whole lot of ideas from the Left which aren't going to necessarily be blasphemous anymore. Ultimately this will prove necessary so that the Liberty movement gains traction/followers and doesn't remain a fringe sub-culture...but it will be a good thing for the country too.

The biggest crimes that our parents generation (as a whole) has committed is their uncompromising pursuit of Utopia...whether that Utopia was on the Right or Left being irrelevant. As a generation they just cannot tell the difference between "mistakes" and "mistakes that actually f^cking matter".

Moving forward (as the 'Boomers die off) we will that GenX and younger will be FIERCELY protective of their liberties and rights and they will not ask individuals to sacrifice for the benefit of the State. However...they will also not allow a privileged few screw over the entire damn country/world in the name of their "individual liberties". In short...we will be able to discern the difference.

...at least that's how it will go if the America we know it stays intact long enough to allow the cycles to more or less run their natural course.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Milo always has something amazing input to add

Awwww.

Thanks Sinny. I really wish that they didn't have the stupid character limit sometimes, though.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by Sinny

Ahh, that was it exactly it! Thank you, it was doing my head in wondering!

Its getting a wee bit late over here, I'm absorbing all these posts, but may not be able to ask all my queries tonight.

Would be great to have a few more insights though.

Ask away when you get the chance. I really do enjoy this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Romney and his "wacko" family LEFT the US to basically circumvent the laws of this country, lol, and actually I don't care if people live "alternative" lifestyles" ...completely wouldn't work for me or most women I know, and would need to hear from all these "wives" before forming an absolute opinion...

Obama is another one that comes from a "wacko" family.....and hey, most of us probably do too in some way....but the fact that both canidates have distanced themselves from thier roots and family is worth consideration to me of both thier characters, and having any power over my family, and our World.

True enough. Personally, I don't care if Romney's Dad was a transvestite who used to think he/she was Napolean. However...I have a BIG problem when Mittens STILL has anything whatsoever to do w/ people who think that they can keep the demons away with the right kind of skivvies. The whole polygamy thing is the LEAST weird thing about Mormons.

Think about it...there are only two possible options with Romney's Mormonism. Either he is knowingly and willingly taking advantage of people's superstitions for personal and political gain...or HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES in the nonsense. Either way...I find it disturbing.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Great song....makes the point pretty powerfully....
Interesting how in all the many music styles we have in the US. there is an overwelming message for freedom and peace......lol...and as messed up as we are...we make good music here
I'm a blues and rock n'roll girl myself...with a hint of jazz.....

Obama doesn't deserve to have the Great Etta James song " At Last" attributed to him at all....he did NOT repeal the patriot Act, Amercicans can now be arrested and jailed without a lawyer, for any reason they deem, laws have been passed you can't protest on Federal land, ummm who pays for the upkeep of that land...he goes to war in Libya without Congressional suppot.....it's a "Change" all right...for the worse...and Romney would be no better....I don't know guys.....lol...we need to make the push for Gary Johnson like a "flash" firestorm" ....I know we can do it...lol... if we can get millions of hits on a kitty video, which I love them by the way, how do we do this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ahh, I haven't heard of Johnson. I really should take out more time to get to know Americans politicians - I currently focus on "Think tankers".

Any idea what election is in on Monday? If any at all? That's all the news I caught from sky on my lunch break

Early voting in Texas begins next Monday...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I don't think Obama is corrupt. The GOP has been on a smear campaign the second he was elected.

You can write in your nomination, which is why you can vote for someone other then Romney or Obama.

In fact, I think Mickey Mouse and Darth Vader get a couple thousand votes each year.Some guy has been running for like 40 years and gets like 5k, lol.

I am writing in Corey Booker, he is the mayor of Newark, NJ, and is just a super nice guy. He ran into a burning house to save somebody and shovels people's driveways when it snows.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
BTW, I try to pay attention to what goes on in other countries too. The only news outlets that don't do domestic coverage is BBC, which only few people have access, and NPR.

I love NPR for tha reason, they will cover worldwide in the mornings.

But trying to understand another country's government is not easy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join