It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most bizzare martial arts move you've ever seen....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I don't get it. The chop to the neck, while very effective, leaves you gagging and choking, not stunned. A hard blow could easily crush the windpipe, killing a person. But the victim's response was not that of a person hit in the throat.

this is entirely inaccurate...I worked for the Colorado Department of Corrections and one of the defense tools they teach you in PPCT class is a bladed strike to the jugular which disturbs the blood flow to the brain enough to knock someone out much more efficiently than closed fist to head.

Ive seen it done and I've had it done to me and I know that a bladed strike to the side of the neck that hits the jugular will make you go night night...

The first two strikes of the OP's "move" if anything are merely a distraction to keep the target from flexing muscles in the neck and reducing the effectiveness of the jugular strike...the one that knocked the guy out is probably the bladed hand strike to the neck that really doesn't take much effort at all...and it will make you go night night...

all the BS at the end about him possibly dying is sensationalism and crap...the guy would of been fine and came back to just as anyone who has been knocked out or passed out due to temporary lack of blood to the brain.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I am totally believing that the dude with the epic beer gut is some sort of ninja master....

It's a shame people even give him the time of day.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My only comeback is that at 6:30, he hit him harder than it looks like. Still bizarre though. why would he not choke and gag instead of fall uncouncious? very odd.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
watch the video i posted earlier it explains that it is a move that tricks the body into lowering blood pressure hence fainting ..its not strictly a knock out blow as not much strength is needed to do this but it is effective and very dangerous if done with a lot of strength .

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by ldyserenity
It is real and I can vouch for that.

I stand by the videos I posted where Tom has been exposed as fake... it's not real.. at least not in the case of the ops video or the man behind the move.. Tom is absolutely a fraud..

You don't understand, he is not using chi, he is using several, at once...

CHEESE!

edit on 18/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I dont chop on folk necks, but here is the marine neck chop that was mentioned earlier. Its called a brachial stun.. so they say on one of these.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I dont chop on folk necks, but here is the marine neck chop that was mentioned earlier. Its called a brachial stun.. so they say on one of these.

yes this is what I was referring to and it works...and it works very very well...so well you would have to be an idiot to actually try and closed fist punch someone in the face instead of simply b**** slapping their jugular...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

hmmmm okay ya I guess that would explain it ha ha. It did seem a little out there. Who knows.

So is this legit?

this looks like a real death touch....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I studied jui-Jitsu for quite a few years , there was a world Kobudo seminar and competition in our city that our Dojo attended . An 8th Dan Sensei was demonstrating techniques and randomly picked me out of the group ( I was one of the bigger guys ) .He was explaining pressure points and vital areas while standing beside me , all of a sudden he delivered a chop to the side of my neck and I dropped like a sack of potatoes !! It was like an electric shock and I lost all control but I was conscious !! So I can tell you from experience some martial arts moves do work !!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Essentially cutting of the blood and oxygen for a second. A strike to the neck can disable or kill someone, so don't do it unless your life is threatened.

Incidentally, did you know? In boxing, there are two reasons for a knock out punch. The first reason someone gets KO'd is because the brain is jolted against the skull with a very powerful punch, but more interestingly the biggest (I believe) reason for KO's is because the punch knocks the victims head in such a way that the jaw twists the neck and cuts off the blood supply for a moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The guy in the video is a known fraud. Go to any martial arts forum site and you'll see a thread or two debunking him.

As for the death touch or Dim Mak. Its real. But doesn't look like any of the stuff in that video.

If the guy used a little bit of force while doing the chop to the neck he could have easily knocked the guy out. It targets the vagus nerve, and the arteries going to the brain. Even a tap there is stunning. go ahead. tap your self with the edge of your hand right below the ear where the jaw meets. It's one of the most effective moves you can do. It requires no training, uses little force, and plain works on just about anybody.

The technique works sorta like a stun gun because it overloads the nerves with a signal causing the body to collapse. It works better than a stun gun because it actually knocks the person unconscious not just blast them off their feet.

Most hard core martial arts will use it and a lot too. It works much better than just about an fist strike other than a hammer fist. It's extremely ergonomic to use in a fight and requires no thought and can be executed on instinct alone.

As for the first two strikes. THe one to the shin is a stop hit to the leg to prevent them from coming closer. It also targets the tibial nerve. Which will send explosions of agony through a person as any one who's played soccer can attest to. THe second strike was a classic kung fun move. It's aimed at the radial nerve on the top of the forearm. A light hit there can make the entire arm go numb and it too sends shock waves of pain up the arm. The theory is overload the nerves by striking these points in succession and the guy will drop.

Personally I've found that you only need one nerve strike to soften the guy up as long as it's instantly followed by a strike to the neck or head. Preferably with a soft striking object like an open hand which transfers force hydrostatically to the internal organs much better than a punch will. Same physics behind why a slapjack will knock someone out faster than a bat.

Also, knock outs can be partially induced through quick rotation of the head. A good way to stun someone is to simply grab them by both shoulders and spin them around quickly. The spin will do half the work of the blow that will follow to complete the knock out. Knock outs are mostly caused by angular motion quick rotation of the head) Spinning the guy then clocking him anywhere on the head or neck will easily drop the guy. Also sets him up for a blood choke very nicely.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by ldyserenity
It is real and I can vouch for that.

I stand by the videos I posted where Tom has been exposed as fake... it's not real..

It is real, it is a "martial art" called bullshido

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
At 4:27 the dude breaks rocks with two fingered strikes.

Although, the most bizarre is the shaolin monks who hang rocks from their scrotum.
edit on 10/18/2012 by Metatronin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see these people in UFC matches

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimesprophet

The reason the guy is not gagging or choking is because he was not struck in the throat but on the side of the neck. The brachial plexus , a group of nerve fibers, runs in that area and is great for knocking someone out or disorienting them.

A good way to do the "brachial stun" is to perform a straight jab and angle it so that your forearm strikes the side of the neck. The forearm is a larger area and is going to provide more coverage than just a "karate chop" ensuring you greater success at the technique. It does not require a lot of power.

The "karate chop" technique will work but you have to be more precise and because of the bladed (smaller area) effect can cause much more damage if done properly.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My personal favourite move is Mikhail Ryabko's 'do nothing whilst my attackers somersault all over the place'. At 1:05 the formidable Master of Pies performs his signature wobble of doom.

It seems to get funnier every time I watch it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The dim mak is a very effective technique...but very hard to find someone who has been taught authentically that will pass on the information.

edit on 18-10-2012 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is the same thing you see in some of these mega churches where the guys go around waving their hands or coats and people are "touched" by the spirit of whatever, and they fall to the ground. Basically its a delusion that is brought about by many social factors, most importantly the need to fit in. Outsiders like the reporters go into the gym and the "technique" has no effect because they have no need or wish to fit in with the group of people who willingly pretend the technique is real. No different from Benny Hinn running around swatting people with his Overcoat of Holy Unconsciousness.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Huhzzzztzttttt!!!!!!!!!!.....oh nothing happened

Not so fast cowboy....exactly, @ 04:14 (ATS-time) I fel flat on my face for no reason while shopping in the mall.

But seriously....does such a technique exist? I seen the following short film with Mr Lee doing what he does best and comes closest to what is shown in the OP.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join