It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Opens Up 6-Point Lead Over Obama..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I’m seeing all these threads here about how Obama is ahead of Romney. Sorry folks, but it is the absolute opposite.

Obama is losing, and it’s time you face the facts that Romney will probably be the next POTUS. I know we will probably see the same coming out of Romney, but if I’m having to vote for the lesser evil, I will have to vote for Romney. Obama will only continue to destroy America, and if there is a possibility we might see something different from Romney, I’m going to have to take the risk. Obama has a track record as the president, Romney doesn’t.

Though presidential elections are decided in the battlegrounds, the new national numbers surely raise warning signs for the Obama team. Historical polling results show that the candidate who's up three weeks before Election Day has typically gone on to win -- though past polls were conducted of registered voters, not likely voters, which is now considered more reliable. The only candidate in modern times who came from behind three weeks before the election to win was Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Huffington Post

Washington Post

Business Insider

My bet is on Romney. People are afraid of the same old crap. And I think that's all we'll get from Obama..
edit on 18-10-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just like typical liberal media: repeat a lie long enough and hope people start to believe it.

Mitt 4 the win!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Three words:

Assault Weapons Ban

---

I'm REALLY surprised POTUS didn't avoid that during the debate knowing where and who the undecided voters were. Will that influence fade - I'm not sure it will. We've spent a decade plus ~ marveling ~ at/through "Warrior Lifestyle" and that intersects with this bizarre Zombie culture. Sounds silly but it really isn't - I know a number of women voters who were solidly Obama who said they're just not going to vote or vote Romney now. I was floored that issue was remotely close to that important but after a bit of searching out - in the undecided ranks - that's a named issue.

*shrug* -Mags

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Just like typical liberal media: repeat a lie long enough and hope people start to believe it.

Mitt 4 the win!
The one thing I’m worried about is what will happen if Obama Does lose. I’m thinking there will be a lot of riots. There are a lot of die-hard Obama folk who will not be able to handle it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

I know a number of women voters who were solidly Obama who said they're just not going to vote or vote Romney now.
I know a lot of women who have changed their minds as well. My wife voted in Obama in 08, but now, she seems to see thru all the bull-squat coming out of Obamas mouth. My wife commented yesterday…”Didn’t Obama say the exact same thing in 08”?

link   
People are tired of the same ol crap.
But that same ol crap is Romney/Bush policies.
People are smart enough to know that
jobs infrastructure and green energy initiatives were
blocked by the Tea Party

link   
I listen to Alex Jones and hear that he is for Romney the underdog even though he's the "lesser of two evils", and I hear Alex Jones isn't going to vote because "voting is rigged where he lives", such is a bad example, if I were him and I had direct knowledge that voting was rigged where I lived I would still vote for the single purpose of telling my audience of millions to vote, without your vote the evil will vote in your place ten fold.

This "lesser of two evils" thing is beyond cliche, it's flat out wrong, when there are 2 candidates in a debate, and 1 of the candidates knows the debate is rigged, and knows the moderator is in on the rigging, it is a disgrace, it is beyond deceitful, Obama should be ashamed of himself for taking part in such a charade, in the case of the debate, Romney was right, Romney was telling the truth, they both can't be right folks, Obama was caught lying over and over and over, need I repeat his lie?

www.youtube.com...

Starting at 1:26 /// Begin transcript.

ROMNEY: You said in the rose garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror, it was not a spontaneous demonstration?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

CROWLEY: It, he did in fact sir, so let me, let me, call it an act of terror.

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder Candy?

******CLAPPING FROM AUDIENCE****** (against the rules, a signal showing the room is full of Liberal Obama supporters).

CROWLEY: He did call it an act of terror.

End transcript.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ The debate was rigged, rigged from the top of Crowley's head to the bottom of Obama's feet, yet Romney held his own, if Romney is not presidential material no one is, he reminds me of the great presidents of old.

--------------

Obama's deceit is why he is slipping in the polls.
Romney's standing for the truth is why he is winning.

link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Mitt 4 the win!
The one thing I’m worried about is what will happen if Obama Does lose. I’m thinking there will be a lot of riots. There are a lot of die-hard Obama folk who will not be able to handle it.

I think you are 100% correct.

This may be just my perception, as I am a part of the Mitt group, but it seems to me that most of the rethoric floating around is that people are going to riot/protest/"freak-out" if Mitt wins the election.

I don't understand this - they were all happy when Obama was elected, and celebrated the American right to elect most popular president. Why then do they get so upset when the same system they worshiped doesn't work out for them the second time around?

The hypocracy I see in Democratic/Liberal agenda floors me at times.

I am not saying all Democrats or Liberals are this way - but a great many are (based off my perception, which I admit, is bias).

Even Candy admitted she spoke out of line at the debate.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if a Republican had been moderating, and had done the same thing to Obama. I bet there would be riots at this very moment.

Not to mention everyone clapping for Obama, and Candy.... She didn't stop it because she felt like a hero.

If that had also happened to Obama and not FOR Obama, there would be mass freak outs.
edit on 18-10-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I'm of the same mind. Just because my first choice, Ron Paul got knocked out of the race, doesn't mean the race is over.

I would have loved to have Paul fight the good fight for my Constitutional rights, and Freedoms. But it's now up to me to carry on my own fight, by not throwing my vote away, like a pouting child who didn't get what I wanted.

Romney will be getting my vote. The reason being, at least I don't worry that he will try to take away my right to vote somewhere down the line. Obama has only proven to me, that he has a very personal agenda. This great Country I was born, and live in, is not it.

Des

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All three of your sources uses the same poll. Here's another showing electoral votes.
2012 Electoral Map: Poll Version

Obama leads 217 to 191 with 130 toss up.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
All three of your sources uses the same poll. Here's another showing electoral votes.

Well...at least you still have that bit of mental security...for now....

Des

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I listen to Alex Jones and hear that he is for Romney the underdog even though he's the "lesser of two evils", and I hear Alex Jones isn't going to vote because "voting is rigged where he lives", such is a bad example, if I were him and I had direct knowledge that voting was rigged where I lived I would still vote for the single purpose of telling my audience of millions to vote, without your vote the evil will vote in your place ten fold.

This "lesser of two evils" thing is beyond cliche, it's flat out wrong, when there are 2 candidates in a debate, and 1 of the candidates knows the debate is rigged, and knows the moderator is in on the rigging, it is a disgrace, it is beyond deceitful, Obama should be ashamed of himself for taking part in such a charade, in the case of the debate, Romney was right, Romney was telling the truth, they both can't be right folks, Obama was caught lying over and over and over, need I repeat his lie?

www.youtube.com...

Starting at 1:26 /// Begin transcript.

ROMNEY: You said in the rose garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror, it was not a spontaneous demonstration?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

CROWLEY: It, he did in fact sir, so let me, let me, call it an act of terror.

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder Candy?

******CLAPPING FROM AUDIENCE****** (against the rules, a signal showing the room is full of Liberal Obama supporters).

CROWLEY: He did call it an act of terror.

End transcript.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ The debate was rigged, rigged from the top of Crowley's head to the bottom of Obama's feet, yet Romney held his own, if Romney is not presidential material no one is, he reminds me of the great presidents of old.

--------------

Obama's deceit is why he is slipping in the polls.
Romney's standing for the truth is why he is winning.

Oh stop whining the debate was rigged. Romney wasn't up on his facts and his failure in the debates showed it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm of the same mind. Just because my first choice, Ron Paul got knocked out of the race, doesn't mean the race is over.

I would have loved to have Paul fight the good fight for my Constitutional rights, and Freedoms. But it's now up to me to carry on my own fight, by not throwing my vote away, like a pouting child who didn't get what I wanted.

Romney will be getting my vote. The reason being, at least I don't worry that he will try to take away my right to vote somewhere down the line. Obama has only proven to me, that he has a very personal agenda. This great Country I was born, and live in, is not it.

Des

Dream on the GOP is actively trying suppress voters rights wherever they can. Like in Ohio where they tried to take away people ability to vote early.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Romney may be leading in national polls, but Obama still leads in the Electoral College, which is really all that matters.

The national polls will sway some states which have laws that their Electoral College must vote the same way as the majority vote nationally, but even with a 7% margin of error allowance in polling, Obama still has a pretty comfortable lead in the EC count.

Personally, with Romney being unable to tell anyone of his plans until after he's elected, I can't believe that Americans would buy anything from anyone before they've had a chance to look at what it does.
edit on 18-10-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And if you do not over sample Democrats, the lead is surely double digits.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Romney has also taken the electoral college lead

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama is in trouble with a capital R.

but it aint over til election day Romney still has the momentum, and it is his to lose now.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'd be careful about posting poll results that show Obama losing.

He might look you up, at least have the IRS audit you.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

But that's one of the many that shows Obama winning so that's obviously no good.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Basically this is going to energize the voters who these polls keep excluding and cause a rally, I really doubt these numbers are even anywhere close.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How about those Tigers anyway Kicking the yankees butt who cares about the election

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join