One Step Closer to a Brain

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted or not but I am optimistic that Google with its immense computing power and financial backing can really pull this one off or actually make a progress. Within the next few years, the possibilities are endless with visual and voice recognition without captions/comments.

For 10 days, non-stop, 1,000 computers–using those 16,000 processors–examined random thumbnail images taken from 10 million different YouTube videos. And because the neural network was so big–it had more than a billion connections–it was able to learn to identify features on its own, without any real human guidance. Through the massive amount of information it absorbed, the network, by recognizing the relationships between data, basically taught itself the concept of a cat.....But now a slice of perspective. For all its progress, Google still has a long way to go to measure up to the real thing. Its massive neural network, the one with a billion connections, is, in terms of neurons and synapses, still a million times smaller than the human brain’s visual cortex.

LINK

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maybe they can use that brain to fill the heads of humans so we can see the mess we are creating in this world.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Its massive neural network, the one with a billion connections, is, in terms of neurons and synapses, still a million times smaller than the human brain’s visual cortex.

That is amazing. They can't create a human brain....yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Maybe they can use that brain to fill the heads of humans so we can see the mess we are creating in this world.
that would be nice but I think as is we're so much influenced by the mediums, that it just might do that...educate us from their perspective.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Its massive neural network, the one with a billion connections, is, in terms of neurons and synapses, still a million times smaller than the human brain’s visual cortex.

That is amazing. They can't create a human brain....yet.
I'm optimistic that with time and nano computing, it just might be possible

join