It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DD Prepping and 21-Dec-12: Just another run of the mill day or how will yours be different? Whats yo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Recently I have been watching a number of doomsday prepper programmes, the extent of prepper plans and DD prepping in general. Some folks are actually already living and prepping inside old missile silos etc. Amazing the lengths that some folk have gone to try to survive any eventualites!

What will you do on or around this date? What are your plans? Where will you be? Where will you go? How will you get there? And why?
or
Will you do nothing? And why?

I'm a sceptic so not sure what I will do, if anything!

Be interesting to guage what the split is between those that will do something and those that wont!

Wise cracks and jokes permitted!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sell all my bud and move north. Investing in Hydrogen fuel cells lol.

Hope that New England does not go under with the polar shift.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, I surely know around my parts, things are going to get out of hand (Partying most likely). And myself, maybe I'll join in on an orgy or something, drink quite a bit, but I'll make sure I have bacon, eggs, and pancake mix for the morning. Awesome hangover food!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

since i'm a volunteer for a disaster response team, many people have asked me that question in the last few years.

the area i live in has an excellent civil defense and is well prepared for most anything, and we are at the head waters of a few rivers.

so since the community is as ready as we are going to be, my advise is the day before buy a lot of chinese food and have a party, if the world is still here the next day, you will have great leftovers.

my fellow volunteers agree that this is as realistic as anything else.

in disaster preparedness, you never know who will be hit by what and who will need help.

if a nuclear disaster stikes your area, no one is safe.

a family enjoying a chinese food feast the day before has as much chance to survive as someone hiding in their basement, so if it's the end enjoy what good times you have left.IMO

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In those shows the people always seem to already be living the fantasy of dooms day, I'm just going to enjoy my life whatever comes. I'll have more fun in a month than those obsessed preppers will probably have in a lifetime! Nothing against people who prep, but the ones who are totally obsessive need to get out and live their lives. This whole 2012 thing is so insane I can't believe it's gained so much momentum and so many people are convinced by it. I find it truly bizarre!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Many people, lacking perspective and good sense, are expecting some big occurrence on Dec 21, 2012. It is an important date but starts a long process that is a major milestone for the planet. That is the date that Earth becomes a Level 1 civilization. About 15% of humans have the consciousness development to participate; the rest will end up reincarnating on some primitive planet, requiring population. As you may have heard, Earth frequency is increasing and attracting higher frequency beings. The rest of us will not be coming back here, when we die because Earth will not accept us; it's a very natural thing and the round pegs will go where the round holes are. Our new Earth will have two levels of consciousness, unlike the five levels currently found here. Five levels makes harmonious existence virtually impossible. Yes, there will be three waves of worldwide disasters between now and 2016 and that will kill 90-95% of humans, either directly or within six months of the disaster, due to injury, starvation or illness. The date of Dec 21 is also the beginning of open contact with a variety of aliens but we will only see various humanoids to begin with, to minimize trauma. They will interact and help us get on the right track. TPTB will also be finished and these unsavory creatures will also end up on primitive planets; learning lessens in humility, they have forgotten. Aliens have taken steps to keep about 5% of humans alive during the disasters, to serve as breeding stock for the new Level 1. Higher consciousness beings can be born to lower consciousness beings and when the parents die, they won't return to Earth. So, it will take about 100 years until all of the lower consciousness beings have died on Earth and the planet is fully Level 1. Since we are moving out of the Iron Age into the Golden Age, we can expect many wonderful surprises here on planet Earth. Universe always rewards courage and favors greater complexity. All is well and always will be. We have good reason to be at peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My prepping involves being prepared for events that have higher than average probability of happening. We are ready for a power outage or multiple outages that can happen for up to a month straight. We are prepared to heat and cook and grow food. We are prepared to secure wild game to eat. I keep some emergency repair materials around the house to fix windows and the roof in the event of storm damage. I am not prepared for an earthquake here yet, that is something my wife and I need to address, stuff is on shelves all over the place, pictures are hung on flimsy wires and tacks. An earthquake would be a major mess for us.

I'm prepared for Dec. 21st, We have a 24 pack of Labatts Blue.
We also have a bottle of Brandy for making hot toddys. December 21st is just another day on my calander, but it is an awakening to many other disasters that are in the making. I am getting prepared to survive a failing economy and reduced morality in the community, not getting prepared to die.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

I am open to these concepts and ideas, but how do you say it like it's absolute fact? And why can we reincarnate if we are in that 15%? What about all the other creatures on this planet who lack that conciousness? Will they too all vanish never to return? think some of these concepts may have some truth in them, but to take everything we hear to do with them as total fact imo is unwise. I don't believe any one person has every piece of the puzzle and the date I believe is insignificant as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I will be up in Ludlowe Vermont for the Halidays.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 10/10/2011 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Did you accidently delete your comments?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by rollsthepaul

I am open to these concepts and ideas, but how do you say it like it's absolute fact? And why can we reincarnate if we are in that 15%? What about all the other creatures on this planet who lack that conciousness? Will they too all vanish never to return? think some of these concepts may have some truth in them, but to take everything we hear to do with them as total fact imo is unwise. I don't believe any one person has every piece of the puzzle and the date I believe is insignificant as well.

imo,most animal species are in many ways more evolved than many humans i've seen during my life.

chipmunks are more social than most humans, when you observe their behavior in a neighborhood.
they get along better with each other and teach and take care of their young better than many humans.

a beaver family is admirable in it's social stucture, and easyly outdoes many human communities i've seen in my opinion.

juvenile ducks will risk their lives to protect their parent's young.

many animal species are vegetarians, non war mongering and do not sufer from the vices and moral shortcomings so prevalent amongst humans.

imo, while many humans are very spiritualy evolved, others fall far behind the average dog.

so, imo, many animal species would fit well in a spiritually advanced world.

top topics

join