Issa threatens subpoena this week over ObamaCare documents

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Issa threatens subpoena this week over ObamaCare documents

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa has threatened to subpoena the Department of Health and Human Services if it does not turn over documents by Thursday on a program he claims is being used to "buy" the election by hiding the effects of ObamaCare.

Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made his demands in a letter late Wednesday to Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. His office effectively is accusing the department of stringing them along in their months-old request for documents about an $8 billion program that pays bonuses to Medicare Advantage plans.

"Your staff has run out of excuses and the long delay in providing these documents is inexcusable," Issa wrote, in the letter obtained by FoxNews.com.

Issa claims the bonus program is being used to mask the first round of Medicare Advantage cuts in connection with the health care overhaul -- in order to win favor with seniors. He said in a recent letter that "the only plausible explanation" for the program is that it's being used as a "temporary bandage" to cover up cuts, "realizing the political danger" of those cuts in an election year.

The program in question is called a "demonstration" project. But Issa's office complains the project is far more sweeping than a run-of-the-mill test program, and conveniently lasts until 2014.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Click link for remainder of article...

edit on 18-10-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I could have sworn this was posted earlier but for some reason dissappeared.

Needless to say I am not surprised at all by this.. If we remeber they also bought votes by making promises to certain states. Sebelius recently got away with violating federal law by campaigning at an offical government function, and again the DOJ refused to prosecute.

How long are we going to tolerate this type of behavior from our elected officals? If I lie in my profession im done as I would have no more credability with the courts. Why should this be different for our elected officals?

Once again we have an executive agency refusing to cooperate with a congressional committee exercising oversight. Frankly I would prefer to see Congress start impechment proceedings against these agency heads for failing to do their jobs lawfully and in an open matter.

Regardless of position, get out and vote people.

new topics

join