It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why couldn't different types of love exist in heaven/after life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So if there is a heaven, I suspect it to be a very loving place where you remember everything still. Most people say in heaven the love is like brother and sister and that's it. But why do they think that? On earth, we are able to love differently but equally. I can love my mom very much and I also can love my boyfriend very much but it's just differently. It's still pure love. Just like having 3 different children...you'd do anything for all of them.

I suppose in heaven there wouldn't exactly be "relationships" and we could care less about them but I feel like the "feeling" you have towards someone will be the same from remembering but fulfilling that relationship as you did on earth wouldn't even matter.

Say if I had two husbands because one passed away (God forbid!), I would still recognize the romantic love but some how we'd still coexist in heaven in peace. Not saying sex would matter since I think it's not necessary. But if choose to reincarnate, if given choice, I wouldn't prefer my mother to be my husband in a next life.

Actually, I'm not too depressed about reincarnation as long as I can remember after returning to "heaven" and if reincarnated within the same circle of people I care about....and as long as my partner is in my next life romantically some how.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Imagine heaven in this way- constant liturgy outside the constraints of time. You get a sense of this during Divine Liturgy, as you're literally participating in celebrating the mystery of the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Love is love. The only difference is how strong it is, and how it is expressed. Might I suggest that what you're talking about is the difference between love, lust, and protectiveness.

edit on 18-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

You really should put an "in my humble opinion" on the end of that, for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

True...point taken. Love is love but it's our actions that create the relationship I guess.

But with reincarnation...if people are able to choose to reincarnate within each other, is it possible for me to not want my partner to be my father, son, mother in a next life if we agree to it? lol That part just creeps me out and I can't live this life knowing that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Love in purest form in earth is when mother sees her newborn baby. Its very overwhelming feeling of happiness and love. Same happens to some fathers too.

This is what heaven is alike .. me thinks

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
So if there is a heaven, I suspect it to be a very loving place where you remember everything still. Most people say in heaven the love is like brother and sister and that's it.

You lost me right here. Who is most people? I have never heard this before.

It sounds like to me, that you are just worried about being able to "get it on," in heaven, no?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I don't think you can CHOOSE, per se...there's certain laws in the metaphysical plane that we are unfamiliar with do to our obsession with the physical. Such a vain species we are.

But just as electricity must obey certain laws that are determined by other laws that are determined by even deeper laws, so the metaphysical plane and all energy - including the energy that composes the soul and the mind - has laws that it must also follow. There's a genius to everything, if you know where to look. But the condition of your soul and your mind will also have an effect on whether you meet again...and there's no guaranteeing you'll ever know if you do. Remember, there's a design to EVERYTHING. We just prefer to see it as we want instead of as it actually is. We're always focused on what we want, and we often mistake that for reality.

But I'm sure you already know that.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Many people who believe in reincarnation and those that believe in Christianity. I'm not worried about getting it on in heaven, wtf. I just said that sexual needs won't matter since they are for reproducing here on earth. I just feel that the feelings we have towards someone of love won't really change but increase. I know my mom as my mom and I love her, I know my boyfriend as my boyfriend and I love him, I love my sister as my sister and I love her. It's all different relationships percept what I had on earth and REMEMBERED in heaven but it doesn't matter too much, it's all about the love is what I'm hoping for. If reincarnation exists,I just don't want my partner to reincarnate to be my mother, daughter, or whatever in the next life...it's just something I am appalled by.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

She's married. Of course she's going to be concerned about physical attraction in the afterlife. She's HUMAN.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Are you Christian? If you are, then I'm afraid I may be unable to offer my two cents. There's certain sects that seem to abhor anything that isn't canon, you know...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't think you can CHOOSE, per se...there's certain laws in the metaphysical plane that we are unfamiliar with do to our obsession with the physical. Such a vain species we are.

So in your belief Karma chooses...that's the problem I have with the belief in reincarnation. I feel like it's wrong if I'm living a terrible life now and paying for it for the last life even though I don't remember any of it. Many beliefs say you tend to reincarnate higher and higher/better...but who's to say humans are higher than say a dolphin?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Sissel

She's married. Of course she's going to be concerned about physical attraction in the afterlife. She's HUMAN.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying and no I'm not Christian I'm agnostic. I'm just saying why can't what we remember carry on into heaven of those relationships.

So basically we're all brother and sister like loves in heaven?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Considering lust is a sin, I would suppose so. That's why I don't really adhere to the pseudo-traditional idea of heaven. And I do get your point here, but the other person didn't, so I pointed out the flaw in their question. The flaw was unrelated to my direct response to your OP. Understand now?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don´t think there will be physical attraction based love.

The main questions we should first ask is, what is definition of love ? What we think love is scientist have other approach. So love and desire actually tickles different parts of our brains.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Who says romantic love is sin? How is it sin? So the love I have for my bf now is bad..I see. I don't see it as sinful?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The reason why I ask is because some that believe in reincarnation say that we won't care what relationship we have with eachother so the partner can reincarnate into your mother in a next life... that part freaks me out.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

But with reincarnation...if people are able to choose to reincarnate within each other, is it possible for me to not want my partner to be my father, son, mother in a next life if we agree to it? lol That part just creeps me out and I can't live this life knowing that.

I think you may be distorting someone else's interpretation of reincarnation.
If it doesn't equal up in your view, you don't have to "take on" that perspective.
I've read differing views on the "agreements" made to return. I don't agree with them.
I can understand reincarnation as a means for our souls to learn lessons and evolve.
I can even agree with the idea that people are in soul "groups" and soulmate or twin flame relationships.
From some of my experiences this is the only explanation that comes close to what I experienced.
But I don't think we have much say over the dynamics.
I have read about the possible father/brother/uncle weird family scenarios and I don't agree with them.

The part you wrote about love and heaven. IMO I think you'd be more moved by God's love. That's why you are there and nothing else compares to it.

Most Christian's don't believe in reincarnation.
I argue this with my husband because he insists we do not reincarnate.
The we go on and on and I read passages about John the Baptist being Elijah...... we still can't agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Many people who believe in reincarnation and those that believe in Christianity. I'm not worried about getting it on in heaven, wtf. I just said that sexual needs won't matter since they are for reproducing here on earth.

Well, I don't agree with that, or our "parts," would shrivel up and fall off after child bearing years. God gave you a body to enjoy pleasure through.

I just feel that the feelings we have towards someone of love won't really change but increase. I know my mom as my mom and I love her, I know my boyfriend as my boyfriend and I love him, I love my sister as my sister and I love her. It's all different relationships percept what I had on earth and REMEMBERED in heaven but it doesn't matter too much, it's all about the love is what I'm hoping for. If reincarnation exists,I just don't want my partner to reincarnate to be my mother, daughter, or whatever in the next life...it's just something I am appalled by.

If you love them, what's the difference? Love is Love. I believe a person should be in love with somebody before having sex with them, but it doesn't mean you should have sex with everyone you love.

Suppose in your next life, your boyfriend is your girlfriend, and you're a guy? LOL, would you still be appalled?
edit on 18-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The reason why I ask is because some that believe in reincarnation say that we won't care what relationship we have with eachother so the partner can reincarnate into your mother in a next life... that part freaks me out.

If this reassures you at all I came up with this my own explanation.
It wouldn't be your mother.

We all have frequencies, people within a certain group are attracted by the frequencies. The big part is the masculine/feminine energy. You are paired by the balance of energy. It creates a full yin/yang effect.
That is why you might feel recognition or a strong pull towards certain people.

I personally do not think this energy can be produced with anything other than male/female energy.
The synergy created connects you to God.

Again this is just my take on it. If I go too far into it I break T&C.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join