It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS! created my username and joined! Now for a question??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello all ATS members

My name is Gareth and im from the UK. I just wanted to introduce myself and join the community. For a long time now I have been following this site and I feel like there is so much more out there that we truely understand.

Now for my question.....

My daughter and I were at the local shopping centre (Tesco's), as my wife and I were packing away the items, a strange lady in her late 40's early 50's approached my daughter and I. The lady looked from an asian origin (maybe hindu or sikh) and said she wanted to give my daughter a present. She pulled out a red piece of satin/fabric handkerchief with gold lacing around the outside (it also had gold spot embroidary). The lady then said this was for her and wished her a merry early christmas, I was slightly shocked as its not every day a lady walks up and give you an item of clothing. I could tell it was hand made and without label....

Now my question is this...... Is there any symbolism in this or am I looking to deeply into it??

Thanks Guys, I await eagerly for your responses.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, I'm not sure, but the colour red is associated with xmas, and good luck in the East

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gpit6903

Welcome to ATS..Maybe the Lady gift giver, saw in your Daughter, her own child in some way. I don't know. Without a pic of the handkerchief and any symbolism on it, my guess ends here.

Look forward to meeting you in the forums....enjoy your new addiction....

Des

edit on 18-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I just found out that in religion to be touched or given a handkerchief you are being cured, healed, freed from demons, given a ticket to paradise or to be a special anointing. Not that I'm religious but that doesnt sound such a bad thing then does it

Researched a bit further and it seems its a "womans 'lap scarf' made from cotton/silk and laced in various colours to be given as gifts for many reasons, whether christmas, birthdays, weddings. To cover a ladys knees whilst she kneels in prayer"

Would explain why the lady also said to her merry christmas before she left!!!

I will try and post a link - as for appearences both my daughter and I are celtic in appearence (just imagine disney's Brave *merida* and thats my daughter but alot younger shes only 4)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gpit6903

Oh man, early X-Mas gift can only mean one thing....the world will end on Winter Solstice 2012!

Another crazy in the world.

Btw, welcome to ATS

edit on 18-10-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpit6903
given a ticket to paradise

You still alive?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is contaminated with a deadly bio agent................

Just kidding.....that was morbid........sorry......it was the first weird thing that popped in my head!!!

Welcome aboard

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Haha, thats exactly the first thing that went through my mind, maybe asbestos dust or anthrax!! but alas no white powder only the scent of some really cheap perfume lol

however, we have left it in the car tonight just incase it drags through some unwanted spirits, I already have enough going on with the previous tenant who died in my house.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am not trying to derail your topic or anything but your story reminded me of something that happend to me yesterday.

I was in a taco shop having cold beers with a friend and there was a 8-9 year old boy pushing the coin release over and over and checking the coin drops over and over looking for quarters. I went up to the counter and got 4 quarters for a dollar then went over to the kid and put them in his hand some he could play. I did not excpect anything in return but to my surprise this child did not even say THANK YOU for the money that a stranger just gave him so he could play pacman. Some parents just need to be slapped...

I don't think the lady meant anything of the gift except to be generous and share something with her that probably made herself.
edit on 18-10-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My instinct tells me not to be afraid of it. If the lady was a mystic of some sort, she may have sensed that your daughter was followed or harrassed by some spirit or something and she could have given it to her for protection. I would tie it around a bedpost in her room or let her do whatever she wants with it. If a young child is experiencing an encounter with unfriendly beings, they might be afraid to tell their parents, who will often insist that its nonsense. Or maybe she just thought it was a bad dream so she didn't tell you.

Or it could be much simpler like another poster said, and she was reminded of her own daughter who may or may not have passed away, or maybe she just likes to be kind toward children. It used to be a common thing but now everyone is deathly afraid when any stranger interacts with their children, because we all know that creeps, killers, and pedophiles like to be close to children... But then again, most people enjoy the company of children, the sound of their laughter, and the wonderment of their minds and their imaginations.

Not to sway off topic too far, but I think that is one way the elites have broken down and torn apart our society... By putting the fear of the boogy man getting their children at the forefront of every parent's mind. When you don't want your children to interact with the neighbors, or people at the grocery store, etc... YOU don't interact with them. This actually puts your family in MORE danger, because by not interacting and communicating with your neighbors, you don't know anything about them. You don't know which ones are dangerous or which ones you can go to in a time of need, which one has medical experience, or experience in any number of fields that could save your life one day or save your home, or save your spouse from going to jail, all because you didn't know which door to knock on. People just stick to themselves now. They think they don't need anyone. They can make it through life on their own just fine with their small circle of people they trust, that is, just as long as they have access to a continuous supply of money, they can buy their way out of every problem. Communities used to all know each other. Imagine how much money you could save alone just if everyone on your block prepared meals together...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Welcome gpit6903

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you. So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join