It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welfare spending jumps 32% in four years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To put it in perspective, our welfare spending is equal to our annual national debt

Welfare Annual Debt

So, we are borrowing 1 trillion dollars per year to give to people. Our grandchildren will have to repay this debt.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Question: Do you know how to starve a welfare recipient to death?
Answer: Hide their welfare check under their work boots.

I can make jokes like these because I have known of many people that took welfare checks while buying dope, alcohol and video games. My parents were on welfare, my step dad thought it was OK to take it because, and I quote" No one is willing to pay me what I am worth so why work".

How many people go on unemployment and try damn hard to run it out to it's max and treat it as a paid vacation? MOST!

Sad to say, but we be a lazy people.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
To put it in perspective, our welfare spending is equal to our annual national debt

Welfare Annual Debt

So, we are borrowing 1 trillion dollars per year to give to people. Our grandchildren will have to repay this debt.
You're ''borrowing'' more than that for foreign aid to Pakistan, Israel, and countless other countries. And whoever said welfare spending is equal to the annual national debt is either ''special'', or severely misinformed. Your grandchildren will be paying for bailing out rich coporations.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

No worries. I am as against Corporate Welfare as I am Personal Welfare. Earn your keep or stop breathing my air.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Question: Do you know how to starve a welfare recipient to death?
Answer: Hide their welfare check under their work boots.

I can make jokes like these because I have known of many people that took welfare checks while buying dope, alcohol and video games. My parents were on welfare, my step dad thought it was OK to take it because, and I quote" No one is willing to pay me what I am worth so why work".

How many people go on unemployment and try damn hard to run it out to it's max and treat it as a paid vacation? MOST!

Sad to say, but we be a lazy people.
If someone worked to EARN unemployment, they DESERVE it. Why are you people not pissed off at the ones that are truly screwing you ROYALLY? Like I said, MOST people need assistance, and are not endowed with your supreme intellect. And Most people seeking assistance are NOT your stepdad.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No worries. I am as against Corporate Welfare as I am Personal Welfare. Earn your keep or stop breathing my air.
You don't own any air. Damn, your arrogance is stifling. Just who do you think you are?? And if you're referring to me, I earn my keep and then some.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sounds like antcient Rome, they got bread n circus, while the armies were off occupying other nations.

edit on 18-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Was not referring to you. Although unemployment insurance was not designed to provide a free vacation. To those that use it as such I have total disdain.

And yes, I freaking hate freeloaders. Be they corporate or private. If someone is not smart enough to find a way to feed themselves without a lifetime of welfare? My only wish is that they starve to death before they breed and bring even more stupid worthless eaters into this world.

Call me cruel but unless someone is "special needs" they sure as hell don't deserve anything they don't earn. Charity should come from communities and churches, not taxes.

I for one am sick to death of watching my Country run into the ground by corporate greed and useless citizens. I had two choices; stay here and get pissed off and bled dry by them or move. I choose move. Working on moving my entire business to Costa Rica as I type.

I tired of swimming up this hill a while ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ahh Coata Rica nice cheap place to retire to kinda in my plans in a couple of years. Was at Home Depot a little while ago watched the repo guy grab a Escalade and hit the road in less than a minute the response of the woman was priceless as she screamed they were stealing her car when told they called the police she said "won't do no good they got it back now"

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Oh not the Escalade! Not the very thing she spent way to much money on in the first place. Unless you can pay cash for an Escalade you can't afford it.

lol with a ton of cash in the bank I finally bought a used BMW, paid cash though......

And yes Costa Rica is going to rock. My business will do over 2,000 a day down there all with zero income tax for eight years and half for the next four. Gotta love free trade zones. I have a fairly unique tourism gig that Costa Rica wants though so that helps.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Mamatus because: added stufff.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Was not referring to you. Although unemployment insurance was not designed to provide a free vacation. To those that use it as such I have total disdain.

And yes, I freaking hate freeloaders. Be they corporate or private. If someone is not smart enough to find a way to feed themselves without a lifetime of welfare? My only wish is that they starve to death before they breed and bring even more stupid worthless eaters into this world.

Call me cruel but unless someone is "special needs" they sure as hell don't deserve anything they don't earn. Charity should come from communities and churches, not taxes.

I for one am sick to death of watching my Country run into the ground by corporate greed and useless citizens. I had two choices; stay here and get pissed off and bled dry by them or move. I choose move. Working on moving my entire business to Costa Rica as I type.

Wishing people starve to death, because of a minute amount of your worthless paper may be used to help a child, someone elderly, or mentally challenged? I don't know you personally, but you're a cold, callous person. I don't see how a person of your demeanor and character has a business, because I just don't see you interacting with customers without coming off as terribly pompous. I really hope there's a such thing as Karma. You deserve it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Unemployment is something that your ex-employer pays out not the government and yes it is something you earn after working at a company long enough. Good luck in Costa Rica, wish I could move out of this country.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Always the fault of welfare recipients isn't it. I'm sick of hearing it.

How much of the tax revenues go to pay rich politicians' fat paypackets? Over-inflated pay which none of them neither need nor earn?

What happened to the politicians who did the job because they cared about their country and it's citizens, and wanted to make things better and fair for all? People who would do their best for their country and would be honoured to do it?

Instead we have rich fat rabble, who are only in the job to get richer and fatter, robbing thousands each from taxpayers in fraudulent expenses claims, tax dodges and god knows what else - and they have the gall to blame poor people for needing help with basics?

If we didn't have corrupt politicians there would be no problem with funding the welfare budget, there would be plenty to go around without their sticky fat fingers filling their own pockets and those of their friends, with blood sweat and tears taxpayer money.

I propose that all politicians who don't deliver on their promises to make things better, or just generally do a bad job, that they don't get paid. Why should they get super-inflated pay for screwing the country and it's citizen's over?

Get rid of corrupt politicians and the revenue coffers will be spilling over.
edit on 18-10-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i'm no apologist for Øbama, but it was not his lack of policies that swelled the 'welfare rolls'...

lay all the blame and collapse at the feet of the Banker class, the financial system that suddenly decided that a credit expansion economy model was no longer a system they wanted...

the banker elites wanted a bigger slice of the wealth... instead of divving up new wealth with the masses

they used unlimited and unregulated derivitives to play havoc with the economy & money supply... creating massive bundles of wealth transfer to themselves, the brokerages, the TBTF banks & financial houses... & damn the public on main street

as soon as the Flip this House pradigm blossomed, the greedy elite bankers said ...well we cant have millions of innovaters using homes as ATMs, we used to have the masses corraled in their IRAs dominated by Mutual Funds that we controlled and were the only official 'Custodians' for (think FEES here with No effort)...

~how dare the masses get rich at our expense~ , with independent IRAs or private cash Money accounts~
we will chop them off at the knees, the elites said to themselves...and the Federal Reserve joined in with the TBTF banker elites

i read the $1.3 Trillion Welfare expense on another site :

The government spent approximately $1.03 trillion on 83 means-tested federal welfare programs in fiscal year 2011 alone — a price tag that makes welfare that year the government’s largest expenditure, according to new data released by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee.

The total sum taxpayers spent on federal welfare programs was derived from a new Congressional Research Service (CRS) report on federal welfare spending — which topped out at $745.84 billion for fiscal year 2011 —

Read more: dailycaller.com...

but, you need to understand that the rug was pulled out from under the unsuspecting, working population, and some bare bones govt safety nets were in place...but not enough
more have been expanded or new programs devised because of the scope of the bankers actions to destroy the wealth production engineered by the working class peoples... the depth & severity of the economic engine collapse extending into the 5-6-7-8th years still will require more welfare and programs....

but you know that workers actually do pay for their own unemployment insurance, in a round-about way... see the corps. when hiring you figure that cost into the factors of hiring you--- thus the lower wage to compensate for the corporate expense of funding unemployment insurance --- Oh. you knew that already huh

theres a lot of taxes we paid as employed workers that offset the 4% who were chronically unemployable... but after the banker caused "constant-credit-expansion" collapse... the equilibrium of the system went KaPoohy !

thank your financial wizards at wall=street for the new-societal-order that is trying to become a sustainable system with 12-15% actual unemployment as the 'new normal'

edit on 18-10-2012 by St Udio because: typo's... burp

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You don't read so good do ya? I clearly said unless they have "special needs". Not mentally or physically capable of working, then you get help. Otherwise? You bet freeloads can starve to death as for all I care.

Call me callous but there are no free rides for the mentally and physically capable. Even if all you can do is lick a stamp you get a job with that Government check.

My charitable donations last year exceeded 20k. All went to children's charities. So as you can clearly see you don't know #, nor do you read so well IMO.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Mamatus because: comma and a t

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

True story .. $16. Im guessing cause im white .. a male .. and a dad. I work a hard job .. and im underpaid.

But to sum this up .. your voting Obama right.. cause you know Romney is evil rich guy huh. I only say this .. cause as of late.. all i hear is this..

" I don't support either canidate.. but # Romney." - manufactured hate brought to you by Obama and the cast and crew of the MSM/DNC

Ignorance in denial

True Ignorance in denial. You are right. Your ignorance of the real issues are astonding. Why would you have to apply for food stamps if you are already working? Because politicians/corporations don't give a damn about you. This has nothing to do with Obama. It started with the dismantling of unions and the people in the country who supported the unions are evil scare. It's from lobbyist fighting to keep labor groups out of the political picture. As a manager my corporation demand that we monitor for any signs of union activity. So working 40 hours a week one can barely afford one a decent place and eat at the same time. I have no doubt you work very hard. Most of us do. But when your wages can't pay for the basic neccessities know who to blame.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You don't read so good do ya? I clearly said unless they have "special needs". Not mentally or physically capable of working, then you get help. Otherwise? You bet freeloads can starve to death as for all I care.

Call me callous but there are no free rides for the mentally and physically capable. Even if all you can do is lick a stamp you get a job with that Government check.

My charitable donations last year exceeded 20k. All went to children's charities. So as you can clearly see you don't know #, nor do you read so well IMO.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Mamatus because: comma and a t
Oh, I read just fine, your majesty. So, I'm stupid, huh? On the contrary, my cold friend. I don't care what you donated, any a$$wipe with money can donate. Have you SERVED at any soup kitchens or homeless shelters? Battered women's shelters? If not, screw your token donations. You're a cold, callous, pompous, a$$ of a human being, and I use that term very loosely. I wish you and all of your ilk would get the hell on to Costa Rica. Build your business here in America, then high-tail it, ''because I don't like it here anymore!'' Crybaby. Everyone is not as fortunate as you, and you won't always be so high and mighty. That, I can assure you.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Allow me to be more clear. I could care less what a pissant like you thinks. You know nothing of my life aside of my opinion on welfare and freeloading. From that alone you make many judgments. Almost all of which are wrong. Allow me to be clear here. I could give a rats tush what you think. You have already proven yourself incapable of being logical or rational.

I am done with you or trying to hold a discussion with you. Why? When all you got is name calling and BS you got nothing.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What do you expect?

Employment to go up and entitlements to go down when theres a housing crash, people lose their homes and the country is involved in 2 wars it did't pay for?

Are you seriously suggesting that somehow Obama has changed things to make it so much easier to receive assistance?

What's your deal? Insane, naiive or just extremely right wing?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Allow me to be more clear. I could care less what a pissant like you thinks. You know nothing of my life aside of my opinion on welfare and freeloading. From that alone you make many judgments. Almost all of which are wrong. Allow me to be clear here. I could give a rats tush what you think. You have already proven yourself incapable of being logical or rational.

I am done with you or trying to hold a discussion with you. Why? When all you got is name calling and BS you got nothing.
Pissant? Me and my family have contributed more to this country than your high and mighty self ever will. WE GAVE, and sacrificed for this country, so I couldn't give a crap what you think either. Anyone familiar with my posts knows that I'm neither illogical, or irrational, and I'm cordial until I perceive jackassedness. You've proven yourself to be callous and pompous towards your fellow human being. Pissant?? Me?? Lady, gent, or whatever the hell you are, you have no idea. I'm done with you also, sunshine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join