It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise! Jobless claims return to 18-month range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just as many of us have been saying for the last few weeks, that 7.8% unemployment number is officially bogus.

www.dol.gov...

In the week ending October 13, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 388,000, an increase of 46,000 from the previous week’s revised figure of 342,000. The 4-week moving average was 365,500, an increase of 750 from the previous week’s revised average of 364,750.

The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 2.5 percent for the week ending October 6, a decrease of 0.1 percentage point from the prior week’s unrevised rate. The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemploymentduring the week ending October 6 was 3,252,000, a decrease of 29,000 from the preceding week’s revised level of 3,281,000. The 4-week moving average was 3,275,500, a decrease of 5,750 from the preceding week’s revised average of 3,281,250.

www.cnbc.com...

Weekly applications for U.S. unemployment benefits jumped 46,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 388,000, the highest in four months. The increase represents a rebound from the previous week’s sharp drop. Both swings were largely due to technical factors. …

Last week, California reported a large drop in applications, pushing down the overall figure to the lowest since February 2008. This week, it reported a significant increase as it processed applications delayed from the previous week.

A department spokesman says the seasonally adjusted numbers “are being distorted … by an issue of timing.”

So basically, nothing has changed. We're still sitting around 8.2% unemployment. I bet you the fan fare for this updates information will not be nearly as reported or commented on by this forum.

I love the CNBC headline, "Jobless claims unexpectedly rises"

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I guess all those "new hires" got laid off already

wow

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And... check this out: LINK

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
but but but..... Obammy said out economy and private sector was doing just fine, even better than before, he added 5.6 Quatrillion Jobs with all of the shovel ready greatness.

He also ended al-Quayaedah, and gave us all of these green jobs.

Hooray for Obama

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Hey, check out these Gallup numbers

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson I bet you the fan fare for this updates information will not be nearly as reported or commented on by this forum.

I love the CNBC headline, "Jobless claims unexpectedly rises"

CNBC is a govt controlled shill. of course they will try to imprint the notion that long term joblessness is temporarily rising again... now they just have to figure out how to blame it on the Romney debates

the main reason for this news not getting more coverage is that the monthly recalculations are expected, because the issued figures are just propaganda for the moment...
its when the fabricated BLS figures cannot be hidden any longer that the asministration must confess up...

the increase of foodstamp users is one indicator that the employment claims are bogus from the onset

i read that since 2002-2012 the working population grew a need for some 14 million jobs---
and since Obama took office with all his jobs programs, new hires in govt, AmeriCorps, etc
he has put 5 million people to work at least temporarily (like the 2010 census takers jobs)

that leaves his polices some 9-12 million jobs short of just the inherent population growth need for jobs.
and no polices for creating an expansion or creation of businesses on the Main Street economy.

he (Øbama) is too Trilateral Commission for me
(PS: but im still going for G Johnson, Lib.)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I guess all those "new hires" got laid off already

wow

And we can expect more "new hires" to be laid off by November 1st.

Technically, I am a "new hire". The job? Working part time, for minimum wage, at some Halloween store which will close after the "holiday".

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

All anyone has to do is check out the U3 and U6 and compare.

One is supposedly good while the other is unchanged.

I think that people are starting to get sick and tired of being lied to.

If Romney is elected though, he best have his game on. Though I think that the Dems will stall and use the same tactics that the Repubs use.

Which will result in another crappy 4 years.

Maybe Americans will wake up these next fours years, but I have a feeling that we will once again be preocuppied by another war.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Romney pretty much has promised a new war, so if he is elected you can bet your backside we will have one. Romney is surrounded by the same Neocons that Bush 2 was surrounded by. Does anyone really think these people suddenly had a change of heart?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh sure NOW the numbers are reliable. How predictable. Unemployment is --- for the umpteenth time --- a lagging economic indicator. Look at housing starts, home sales, housing prices, building permit applications, consumer spending, auto sales, the markets, etc. Thins have been steadily -- albeit slowly --- improving. And these are metrics outside the alleged manipulations of the government. I know the Romney sycophants obsessivley want to cling to the party talking points but these are independent measures. We're in a global recession. We're not insulated from its effects. If any of you really believe that Romney's '5-point plan' is really anything more than campaign schtick and he has some secret magical way of snapping 15MM jobs into creation you are sadly deluded.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Oh sure NOW the numbers are reliable. How predictable. Unemployment is --- for the umpteenth time --- a lagging economic indicator. Look at housing starts, home sales, housing prices, building permit applications, consumer spending, auto sales, the markets, etc. Thins have been steadily -- albeit slowly --- improving. And these are metrics outside the alleged manipulations of the government. I know the Romney sycophants obsessivley want to cling to the party talking points but these are independent measures. We're in a global recession. We're not insulated from its effects. If any of you really believe that Romney's '5-point plan' is really anything more than campaign schtick and he has some secret magical way of snapping 15MM jobs into creation you are sadly deluded.

What in the world are you talking about? Romney sycophants? It's you, Obama sycophants, that so desperately want to distract from this bad economy and horrible job numbers. Its got nothing to do with Romney and everything to do with Obama sycophants in the media.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by TDawgRex

Romney pretty much has promised a new war, so if he is elected you can bet your backside we will have one. Romney is surrounded by the same Neocons that Bush 2 was surrounded by. Does anyone really think these people suddenly had a change of heart?

Oh please. You Obama supporters have turned a blind eye to Gitmo, rendition, wiretaps, the Patriot Act, the NDA, more drone strikes than Bush ever did and new wars in the ME. Please don';t try to now convince us that you're concerned about what some governor MIGHT do if he is elected.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HELLO! It's still like %20 in my state!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My question is after the next debate what news piece will come out to back up Obama? First it was the unemployment #'s after the first debate. After the second debate we get a attempted bombing of the federal reserve in NYC. Seems odd the way these events have been happening. If we get some similar nonsense after the third debate we got our answer!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

KMA dude. Ron Paul in '08 and Gary Johnson 2012 for me. Not a Dem or Rep but I know BS when I smell it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Oh please. You Obama supporters have turned a blind eye to Gitmo, rendition, wiretaps, the Patriot Act, the NDA, more drone strikes than Bush ever did and new wars in the ME. Please don';t try to now convince us that you're concerned about what some governor MIGHT do if he is elected.

I'm sorry, who are the "You Obama supporters" that you are talking about? It can't be me cause I am the farthest thing from an Obama supporter on these boards.

What amuses me about people like you is how you just assume that when a person speaks out against one Candidate, that must automatically mean I am in favor of the other. Have you looked my avatar? Have you looked at my signature?

Want me to complain about Obama like I have done for the last four years to even out my statement? You listed a lot of my complaints about Obama for one exception, The Patriot Act. That is not Obama's fault. That was Bush's baby- Obama simply did with that the same as he has done with almost all of Bush's policies.... he extended and/or expanded on it. Now do you know why that is? Because there are no parties in our political process. That is a scam. A lie. Instead what we have is an ideological agenda that is being played out. It has nothing to do with "Republican" or "Democrat", it has everything to do with the have and the have nots.

So who are the haves and who are the have nots? That is actually the easy part. The "Haves" are the truly wealthy. Not the rich- the wealthy. Wealth spans generations. You can not get rid of wealth. Rich you can lose with a weekend of hard partying and a couple bad business deals. Vince Young was rich. Terrell Owens was rich. Jose Canseco, Mike Tyson, Vince Neil, Gary Busey- all were rich... now they are all broke.

Wealth is different. Wealth is people like Romney, The Rothschilds, the Hiltons, The Carnegies, The Fords. You can not get rid of true wealth even if you tried.

So dont whine to me about "you Obama supporters" when it is clear you have no idea what you are even talking about. I do not support Obama. I do not support Romney. I do not support unjustified wars or "military kinetic actions". I do not support the stripping of our civil liberties. So save your left vs right nonsense for some idiot who actually buys into that BS, cause it's not me.

Fact is, like it or not, Romney has stated his intentions clearly in relation to foreign policy. War with Iran, restarting the Cold War with Russia, intervention in Syria. Those are the facts and those are the words right out of Romney's mouth, so don't cry foul when I point it out.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Bravo MrWendal. Stars, flags and a huge cookie for you. Good to know there ARE people out there who 'get it'. Maybe one of us for every 200 of them but hey, could be worse, right?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Turn out the agency who underrepresented the jobless stats was headed by *GASP*, an Obama donor.

dailycaller.com...

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential election campaign, The Daily Caller has learned.

On Oct. 11, the federal government reported that weekly jobless claims were down significantly, suggesting a dramatic national increase in economic growth and a steep decline in layoffs. Jobless claims, according to the Labor Department, had fallen by 30,000 to 339,000, their lowest level since February 2008.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm sorry, who are the "You Obama supporters" that you are talking about? It can't be me cause I am the farthest thing from an Obama supporter on these boards.

When people lie and spin to deflect blame from Obama, I assume they're supporters. Why wouldn't I?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

When people lie and spin to deflect blame from Obama, I assume they're supporters. Why wouldn't I?

That's funny. Where in my post do I lie, spin or deflect blame from Obama?

Perhaps you should have looked at the post I was directly responding to instead of assuming you know who I am, what I stand for, or what I support.

Are you suggesting that Romney is not for war? Are you suggesting that Romney is not surrounded by the same Neocons that Bush was surrounded by? Those are the statements in my post and are easily verified and backed up. So again- where is this lie you speak of?

My views on both Obama and Romney are well documented through this site. My views on our two party system is well documented throughout this site. It is well represented in my avatar as well as the links in my signature, even the quote.

Maybe next time you will not be so quick to jump the gun eh?

edit on 19-10-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join