It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government report on secret flying saucer program made available

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting article on a recent release of a government document that includes 8 images that might interest the UFO crowd here on ATS..

www.foxnews.com

The truth isn’t out there … it’s been stored in a warehouse for 56 years.
The National Declassification Center in College Park, Md., opened one of more than 100 cardboard boxes from the Air Force recently and came across a 114-page document from 1956 sure to interest the tin-foil-hat crowd: a document describing a secret program by the Air Force to build a flying saucer.
"These records have been classified probably since their creation during the '50s," Neil Carmichael, director of the declassification review division at NDC, told Popular Mechanics, which first posted news of the complete document. "It’s like somebody went into somebody’s office, emptied out a filing cabinet, stuck it in a box, sealed it, and sent it off to the federal records center. It was deemed permanently valuable at some point in its life and that’s why we have it today."

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow.
So we have Meteors falling all over lately, What may be an increase of UFO sightings and now this?

I am a wee bit suspicious of what is really going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don`t think they have suceeded in creating such aircraft .

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It was to have conventional turbine jet engines for power, not that interesting except for the copy cat saucer shape.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is pretty cool. Thanks for posting this.

I want a flying saucer jet thing.

On another note, has anyone ever had a B-2 Stealth bomber fly over them? It's pretty creepy. If I had to imagine what a UFO flyover would be like. I think it would be similar to that.
It's just so different than anything else. Really weird.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Could have sworn this was posted a few days ago. For the life of me, I can't find it now. Trying to cross-reference to see if your sources have anything new.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Please let me know if you find it..

I can redirect..

I just wanted to make sure the members were able to see those 8 pics..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Not much of surprise. The one question is where did they get the idea or concept from? Is it truly something we came up with or is it truly engineered from the "Alien" Roswell crash of 1947? I am frighteningly starting to suspect that the US Gov't is behind most of these UFO's and only hide it because people believing in Aliens wouldn't stop their funding.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Could have sworn this was posted a few days ago. For the life of me, I can't find it now. Trying to cross-reference to see if your sources have anything new.

Ya you might be right...seems I read it either here or somewhere else but maybe not.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Am I the only one that sees this as old news?
Am I the only one that has seen all this concept art before?

Is this new, as far as the media is concerned?

Who knows if what I know is not what most people are supposed to know.
I remember when my father (my he rest in peace) worked for...a "company" and he brought me home a poster of jets (I loved military jets as a kid) and when I seen a strange looking jet called an F117A I asked him what it was. His response was "Oh sh*t, don't tell anyone about this! I will lose my job and may go to jail!" it was about 6-7 months before they revealed the F117A to the public.

So really I'm asking, is this new, as far as the media is concerned?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Its probably just my imagination but that picture reminds me of prometheus when the alien sits in the ship thing lol

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

It's very possible that these pics may have been seen before, I haven't seen them, granted I am definitely not the go to person in this field..

Just stumbled upon this article in my morning cruise through the news and thought I would share..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
From what "original model/prototype they brought this unusual, never seen, unconventional, disc-shaped flying machine?
(Irony hidden)

S&F.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think i found one of the previous threads.

ATS Flying Saucer Thread

There were multiples a week or so ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

A couple open threads on it, maybe more

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the links, please continue the discussion in the existing threads linked in the above^^ posts..

Closed.

join