It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BENGHAZI-GATE: Did Two Heroic SEALs Ruin Obama's October Surprise?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This new conspiracy theory reads like a crazy Tom Clancy novel plot.
But I have to admit that it successfully puts forward some interesting ideas to help make sense and to explain a great deal of the many confusing and contradictory aspects of Obama's behavior involving the ongoing Benghazi cover-up.

Please read and remember that this is only a theory...but, for me at least, a rather intriguing one (considering what we know about the character of this president).

It's a conspiracy theory, to be sure, but "Kozy" asserts the Benghazi attack was an "October Surprise" gone awry thanks to two SEALs who weren't even supposed to be in Benghazi.

The scenario is both simple and plausible:

• In June, Egyptian President Morsi pledged to secure the release of 'The Blind Sheikh', the extremist cleric responsible for the first World Trade Center attack.

• Eager to accommodate Morsi and strengthen the U.S. relationship with Egypt, Obama's henchmen formulate a two-step cover story. The first step is a video that no one has seen, which was released in July.

• Next, strip security from the Libyan Ambassador, despite pleas from a variety of quarters for more security, not less. In essence, remove any barriers to using the Ambassador as a hostage.

• Back-channel communications between the White House and the Imam's legal representatives confirm that a swap can be achieved with a high-level hostage exchange. The Imam's cronies are informed that Ambassador Stevens has no security in Benghazi. So the Imam can be secured through a trade after capturing Stevens who doesn't even have a single bodyguard.

• Had all gone according to plan, Stevens would be released just before the election; Obama would take credit for that and a newly strengthened relationship with Egypt and Morsi.

• But what wasn't planned: two ex-SEALs named Doherty and Woods. They only happened to be in Benghazi because they were on a separate intel mission to locate surface-to-air missiles. So the terrorists launch their attack believing that there is no security whatsoever. And they are surprised to find that two SEALs are not only fighting back, but killing them left and right. The resulting firefight transforms the terrorists' assault from a simple kidnapping into a murderous onslaught that cost all four Americans their lives. Sure, it's a crazy, right-wing conspiracy theory. But add in the following observations:

Again, take this as he conspiracy theory that it is...ENJOY.
FULL STORY:
directorblue.blogspot.com...
edit on 18-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
With all the confusion and lying generated by our highest officials, it's becoming clear that something else was cook'n in the oven.

These latest ideas are possibly more genuine than many will admit now.

I think the Obama Campaign was behind the entire mess.

Two other threads have some more good theories and tie-ins.

BHObama PERSONALLY Arranged Benghazi Trip That Resulted In Murder Of US AMB Chris Stevens and others

Benghazi Attack Was Botched Kidnapping To Trade Blind Sheik ??

We need to dig up the truth to the Libya 9-11 caper !!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I agree....
SO SICK of "9-11" but they won't stop doing crimes on 9-11!

We should get to brand all the war criminals faces with 9-11 so they have to see it every time they use the crapper

because of what THEY did to US citizens.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
reply to post by xuenchen

I agree....
SO SICK of "9-11" but they won't stop doing crimes on 9-11!

We should get to brand all the war criminals faces with 9-11 so they have to see it every time they use the crapper

because of what THEY did to US citizens.

I agree was well.

Fast and Furious repackaged for other Countries.

It is viable and completely within the realm of normal thinking for 0bama and the Govt.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Eh.. it's an absolute fiction though. Every aspect, except the fact that four americans were killed in an attack, is fabrication. No connections whatsoever. I mean it would be an interesting story, but that's all it is.

Plus, you don't seem to understand that Obama has this election in the bag and always has. He doesn't need an october surprise. He is considered to already have enough electoral votes to win the presidency, while Romney is far off. This has all been a show. Romney was never close to the presidents lead except when the president allowed him to be breifly by throwing a debate, which he did so Dems would get out and vote. Of course that was because it would be hard to sell that the president won if Dems voted in low numbers because they thought it was in the bag. So throw the debate, tighten up the race, then in the next debate win it back, then in the final debates destroy. It has to be a close race so people don't consider third parties, and still keep the illusion of choice.

I promise you, Obama is taking it, Romney likely never even considered he would be president. I am sure he is happy enough playing his part and being mega rich. It is all about keeping the people from wresting control out of the "two parties" and moving in a third party.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It would be plausible if I had heard multiple protesters/attackers were killed, but this is the first I've heard that arabs were killed, the story mentions the seals were killing them left and right, so how many dead are we talking here? Plus you have stevens, two seals, and who else? Four victims total, and you said stevens had no bodyguard? If the seals were killed why would they also kill stevens if they only wanted to kidnap him?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Perhaps that is why the Obama administration stuck with the video story for so long - because that is the story that they had already prepared.

If you perform a Google search for the "anti-Islam Video" by date during a time period between 9/20/12 and 8/1/12 there is not one single article ANYWHERE dated prior to 9/18/12.

Yet the President's own press release from 9/12/12 cryptically refers (apologizes) to the the video.

Statement by the President on the Attack in Benghazi
I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.
www.whitehouse.gov...

So here are the key questions - if we knew enough less than 24 hours after the fact to call it due to the video, then why did we not have adequate security in place? If we didn't know it was due to the video then why didn't we call it a terrorist attack?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If the 2 ex SEALs were not supposed to be there, then ALL kinds of alternate scenrios are possible. For instance, there wasnt even a raid on compound. The 'raid' was only the coverup to destroy the evidence to whatever those SEALs died to prevent or tried to prevent.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I don't think its to far fetched, as for a October surprise I think not.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why was consulate 'security' ONLY allowed to use tazers? WHO dos that...especially in Libya?...especially on the anniversary of 9/11?

The fact that two expertly trained Seals were inadvertently there with live weapons...would have definitely resulted in many casualties on the terrorist's side.

Consulate CCTV footage from the night of the Benghazi attack (we know it exists) should show this...if it is ever released...which will only happen AFTER edits...and AFTER the election.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This about why the Seals were REALLY in Benghazi.

“Glen and Tyrone had each served America as Navy SEALs for many years, before continuing their service providing security for our diplomats in Libya. They died as they lived their lives — defending their fellow Americans, and advancing the values that all of us hold dear. -President Obama (Weekly address)

Sounds good, the only problem is this statement is a total fabrication. It was worded to imply Ambassador Stevens had more security than actually existed. Yes, they were both former Navy SEAL’s, but neither Tyrone nor Glen were part of the Ambassadors official security detail.

No. The truth is: they heard the attack, they heard the gunfire, and despite the danger to themselves they rushed into the breach taking weapons from the frightened Libyan security officials to help protect the American Consulate, Ambassador Stevens and his embassy aide Sean Smith.

Both Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were under no obligation to assist, protect or defend Stevens. They could have bugged out, they didn’t….. They ran into the breach. It was, and is, an important enough distinction such that two U.S. officials quickly wanted to tell the truth. They told the Guardian:

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

My first post here - nice to meet you all!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NordicNeoShaman

Hello...and welcome to ATS.
Thanks for posting the great article. The more we know...the more this thing is looking like an Obama cover up.

Now we find out that ex-SEAL Tyrone Woods was actively 'painting' the terrorist's mortar positions EXPECTING the drone overhead to fire on the position...and Obama or Panetta ordered it NOT TO FIRE!

As a result of his heroism, Mr. Woods gave away his position and lost his life.

I have also heard reports that the two ex-SEALs managed to kill up to 60 terrorists before they died (I don't know if this is true...but considering their skill level..it wouldn't surprise me).

HERE IT IS (edit):

Two Killed Navy Seals Used Libyan Guards AK-47's To Dispatch 60 Terrorists Who Were Attacking Benghazi Consulate

A short distance from the American compound, two Americans were sleeping. They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy. They also happened to be former Navy SEALs. When they heard the noise coming from the attack on our embassy, as you would expect from highly trained warriors, they ran to the fight.

Apparently, they had no weapons, but seeing the Libyan guards dropping their guns (Note: The only guns that the Libyans would likely have had were AK-47 rifles) in their haste in fleeing the scene, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty snatched up several of these discarded weapons and prepared to defend the American compound. Not knowing exactly what was taking place, the two SEALs set up a defensive perimeter. Unfortunately Ambassador Stevens was already gravely injured, and Foreign Service officer, Sean Smith, was dead. However, due to their quick action and suppressive fire, twenty administrative personnel in the embassy were able to escape to safety.

Eventually, these two courageous men were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers brought against them, an enemy force numbering between 100 to 200 attackers which came in two waves. But the stunning part of the story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction. As it became apparent to these selfless heroes, they were definitely going to lose their lives unless some reinforcements showed up in a hurry. As we know now, that was not to be. I’m fairly certain they knew they were going to die in this gun fight, but not before they took a whole lot of bad guys with them!

Consider these tenets of the Navy SEAL Code: 1) Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate, 2) Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield, 3) Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit, 4) Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates, 5) Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation, 6) Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies, and 7) Earn your Trident every day ( www.navyseals.com...).

Thank you, Tyrone and Glen. To the very last breath, you both lived up to the SEAL Code. You served all of us well. You were courageous in the face of certain death.

And Tyrone, even though you never got to hold your newborn son, he will grow up knowing the character and quality of his father, a man among men who sacrificed himself defending others. God bless America !
Dr. Charles R. Roots Senior Pastor Former Staff Sergeant, USMC Captain, U. S. Navy Chaplain Corps (Ret)

This should be passed on and on and on.

Source:
investordiscussionboard.com...
edit on 29-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks IAMTAT, nice to be here! =)

Yes, it very much looks like Obama has made the blunder of the century! =D

What a wonderful turn this is! And perhaps, just perhaps, it may eventually lead to media reconsider the earlier 9/11 narrative, too. Unless of course Sandy (or any of the other potential real or man-made catastrophes) kicks in with bad enough results before the knowledge of Obama's actions have spread wide enough.

Wouldn't be surprised if something happened to Obama at this point either. He's a major risk now to the pyramid people behind him!
edit on 29-10-2012 by NordicNeoShaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2012 by NordicNeoShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It sounds reasonable. I doubt we will ever get 100% of the truth. Just save America the trouble of impeachment and vote Romney. This administrations lies have unravelled and will take a decade to sort out. One lie begets another and another and another until it can not be sorted out. Fast &Furious will come to a head some day.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not buying this. Not an Obama supporter, but how does our President capitulating to a kidnap of an Ambassador and then hostage swap somehow turn him into an October hero?? If anything, it turns him into an even weaker President. I can't see how Obama would benefit from such a train of events.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Pavil, there's a problem in your logic. Obviously, this stuff wasn't supposed to blow into the public's face this way.

Just as with 9/11/01, this was supposed to be a staged show where the president gets to "save" the guy his own people had arranged to be kidnapped. And just as with 9/11/01, things did not go as planned.

The difference is, this time the blundering was bad enough and it was spotted by the press soon enough, so that damage control psy-ops didn't have enough time to come up with anything even remotely convincing to explain all that has taken place. The cat is on the table, and (I sure hope) there's no putting it back.

There's been a believable hypothesis around for a while already which explains exactly how Obama would have gained from the kidnapping:

hillbuzz.org... ive-at-330pm-cst-to-find-out-52149

directorblue.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Eh.. it's an absolute fiction though. Every aspect, except the fact that four americans were killed in an attack, is fabrication. No connections whatsoever. I mean it would be an interesting story, but that's all it is.

Plus, you don't seem to understand that Obama has this election in the bag and always has. He doesn't need an october surprise. He is considered to already have enough electoral votes to win the presidency, while Romney is far off. This has all been a show. Romney was never close to the presidents lead except when the president allowed him to be breifly by throwing a debate, which he did so Dems would get out and vote. Of course that was because it would be hard to sell that the president won if Dems voted in low numbers because they thought it was in the bag. So throw the debate, tighten up the race, then in the next debate win it back, then in the final debates destroy. It has to be a close race so people don't consider third parties, and still keep the illusion of choice.

I promise you, Obama is taking it, Romney likely never even considered he would be president. I am sure he is happy enough playing his part and being mega rich. It is all about keeping the people from wresting control out of the "two parties" and moving in a third party.

Please watch this video and you will understand why I think your post is a not based in reality. The comparison between the security of Libya and Iraq Ambassadors demonstrates how plausible this theory could be. Zero security and they took his plane so he could not escape. To believe that Stevens was not being set up for something is pure denial of reality and lack of common sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so why was stevens killed after the seals perished ?

lol

next

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's interesting that AFTER the Benghazi debacle, Al-Qaeda and supporters of the U.S.-captive Blind Sheikh have now begun calling for supporters to kidnap westerners to trade.

AL-QAEDA LEADER CALLS FOR MUSLIMS TO KIDNAP WESTERNERS IN EXCHANGE FOR IMPRISONED JIHADISTS

The leader of Al-Qaeda is calling on Muslims to kidnap Westerners as a means to free imprisoned jihadists. “We are seeking, by the help of Allah, to capture others and to incite Muslims to capture the citizens of the countries that are fighting Muslims in order to release our captives,” Ayman Al-Zawahri said in a more than two-hour video posted on militant web sites this week, Reuters reported. The Egyptian-born jihadist called for the abductions as part of a vow not to “spare any efforts” to free Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman, CNN reported. Abdel-Rahman is the so-called “blind sheikh” serving a life sentence in U.S. prison for masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

www.theblaze.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join