It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Job Creating More Terrorists [According To The Intelligence Community]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What a collection of deluded dream-world pacifists. I'm glad people in control don't think like all of you, or else we'd have a few more 9/11s on our hands instead of just one.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
be strong

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
What a collection of deluded dream-world pacifists. I'm glad people in control don't think like all of you, or else we'd have a few more 9/11s on our hands instead of just one.

But that's the way it was designed the Zelikow crafted 9/11 meme, to control you and you're definitely in their control, but what if the historical narrative you've bought all the way down the line, is a public myth, and everything that's ensued in it's wake a product of a lust for power, of global geostrategic competitive advantage, along with Isreali special-interest "in control" (remember the Bush crew?)? What if you've been had?

Maybe you have no appreciation for how powerful an idea is who's time has come, and there's no need for a rah rah USA let's get 'em before they get us even kill em all if need be, mentality..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You're preaching a very generalized concept that has been touted for about a decade now. We know the story, we know why people buy into it, it isn't news to anyone.

I've walked the 9/11 conspiracy line for years with an open mind: if you're a logical, sensible, somewhat intelligent person it's easy to see that it's all junk. I'm not "under control" by anyone, I'm just not so needy and self-righteous that I need to immediately replace a noticed illusion with one just as silly and far-fetched.

edit on 19-10-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
To say that terrorism is over, well that wont ever happen.. It doesnt matter who the president is. To say that terrorism is stronger now is just an outright lie.

www.state.gov...

Like it or not, Bush got us into a war that wont be ending. Just like Reagan and his drug war, we are in this for the long haul because we are not at war with a nation. This kinda thing makes me think back to WW2.. Thank god Americans where a bit more American at the time...

(I didnt support the war to start but i did say that if we go to war, were in it for the long run theres no turning back. Well, here we are and turning back is a bit of an naive idealism.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

So you believe that we must act like animals in order to foster peace?

A peace which is only contingent upon the other nation's fear of of invasion, coercion and death?

I'm not against the military. I'm not against keeping ourselves safe from those who wish to kill us.

But it's not worth my freedom. It's not worth killing Millions of innocent women and children.

The loss of their freedom is just as unacceptable as my own.

If you can justify those deaths, and think that we are doing good by our actions in those parts of the world well, I really have nothing else to say.

I can't.

~Tenth

edit on 10/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Strange world we life in, we create the situations, that create the problems, that create the solutions, that create more situations, that will create more problems. And so it goes, ah! but we shall see what comes of it all.
edit on 19-10-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
And don't forget the much larger incidents of terrorism. The U.S. has supported or has been behind massacres in Turkey, Lebanon, Nicaragua, Iraq, Iran, etc. We've supported ruthless dictators all over the world. We're responsible for hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. One nice example is Turkey, a member of NATO. We provide a huge amount of arms to them. They've killed over 50,000 kurds and we congratulate Turkey as a great country making strides to fight terror. The people in the middle east know all about this. It's not our great county and our "freedoms" that make them despise us.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, i don't hate anyone, i know they are pissed and rightfully so...thousands of children are being hurt over there with the crusades.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

lol, not true.

if you knew what i knew then you would know

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

lol, not true.

if you knew what i knew then you would know

Enlighten me, what is it that you know? But for the sake of coherent argument (which is hard to come by on here these days) provide me with some facts. No generalized statements like "you're a sheeple" or "you're asleep." I get it I get it, just give me an argument without the vague under-handed condescending self-righteous colorful bull#tery that the NWO "enlightened ones" seem to spout. 24/7.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I view this topic much like I do many others. All we hear are the extreme views as they are loudly screamed at us here, on the News and in print. The moderate, sensible and fair views are drowned out in the din, when what we need is a conversation that is the product of critical thinking without the emotion and drama. Being Humans we of course react to our emotions instead of engaging our grey matter.

That Radical Islam poses a risk to the world is a simple statement of fact and yet so many seem to be unable or unwilling to separate Radical Islam from the Muslim’s, as they are two different groups. What always seems to happen in these conversations that are repeated over and over is a pretense that those opposed to Radical Islamist Terrorists, are also talking about the Muslims. That is absurd and makes rational discussions even more impossible. You can’t have a reasonable conversation when some are coming from a position of hate and bigotry so entrenched in them, it has taken them over.

Whether Radical Islam is 1% of Muslims, 15% or somewhere in-between, there exist a huge number of people whose goal is to bring the entire planet under a Theocracy they rule.

A few years ago I engaged in a conversation with a person I considered an Islamic Extremist here on ATS. He was calmly and intelligently arguing that we here in the United States would be far better off living under a Muslim Theocracy and Sharia Law modeled after Iran. He used the “Good Master” argument, that we would be treated well and live our lives normally, but would not be citizens nor could we vote or hold Office. He seemed amazed we could not see it his way and understand why it’s OK that we would be treated as inferiors in our own country. It was clear the whole concept of freedom was so foreign to him; he could not understand what freedom is. People pretending to speak for God had carefully brainwashed him.

I keep thinking how strange it is that Free people living in Western Democracies, would under any circumstances act as apologists for people, who would without a second thought force their culture on us and rule us under this suggested Theocracy. Did I use the word absurd earlier, let me use absurd times two here.

This conversation is never going to get out of the gutter until people can discuss reality and take their blinders off to the threat Radical Islam poses to the World. Hate breeds more hate and division; it’s not a path to solutions.

Is it true a lot of mistakes have been made out of fear and distrust? Yes it is and innocent people have paid a horrible price for that. The guilt for it is shared equally by all sides.

Is it true that Radical Islam poses a risk to the world so great that ignoring it would be an exercise in insanity? Yes it is.

Is the United States Government or the Americans responsible for it all? Hardly! That’s the equivalent of saying; if while trying to capture a serial killer the Police make errors that cause innocent peoples death, the serial killer is completely innocent in it all. Again, absurd.

At the moment I’ve known, worked with and currently have as friends too many Muslims to think they think that way. My God, the number one victim of Radical Islam is the Muslim people. All else pales in comparison to the Muslim on Muslim slaughter, that has been going on for far longer than I’ve lived.

As history is being rewritten before my eyes, it’s forgotten that Saddam occupied another country with full intention of continuing on and taking over Saudi Arabia. The mass graves in Iraq that were left behind by Saddam and Sons are also conveniently being written out of history.

I spent an afternoon getting a firsthand account from a man, now a teacher in the U.S., who was once a government, official in Kuwait. His account of watching his family, children and grandchildren slaughtered by one of Saddam’s sons still makes me physically ill. He was such a kind, gentle person my mind could not come to grips with him telling this story to me firsthand, as he treated me like an honored guest in his new home.

People ignore that most of those being killed in Afghanistan are Muslims, being killed by Islamic Extremists. How often is that pointed out in the News or in these discussions?

Extreme points of view combined with hate and bigotry are the real culprits here and have been all throughout our history as a species. The blame game solves nothing and I’ve lost hope we will see things change in what’s left of my life. We just keep chewing the same old bitter pill, like a worn out piece of bubblegum.

The whole world is at fault. All religions share blame. All cultures share in the guilt. That is the true “inconvenient truth”.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Terrorists are like bad drivers, you can't just say it's one type of people, and no matter how hard you try to get rid of them, they'll be there- waiting- either to cut you off, or blow you up... Who know's? Maybe they'll do both at the same time.

I'm done "fighting the terrorists" overseas, I got a mile high list here in North America. We'll send our army when they send us theirs, and one man with a bomb is hardly an army- just a scare tactic. And roughly 20 guys with a plan does not mean war.

I know it is a scary thing to think about, but people want to kill you. Somewhere out there, someone is hating on you for everything you stand for. It could be anything, some are just desperate for blood.

But what about the real war here in North America? You know- the gangs that are responsible for making low-income neighborhoods "ghettos". I've heard stories about people being killed over cigarettes by thugs. I've had a friend ambushed by 15 guys because he said they're team lossed when they asked who won. (He required extensive surgery and was in the hospital for weeks)

Terrorism doesn't exist for everyone, only those with a plan and authority can dictate where terrorism exists, and what makes a 'terrorist'.

Thats right...Those with a plan

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That was a great read.
As was To the Tenths'.
I don't think it's apologizing to admit things were not fair,
and the carnage so insanely lopsided.
What's a rough estimate?
7000 US deaths including 911 and 500,000 Iraqi and Afghans?
I think it's in our best interest as land of the free home of the brave
to see the wrongs and right them as best we can.
Fantastic thought provoking posts mods.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

I know it is a scary thing to think about, but people want to kill you. Somewhere out there, someone is hating on you for everything you stand for. It could be anything, some are just desperate for blood.

Nobody wants to kill me personally. They want to kill the idea of our culture. Which quite frankly I kinda want to kill it too.

Don't you?

Let's see.

1. Most corrupt system of government on the planet.
2. Hollywood.
3.Corrupt Justice System

I mean the list of atrocities that our 'culture' has become is pretty damn shameful. Our education system is in completely chaos. Our higher level education like Universities and Colleges are overpriced, over bloated and far too politicized regarding scientific research.

Now the whole freedom thing is cool. Unless you've figured out that this sort of 'freedom' is only manufactured and what we view as a free and democratic society is only an illusion. They got to write the rules, we have to follow them.

Slavery is alive and well.

Now on the other hand their culture isn't much better in that aspect and I won't sit here and argue the semantics of which one trumps the other in debauchery.

It's a draw imo

But you're right. The war is here in North America. How can we expect to 'liberate' others from tyrants and dictators, if we ourselves are the most enslaved?

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

if the people 'in control' thought a little more like a lot of us do, 9/11 would never have happened at all. a dream of peace, though clearly deluded to some, is infinitely preferable to a reality of manufactured paranoia and incremental destruction of personal freedoms.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

To be honest. I'm not a big fan of North America, and wouldn't mind if I was the generation to see it burn away. As sad as it would be, I think a lot of us would understand why it didn't work, and where we went wrong. Though I am sure that we will repeat the same mistake undoubtedly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2012 by pjv31 because: nevermind

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It's perfectly fair to point out our shortcomings as long as it's not one sided.

Sometimes the only honest place to be is in the middle ground.

Honesty requires that while pointing out the mess we make of things, that we also acknowledge the actions that were the catalyst for them.

We need to change, but at the same time we need to recognize there are dark forces in this world that will not simply go away on their own. We accept that and join together, problems can and would be solved.

The one thing I see that is not up for debate for me, is that Freedom is of paramount importance and any enemy of Freedom, whether it comes from inside my own country or outside it is the enemy of us all. The concept our country was modeled around is still sound, it's those who rule us who are the problem.

At the same time other cultures also have to look inward and pull the Giant Redwoods out of their own eyes. Anyone not free to speak or write their thoughts without fear, not free to practice whatever Faith they wish as long as they don't tread on others freedom are prisoners. Any culture intolerant of other cultures among them are the enemy of mankind as a whole. Only when we are free and understand freedom does not mean the right to stomp all over others rights, will things change.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by sealing

It's perfectly fair to point out our shortcomings as long as it's not one sided.

Sometimes the only honest place to be is in the middle ground.

Honesty requires that while pointing out the mess we make of things, that we also acknowledge the actions that were the catalyst for them.

We need to change, but at the same time we need to recognize there are dark forces in this world that will not simply go away on their own. We accept that and join together, problems can and would be solved.

The one thing I see that is not up for debate for me, is that Freedom is of paramount importance and any enemy of Freedom, whether it comes from inside my own country or outside it is the enemy of us all. The concept our country was modeled around is still sound, it's those who rule us who are the problem.

At the same time other cultures also have to look inward and pull the Giant Redwoods out of their own eyes. Anyone not free to speak or write their thoughts without fear, not free to practice whatever Faith they wish as long as they don't tread on others freedom are prisoners. Any culture intolerant of other cultures among them are the enemy of mankind as a whole. Only when we are free and understand freedom does not mean the right to stomp all over others rights, will things change.

Absolutely exquisite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join