It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If UFO'S are actually us from the future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Of course, the easy version of this to swallow doesn’t require time travel, just that humans were once a few hundred years ahead of where we are now in technology some 20,000 years ago when those on the planet were nearly wiped out and knocked back to the Stone Age by some disaster and those in space lived out there, retained their high-tech lifestyles, and became observers and guardians of the home planet.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I have thought of this many times before, and it seems the most plausible theory as to what we see in the skies and abduction stories. The nearest star (I believe) is Alpha Centauri which is 4+ light years away, why would beings travel that distance to just watch us? It seems that in the distant future (10k years, 1 mill. years...) some race of beings on Earth will have figured out time travel, what is the first thing most people want to do when asked "what would you do if you could travel through time?"...go back in time (time of Jesus, Dinosaurs...) why wouldn't a future civilization come back and see how the Earth looked, or what they can do to insure that their race/civilization doesn't destroy themselves like we are?

Hell, maybe UFO's are the school busses of the future and it's considered a field trip, what better way to learn History that to see it for yourself?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you all for the replies, even the trolls, but the topic was started and the original title being changed in no way changes my question, just reworded. Like many things< it is subjective and we are all entitled to our opinions. That is the reason this site exist. I must admit to allowing myself to be human and take offense to a few of the posts and for that I truly apologize.

My personal feelings about UFO's is that they exist. That they are in fact identifiable. Just not verifiable as to where or why they exist. Semantics allow us to place names on things that have the same meaning only worded differently, good/bad, heaven/hell etc. Really doesn't matter what you call them they still have the same content/description , where they come from or why they exist is subjective.

Keep those ideas coming, I am enjoying the different opinions/ideas that you are sharing. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There are many recounts of extraterrestrial beings, however we are confounded at the obvious technological boundaries for the craft to be able to superseed the light barrier, we take a jump of reason and assume that it is possible, however it remains the stumbling block for our already well-refined scientific reasoning to surpass. To reason that they are from the future is also a folly because any intrusion into time is met with chaos, and any form of time-travel would essentially de-stabilise the fabric of this universe.

However, there are other possibilities, and the obvious one is that they are from different universes with different laws, that allow them to travel or sometimes extrude themselves into this reality.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

No matter what they are the possibility exist they are from the future and we are them!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I hear and see IFO's every day... Airplanes flying in the sky are identified flying objects...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What if they are from the past? Maybe an ancient civilisation worked it out...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Endless possibilities and probabilities. My post was more about the fact we can speculate all we want, but the truth will only be known by few either way in this reality. We speak of aliens from other worlds, well maybe they are not aliens but future civilizations, could be any number of possibilities or a combination of all. Thanks for the reply. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
There are many recounts of extraterrestrial beings, however we are confounded at the obvious technological boundaries for the craft to be able to superseed the light barrier, we take a jump of reason and assume that it is possible, however it remains the stumbling block for our already well-refined scientific reasoning to surpass. To reason that they are from the future is also a folly because any intrusion into time is met with chaos, and any form of time-travel would essentially de-stabilise the fabric of this universe.

Some of the greatest minds in theoretical physics, such as Kip Thorn, Hawkings, the late Carl Sagan, and many others, are indeed working on models for Time Travel and solutions for the Paradox ("Grandfather") problem. Kip Thorne and others have actually found solutions to the paradox problem, however, the real problems with time travel (and by that I mean traveling back in time), seem to be much harder to overcome:

plus.maths.org...

However, there are other possibilities, and the obvious one is that they are from different universes with different laws, that allow them to travel or sometimes extrude themselves into this reality.

I think your logic is not sound here. While there might be multiple universes, even some with very different laws of physics, and even one where FTL travel is possible, once they enter our Universe, they are subject to our laws of Physics. Hence, if the "jumping" to/from parallel universes requires FTL travel, then they are stuck here, because our laws of Physics don't allow FTL travel.
FTL travel is an example, please insert your own "parallel universe law of physics", the outcome is the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Perhaps they only appear at opportune moments, interstitial time for instance.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

original poster PPLwakeUP gets the credit
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you have 4h21 mins spare give this a watch (the second one from 1h 40mins is the unedited version of the first vid
I just sat through the whole lot and loved every minute of it.
ps
sorry for the flack you got for changing your title

philware
edit on 19/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by nv4711

Perhaps they only appear at opportune moments, interstitial time for instance.

I don't think that a concept from a Dr. Who episode will be the answer to time travel.

In addition, "interstitial time" would be the time spent traveling between the two parallel universes, akin to the time spent during your commute from home to work. So again, I don't see how this would solve or explain anything once they "arrive here".

But maybe you can elaborate.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Pish Posh mary. Don't sweat it and thanks for the time you have given to my post. Take care, sweety.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I wonder did you make those ridiculous things just to have an excuse or so called "argument" against people who have different opinion?
Do you know everything?
Do you know how every piece of universe works?
I respect science, but, at the moment, science is not the answer.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What If UFO'S are actually us from the future?

I don't think so, because the time-traveling technology or theorem would have been sold to the Japanese, and then the Japanese would have traveled into the past (or our present) with a bunch of neutron bombs and sprayed the entire United States with the explosives. On a separate but related mission, top secret agents of the Japanese military would use their time-traveling devices to infiltrate the bases of other countries, assassinating the heads of office and torturing their aides for technical information before returning to their own time. As a result, in their time, they would suddenly wake up and have no more America. Furthermore, they would have all the data necessary to take over the world.

So either we've learned our lessons regarding dangerous technology in the future, or it will never be invented.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The possible "explanation" of UFOs being humans from other times or manifestations of reality (since time is just an illusion) has more going for it than the explanation that they're aliens from other planets. After all, we know human beings exist and have existed. That's at least one more thing than we know about aliens. And we know we're a clever bunch, with the capability of figuring out how to travel like that if we put our minds to it.

And it's a lot less boring to consider than some dumb aliens wandering around like something out of Star Trek. That is possibly the least imaginative of all potential explanations.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by promenion

I have to agree with you, no aliens have ever visited our planet...if they did we would know about it and there wouldn't be so much secrecy.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

What I'm saying is that most of what people see and claim to be 'Unidentified' is in most cases quite identifiable.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I replied to you in another thread and you never responded.. so what do you say to close range sightings that are clearly identifiable as something amazing? I've seen a silver disc at close range (approx 150 to 200 ft) and I was with another person. I am not sitting here and saying that its alien but it was definitely quiet, defying gravity, glowing intensely and it flew away 10x faster than any "known" craft on earth possibly could have.

To the op - I also had an encounter experience about 15 years ago that I cannot say for certain was real or imaginary but during it I was given a history lesson of humans as well a few of the "alien" races that are visiting and this theory is very close to something they said minus the time travel. In particular I was told the grays meaning the real grays that are tall and leathery, as opposed to the short rubbery bio-mechanical beings, once looked exactly like humans. They supposedly destroyed their environment and were forced to evolve underground for a long period of time and now they cannot process sunlight and can only reproduce via test tube.
edit on 19-10-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Thanks for sharing what obviously was a very personal experience, real or imagined. I am of the mind that it is a combination of different reasons as to why we see them and they do not necessarily contact us as a whole but rather specific individuals are targeted and crop circles pop up out of the blue. They do not all have the same motives. And I do believe that what we call aliens are actually real civilizations from other solar systems that have found a way to use interstellar travel using technology that we are aware and this is why I also think it is possible some of them that visit us are versions of our future selves. There is the possibility that multiple universes exist and we are in a computer simulation, the list of possibilities is mind boggling, anyone that denies this is basically living in fear. I chose to embrace whatever my existence is and be the best possible soul I can be regardless of what THEY are. Take care and thanks for the reply.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Even when presented with irrefutable proof you would still doubt it. It is easier to throw blanket statements out instead of opening yourself up to possibilities that are hard to imagine. Do not let fear control you, Let LOVE guide you. Be the best soul you can be, learn to accept that there is always something about ourselves that needs changing. With you it might be your close minded approach to this matter of discussion. Take care.

Ascension211

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join