It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If UFO'S are actually us from the future?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think steering it from the past would have far worse ramifications as to effecting their own future. At least from the future they would have the option of what to change and what not to change. Thank you.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Lol. I said nothing of the sorts, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but you inferred that I was a cali stonehead. At least thats how it came across to me. But whatever voice you chose to hear is yours. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think you might have misunderstood me. I am open to all possibilities. I am not, however, subscribing to folks who just believe these things are from the future and from the future ONLY. Who knows where they are from?

Some may be from the future. Some may be from the past. Some may be from deep space. Some may be from deep inside the earth. Some may be from neighboring dimensions. Some may be from good 'ole USA.

We really can't rule out anything but need to create a huge basket of possibilities and hopefully we get some answers.

What we do know is that they do exist, irrespective of manufacturing plant or location. I hope we can get greater closure on this mystery but for some reason I don't believe we will see greater disclosure in your and my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

But I dont want my great great grandkiddies to be short, grey, big headed, and bug eyed. That would throw off the whole family album!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Say there was an advanced civilization two hundred thousand years ago that went extinct. If they developed with strong morals they possibly would not stop their demise. If they developed time travel they could have also moved into the future, as long as their line did not get affected by what they are trying to change here in the present and our past.

I can't say that time travel is probable because of the difference in space we are from where we even were ten minutes ago. Time travel and position alignment would need to be addressed to do it right. In ten minutes we have traveled millions of miles in space in a multitude of directions. Knowing the exact zero point would be critical for spacial alignment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have always felt that was an interesting hypothesis, and sine i described it to my husband, he ended up writing a screen play based on the idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Awesome! Where can read it? Has he finished it yet? Either way thanks for the reply. Take care and good luck.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I would think if you are advanced enough to travel in time you would have that equation solved. I believe if you are able to travel faster than the speed of light you can pinpoint where you stop. There is so much we have yet to learn about quantum physics the ability for us to fathom certain aspects just isn't there, but the ability to recognize this is evident in Hollywood, through Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, star wars and Stargate. they all allow for the ability to use worm holes or some vortex or some warp speed, to travel through space, i.e. time travel. Still, thank you for your reply. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by promenion
...its all government military flying prototypes, nothing more.

You're incorrect.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Their described physical features (the greys) seem to describe a very likely future us. We have larger brains than cavemen, greys have much larger brain cavities than us currently. We have less body hair (less need for) than in the past, greys even less in their controlled environment. They probably wouldn't need a lot of muscle, not efficient metabolically or advantageous in a computer-centric world. Large eyes seem useful, and a tiny slit for a mouth seems just fine for ideal-engineered shake food. The convergence of ethnicity and even gender roles would point to an androgynous future (as well as what I feel is a lower value being placed on individuality today). Why have kids naturally anymore... too risky and hard on the body. And who needs sex (from the view of old congressmen) -- what a distraction -- might as well get rid of that too!

The initial hubris of scientists to quickly assume that giant portions of our DNA are "junk" often had me wondering if greys were future-engineered us. Maybe they unintentionally engineered something human out along the way, something emotional... maybe hybrid work is an attempt to reclaim something they can only look upon with jealously and confusion about now, but something they know is core to the human experience...
edit on 10/18/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
snip
We have these crop circles and other unexplained phenomena that may be the only way for our future us to communicate with our present us without affecting the outcome directly.

Your thread is silly 'cause it's poorly thought out. However, using agri-glyphs as some kind of message center is worse. Agri-glyphs are not part of "unexplained phenomena", you know darn well that they are the creations of devilish humans.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So you are saying aliens are evolved human beings without any sexual organs? *GASP!*

On the flipside to no sexual organs and deformed bodies, at least the "evolved" human race gets to drive pretty cool aircraft with blinking lights....I call dibs on the triangle shaped craft

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

You are entitled to your opinion, but for someone with so many posts you would think you knew the rules by now. I feel this borders on the line of hatred and flippant responses that ATS frowns on. All you did was frame a snip and call me silly. Very mature response. My post is not silly in the least and it was thought out better than your response was. In any case, I chose not to take it personally. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

P.S. I hope a mod sees this post from you and puts it where they are supposed to.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I said nothing of the sorts. Perhaps you should start a stand up comedy routine. You added absolutely nothing of value. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Thank you for your reply. You may have a good observation there, it does raise questions. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is one theory that I'm very interested in. It would explain a lot. But it could be both humans from the future & ET's that we see in our skies.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by The Shrike

You are entitled to your opinion, but for someone with so many posts you would think you knew the rules by now. I feel this borders on the line of hatred and flippant responses that ATS frowns on. All you did was frame a snip and call me silly. Very mature response. My post is not silly in the least and it was thought out better than your response was. In any case, I chose not to take it personally. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

P.S. I hope a mod sees this post from you and puts it where they are supposed to.

You want a mod to move your reply where it's "supposed to"? That's what your comment amounts to.

If you meant my reply, lots of luck, it contains more logic than your thread and anything you could reply with.

By asking if UFOs are us from the future (the addition of the word "actually" is redundant), we are not UFOs! UFOs are an unknown aerial display that has stymied humans since the first sightings perhaps thousands of years ago. If you mean UFO occupants, you assuming they exist. UFOs could be ROV. I don't know and you certainly don't know. You should give more thought to the way you construct thread content.

Don't let simple common sense tie your panties in a bunch!

edit on 18-10-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I surpose it's all down to which theory in science turns out to be the right one, I lean towards the "many worlds" hypothesis in which every outcome and event is being played out on a limitless number of planet earths right now and from Hitler winning World War Two to Homer Simpson really setting off to work hahaha, but that would make a form of time travel possible as your not going back to your past but someone else's and "playing" in there dimension, but if that's true ........ What's the point of going back then???? As it won't effect the traveller.
So just as we get an answer it reveals hundreds more question, I personally think there interdimentional travellers……but only they know for sure and they ain't talking.

Ste

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

We can not have contact with them because of the space time continuum and would alter history and make certain people disappear from existence.

Actually, that has not been definitively resolved either way. Great minds have struggled with the entire concept of time travel, and at this juncture, only theories exist, with no current technology to exercise time travel, as envisioned by science fiction writers.
Steven Hawkins does not believe that time travel is even possible. However, he has not come up with a valid scientific explanation to back up his theory, other than saying that "some law in the universe MUST exist to prevent it.
We know that space can be warped, but again, if Einstein is correct, then an infinite amount of energy would be needed for speed greater than light.
At this point, I would say that anyone's guess is as good as the next, because if great scientists still can't put a nail in any theory, then human imagination is just as valid as the current theories.
My mind is open to an endless string of possibilities.(pun intended)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This theme has certainly been one of the most predominant for me over the years. And I appreciate the post because two nights ago whilst drinking at the pub, someone said something and it reminded me of an event earlier in life that for some reason struck me as "Hang on, that might've been myself from the future sending me a message". I don't fancy going into detail but the timing of that thought and your thread made me check it out

Most of the sightings I've had have not made me think "future me" or something, but one of them, and I should add it's the one that baffles me the most and was the most spectacular personal sighting has had me questioning the "us from the future" theory. I say that because who knows where to be so that I see them/it, who knows what kind of show to put on so that I watch? It could be super intelligent aliens, but the only other thing I can think to fit the bill is a future "me" of sorts.

I realize your thread may be more about "us" as a generalization and there's probably more chance that it would be a civilization and not actually me from the future, or whatever variant of that might be possible in the future. But the case for "time" has always been strong with UFO reports and the question of how far that extends (ie how far does the manipulation go) is something we know very little about still. Lost time cases, traveling in UFO's for weeks only to find you've been away for a day... I'm not saying it IS real, but small instances like this over hundreds of reports DOES build up some kind of "time" case.

Certainly - all the future "me" would need to know is a rough number of years (ie 2005-2008) and they're likely to find me in the same place on a regular basis. The fact no-one else saw what I saw makes me wonder just how personal these incidents really are, and on most occasions of 'spectacular' sightings you often hear the witness refer to how personal it felt. Also take that lady's case where she would try and get what she was seeing to mimic her flashlight and it often did. Can't remember her name, don't know that much UFO info off the top of my head yet..

Whilst it's hard to give any theory real credence when there are so many dots left unconnected the whole time, there are sleek clues in sightings that have certainly got me questioning the "back to the future" element. But there are also plenty of reports with details that make even that idea sound crazy. I always wondered if there were 'aliens' and 22 years later I got some kind of proof. Now I'll be forever pondering the "time" element, and who's to say in another 22 years I won't get some kind of personal answer. The universe works in strange ways

Star unt flag.

edit on 18-10-2012 by markymint because: Extra Opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join