It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Unit 4 sinking, structure on verge of complete collapse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Well, as wrong as the Japanese government has been in this situation, the US government did the same thing in the BP Horizon debacle. They set back and let BP call the shots on the eff-up they committed in the first place. Meanwhile BP let the damned thing spew into the Gulf for months when the well-head could have been isolated within the first few weeks....and the EPA jsut set there and never did a thing.

Welcome to the true nature of how much governments care about their "talking points". They don't care.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yep.

I had the same thoughts about BP and what they would do. It was clear they really didn't have a plan to deal with it. More of the 'odds are it won't happen' thinking.

"Maybe golf balls being stuffed into a stream exiting under high pressure. Yeah that's it".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

They were offered real solutions. They didn't want to lose their ability to bring the well to production and the EPA allowed them to make that call.

'nuff said.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by andy06shake

The problem is that the BOTTOM is falling out which will lead to loss of cooling fluids. A dome is not going to help. Concrete won't hold up to the intense heat we're talking about if there is a meltdown. Instead you'll just have a mushroom puff of radioactive crap when the pressure builds in the dome and it fails.

The BOTTOM has to be reinforced to contain the cooling water.

I did add at the end of my post that there may be problems with the dome i mentioned subsiding due to the intense heat. Cant really think of anyway of shoring the reactor up from underneath which is why i did not postulate any theory that addresses said reactor going into meltdown(China Syndrome).

Just spitballing!
edit on 19-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Aren't we all at this point! lol

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There are too many Bad things in this event.

The last one, and tragic, is that in the MAIN STREAM MEDIA world-wide there is an overwhelming, absolute, SILENCE....

And seems that Above Top Secret.com and other few web sites are the only that allow this kind of debate, questions and investigation....

The Good thing is that NO ONE Nation in the world will build a new Nuclear Power Plant on their soil....

This is a turning point, and maybe, soon, we can see the growing of the still hidden and still secret new kinds of Energies...
edit on 19-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
Is this the Wormwood star or something like it?

www.sitchin.com...

"At the end of the third millennium B.C. the great Sumerian civilization came to an abrupt end. Its sudden demise was bewailed in numerous lamentation texts that have been discovered by archeologists. The texts ascribed the calamity to an Evil Wind that came blowing from the west (from the direction of the Mediterranean Sea) -- a deathly cloud that caused excruciating death to all living beings, people and animals alike, that withered plants and poisoned the waters."

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
The reason we were given advanced knowledge was to take care of the world. Our intelligence will be removed shortly. This will be done by our own stupidity, the makings of which are already in place.

People laugh at others who look to advanced beings as being our only hope for survival and really that's the only way we're ever going to get out of this conundrum. we need access to a safer kind of technology and "they" are the only ones who can provide us with it. I don't see what's so funny about that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This is a turning point, and maybe, soon, we can see the growing of the still hidden and still secret new kinds of Energies...

I agree but don't expect it to come from some backyard inventor- they tend to disappear before the news gets out. It has to come from "those who from heaven came to Earth". That's my hopes

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

www.sitchin.com...

"At the end of the third millennium B.C. the great Sumerian civilization came to an abrupt end. Its sudden demise was bewailed in numerous lamentation texts that have been discovered by archeologists. The texts ascribed the calamity to an Evil Wind that came blowing from the west (from the direction of the Mediterranean Sea) -- a deathly cloud that caused excruciating death to all living beings, people and animals alike, that withered plants and poisoned the waters."

Zecharia Sitchin had a lot of theories about ancient civilizations. Some people buy into them whole heartedly and others put him on a level with the infamous disinformation source, Sorcha Faal. As to the Sumerian downfall, there is at least one other possibility. That is a pandemic that was seen as being wind borne. There are a couple of possibilities for the disease, one being an early appearance of the black death and another is smallpox.

Where do I stand on it? I have a wait and see attitude since there are many unexplained phenomena on earth like the Nazca lines and the Baghdad battery as well as the Antikythera device and a great deal more.
edit on 19-10-2012 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I agree but don't expect it to come from some backyard inventor- they tend to disappear before the news gets out. It has to come from "those who from heaven came to Earth". That's my hopes

There was supposed to be a well financed cold fusion reactor that was already proven before some wealthy investor financed a pilot plant. The last I heard was that the test run was a little below expectations but still successful enough to be commercially viable. That was months ago and I have heard zilch since.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Fukushima Unit 4 sinking, structure on verge of complete collapse

www.naturalnews.com

During a recent interview, Mitsuhei Murata, the former Japanese Ambassador to both Switzerland and Senegal, explained that the ground beneath the plant's Unit 4 is gradually sinking, and that the entire structure is very likely on the verge of complete collapse.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

A few things:

Natural News is not a legit source for much
The Japanese on the Youtube page is littered with wild conspiracies, none of which anyone has evidence for.
There's no reference to this man being an ambassador between 2001 and 2010 - when was he the ambassodor to Switzerland? Any proof of that being true?

In short, I'm betting this is another NaturalNews pushed hoaxes.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
My belief from about day 2...

A corporation should not be trusted to solve this issue. The best nuclear and engineering people in the world should have be brought into the situation to formulate and execute a plan. It has been allowed to deteriorate to a point where there may be no solution with a reasonable end result. Seems more like a crap shoot by Tepco with them blinded by a gambler's infinite optimism.

I'm not sure there ever WAS a solution. If you read the action-by-action account TEPCO had in the opening days to show what happened and in what order...the mistakes are clear enough in hindsight and the points of commitment to catastrophe, equally clear. They couldn't really have been at the time I guess...They were fighting for their very lives and their nation since they KNEW they had 1 and maybe 3 cores in a state of uncontrolled reaction and meltdown,

They sealed our fate and ended any options..if, again, they really had any...when they vented the systems to prevent the whole thing from blowing up. That created a whole DIFFERENT problem, of course, which the world watched explode one after the other. Pop Pop...as the vented gases inside lit off. With those blasts...the piping and infrastructure that still might have worked was gone.

I blamed TEPCO for a long time...because I took this all personally. My first BIG story to lose myself in research with after leaving trucking...and I got so far into this nightmare of doom...I almost lost myself in it. After those first mistakes though...Hell.. I just don't know if anything TEPCO COULD have done would have made any difference then. Even what they did..the mistakes..was a Hail Mary with NO choices. Lose small or lose HUGE.... They chose to lose small because winning stopped being an option when the generators were destroyed.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't want to set the world on fiiiiiireeeeeee....

Sorry, thought that was somehow relevant. People here make a really good point. Nuclear power plants seem to be built in very high risk areas. Especially for their damage potential.

There is also no real way to expose of the waste either. We're storing up huge amounts of trouble for the future 'beings' that will inhabit this planet. We really have messed up big time. It's a shame that most CEO's and those making money are about 70 to 80 years of age, they have no future other than huuuuge consumption for what little time they have left, but they've destroyed our future.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: Spelling error

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh.. I hate to bring more bad news to the topic but lest anyone stop and think the Japanese Government learned anything from this......They didn't. Not a damn thing. They're turning it all back on, having decided they are past Fukushima and the issues that caused it have been sufficiently dealt with to resume Nuclear operations at the other plants. At least some, and no reason to believe they won't turn the rest on in order.

They didn't learn one thing. I could cry.... We're doomed...and they're setting it all up to happen again the next time Mother Nature decides the West-Pacific needs some kind of big slap.

Japan approves two reactor restarts, more seen ahead

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

www.sitchin.com...

Zecharia Sitchin had a lot of theories about ancient civilizations. Some people buy into them whole heartedly and others put him on a level with the infamous disinformation source, Sorcha Faal. As to the Sumerian downfall, there is at least one other possibility. That is a pandemic that was seen as being wind borne. There are a couple of possibilities for the disease, one being an early appearance of the black death and another is smallpox.

Where do I stand on it? I have a wait and see attitude since there are many unexplained phenomena on earth like the Nazca lines and the Baghdad battery as well as the Antikythera device and a great deal more.

Well if the quote is correct how does that wither plants?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you think that's a move to save face? It sure as heck seems like it. Unless these people are literally trying to make Bible prophecy happen! They know their time is short, maybe they just want to ruin it for everyone else?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

They just don't get it, in my opinion and they haven't from day one. They live in a happy little state called Denial and all is rosy and bright there.

I distinctly recall the Prefecture and Tokyo Gov people discussing how the soil could be rehabilitated INSIDE the 12km exclusion zone a few months after this happened. Somewhere on my drives I have a few hundred Fireshot captured site pages of everything I saw and could find for a the first few months on this nightmare. That was part of it and it stands out because I was just beside myself with utter shock and HORROR that the thought was even crossing their MINDS to try and use that immediate area in anyone's lifetime.

FOOD CROPS...was what the story had been about for re-hab'ing the soil.

I've also said..and I hope to this day I'm wrong...they aren't working there to contain and trap as much as I think they are cleaning up and restoring what can be rebuilt to someday bring that place back online. Reactors 5 and 6 were unharmed and still sitting there. Maybe they've been unloaded and all fuel removed, but I missed the press release if that has happened. If not..I'd want to ask ..what would it all still be in place for? ..and the Soviets showed what a CRASH program to isolate and contain a catastrophe looks like. Chernobyl was a fraction of this nightmare...and they moved with the speed of a thousand Cheetahs to bury that reactor before it killed half the Ukraine.

Anyone seen ANYTHING LIKE that kind of crash program? Hell no.. They are ..Oh so gently...disassembling what cannot possibly be saved...keeping clean and functional what CAN be...and generally working that site like a functional, long term restoration and clean up.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They should of Chernobyl'ed this thing the first 90 days..

In case it under 30 feet of concrete, evacuate the area and let bygones be bygones..

Stop irradiating the world please, we do not need anymore. I can not believe the japanese still want to go down with the ship.. There is no saving this now.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by happykat39

www.sitchin.com...

Well if the quote is correct how does that wither plants?

This is just speculation like everything else from that time but...

They would have had a reason to mention the wind and while blowing radioactive fallout is possible so is a hot dry wind accompanied by a drought. Again, only time will tell. If there are really aliens involved in human affairs sooner or later they will have to show themselves.

As to the ancient texts, many of them were forged or misinterpreted and if real were written by a people who had little or no technical knowledge. I don't know what gets into some scientists heads but all too often you read about some new discovery only to read later that the research results were faked. And remember also that the texts were written in languages that are either no longer used or are completely different in use today from when they were used thousands of years ago. Just one simple example. Take someone who speaks modern English with a New England accent and drop them back into the south before the civil war. Given just a couple of hundred years and the same language would evolve so that two people from those different eras would hardly be able to communicate. How much harder would it be to translate something written thousands of years ago. My point is that what we are told the ancient manuscripts say could very well be colored by what the interpreter wanted to hear.

There are too many possibilities and mysteries to be absolutely sure of any translation by a single person with an agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join