It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Mittens from a docent at the Reagan Library

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hello ATS'rs,

I would like to share with you a little experience I had recently at a local library. I was browsing through the books for sale section reading a book about native americans. I was reading about the canadian Aboriginal people and their struggle with their government. It was an interesting read to say the least, about how they wanted to make a treaty to see the independence of the Quebecoius with the anglosaxon people of canada all the while not ever mentioning the natives of the land. Others can research it if they'd like.

As I was reading an older couple came over to the section, they were dressed really nice. I thought that they might work at the library so I asked if they did and they said no. I got the impression that they might work at the Reagan library because of their attire. They said they did. I got the thought to ask him if he was their when Mitt Romney spoke their in 2011, he said he was; furthermore he told me that he worked on his campaign. Needless to say, I was interested.

I continued to ask him further questions about Mitt Romney; he told me that all of this talk about him not having a personality is not really true, that the 47% comment that Romney made is taken out of context and that he was speaking about campaigning. He explained that it cost a lot of money to campaign in a state(millions I believe), so what Romney was saying was that for a state that is already set in its ways to allow Big Brother Corp. to take care of them, that he wouldn't waiste money campaigning there; not that he doesn't like or look down upon 47% of the American people.

He went on to say from his experience of knowing Romney that he believed him to be a genuine man of good faith and with good intentions for our country. Now, I registered to vote the other day. I registered Libertarian, I'm not 100% sure where to put my vote, I believe it will be Gary Johnson because although I sense that Mitt Romney is a good man, I don't agree with him on certain things.

We went on to talk about other things like his coal business that he owned in Nevada and how the government took it over under our senator Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein. He explained the story to me how the EPA managed to shut them down under the guise of environmental protection. He told me that they said his bussiness was hurting the dessert turtles, they even went so far as to plant turtles over the coal fields where they(big brotha and state) normally woundn't be able to get to and would then blame his bussiness for damages. He went on to explain how they managed to dupe his 14 or so million dollar bussiness and take the land from him, which they later used to install clean energy plants and also mine for gold. He stated that Dianna Feinstiens husband was in the gold bussiness and it just so happens that there was gold on that land and that they wouldn't have been able to mine it if they didnt take the land.

Even more interesting to me was this mans name. I recognized his name instantly. A friend of mine who is 86 years old that I would visit, use to tell me of this couple who held a funeral for her daughter when she passed away; she sometimes would repeat to me a story she told and so I remembered very well this couples name that helped her. She talked fondly of them and wondered what happened to them and wished to be able to get a hold of them again, it turns out that this was the couple I met that was a friend of a friend.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. Thats the story. Thought I'd share.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OKThunder

If we saw this land theft in a movie the audience would jeering and booing the screen. When we see it in real life we just sit back and watch. Scooby Doo where are you? The likes of Senator Diane Feinstein makes me sick. She is evidently the worse of the worse. If she would loot and ransack her constituents she would definitely loot and ransack the country. Hell hath a hole for her if she doesn't repent.

PS What is a docent?
edit on 18-10-2012 by sirjunlegun because: PS

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by OKThunder

PS What is a docent?
edit on 18-10-2012 by sirjunlegun because: PS

Definition of DOCENT

1: a college or university teacher or lecturer
2: a person who leads guided tours especially through a museum or art gallery

In the case that I am speaking about it is the second one. He is a tour guide for the library. It's quite a large presidential library and they have a bunch of historical items there. They have a piece of the Berlin wall standing there. At first appearence it seems to be just another tagged up wall.

join