This Is Too Obvious

page: 6
12
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien
 


Sometimes I think they believe it's their 'right' to do whatever they want to us because we (the general public) don't 'get it' like they do.




posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton
 


I like to say that it is referring to Jesus.. Except that my take is a little different. I think religion is for the naive, but I bet Jesus did too... His words and his life was taken way out of context to build a Christianity he wouldn't recognize. Especially when you read some of the older writings not in the Bible, you find he never meant he was anything special, and that it's all about moving out of the illusion, not out of sin..

I agree with the rest of your take on it. One random thing you can take away from the movie is not to judge a book by it's cover. This meaning stands whether the man is just slow, or if he's just messing around with people to see who sees...

He also doesn't have a birth certificate in the movie haha...

"I like to watch"

Any way you want to take the movie it is there. Art can be taken many ways.

I'm going to have to rent it now.
I just realized that my girlfriend hasn't ever seen it.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleMikey
reply to post by Deaf Alien
 


Sometimes I think they believe it's their 'right' to do whatever they want to us because we (the general public) don't 'get it' like they do.



this is the truth.,.,,.,.., its not that we dont get it,,.,. it is,..,.,.., its that we as the opressed,,, as the sheep dont rise up and demand the world run fairly.,,.,.,. they call the general population the sheep,,, because they are the minority as the eyes on top of that pyramid ,,,,, they are the shepards of the sheep,,,, not the good jesus kind of sheapard of the sheep,,.,.the wolf in sheeps clothing kind.,,,,, or not,,,,, the wolf in wolves clothing kind..,.,. but do the sheep do anything about it? do they complain? a little..... do they come up with their own perfect way for things? Do they demand to have country wide or world wide debates on morals, ethics, philosophy, the future of technolgy,, war,, politics,, green energy? no.... they dont.,,,, so things will stay the same,,,, cuz our lords are living the nice life,,, why would they spark real change?



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I was watching this movie and this stuck right out in my face. Too blatantly obvious...



Notice the word RAND there?

A lot of movies do that.

Maybe I am a bit too paranoid but still??? Why show that?

That's from "Being There". Very funny movie.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I love it when people mistake pop-culture for what it is most likely not, some secret covert underground hidden veiled dark cabalistic satanic mysterious puzzle illuminati grand hidden agenda, when it is clearly just a reference to pop-culture, or to simply look interesting, you have to admit, if the sole purpose was to make the scene look deep and interesting, mission accomplished.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That movie is hilarious . Lotsa good quotes...

"...I like to watch, Eve." is my favorite.

Sometimes when someone asks me a dumb question, as in,

"...Do you like the blue pastel with ocre trim or the hunter green and beige?"

I will reply..."I like to watch, Eve." ....probably why only have a few friends


But there are a few references to the Illuminati in the movie....some subtle and some not.

The reference to Rand is in the plot. The old man that Chance befriends has the sirname Rand
and owns a huge corporation....could be a subtle reference to Rand Corp...?

Good movie though, definitely worth a watch...



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus
 


Nnngh, really. If a global secret society consipiring to rule the world and exterminate us peasants, do you really think they'd be inserting their symbols into pop culture? That would sort of defeat the concept of a secret society, I think.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I love it when people mistake pop-culture for what it is most likely not, some secret covert underground hidden veiled dark cabalistic satanic mysterious puzzle illuminati grand hidden agenda, when it is clearly just a reference to pop-culture, or to simply look interesting, you have to admit, if the sole purpose was to make the scene look deep and interesting, mission accomplished.


Well this particular movie has nothing to do with popular culture. It was almost made before I was born. The Scene is NOT out of place for the rest of the movie.

As another poster has already pointed out more than once it's no secret what the movie is about. The movie actually is about a secret underground hidden veiled conspiracy..

It's a very well made movie, and every scene is important. The answers to why a pyramid with an eye have already been shown earlier.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by Razimus
 


Nnngh, really. If a global secret society consipiring to rule the world and exterminate us peasants, do you really think they'd be inserting their symbols into pop culture? That would sort of defeat the concept of a secret society, I think.


Not if somebody was wanting you to pay attention. Remember sheep must be lead not shoved silly.

What the symbol means to you is "secret society" which is what they were going for, but does this then mean that there is no conspiracy to rule a world, to rule the soul, to rule the 5th dimension?? I think NOT... Hehe my eyes are on the 7th.
edit on 10/18/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival


But there are a few references to the Illuminati in the movie....some subtle and some not.

The reference to Rand is in the plot. The old man that Chance befriends has the sirname Rand
and owns a huge corporation....could be a subtle reference to Rand Corp...?

Good movie though, definitely worth a watch...


Good catch, but I wouldn't call that subtle..



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad
 


Yea, maybe not subtle, but it was a short book before it was a movie. So you the author would
be to blame not hollywood

I'm fifty and I remember this from my school days....last time I watched it I thought of Sarah Palin LOL

...course she's WAY hotter than Peter Sellers



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf
 

It's called a stick in the eye.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The source book is worth a read to better understand where the world being depicted came from, and thus why it would be utilized and "visualized" by the film industry with all of its particular structure and organization the way it was.

It is not saying "we the people" are dumb. At least not in a way that any honestly self aware person would disagree with or find insulting.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle
[moreThe body is the temple and can only be honored as that, we are taught to honor man and his bodies as gods. But this is a wrong turn and what you say is right.




posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien
 


Yes, too obvious. Obviously They know we know, and they just don't care... in fact, it's as if they encourage us to know. Which means there is a problem, because no one encourage people to know if you have a scret to hide.



posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001
 

We are the "entertainment".



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by swan001
 

We are the "entertainment".


You are entertaining, but I assure you they don't give a _______......

I don't either..

Can you guys stop being so desperate.

I have given you all you need to know. Live your life, and, live your death for YOU..

Anyone who wishes to control 3D is a weak little piece.

Don't worry about those guys.

I look at them like slugs. They aren't even worthy of entertainment.

I don't blame them either. It's kind of like getting mad at your little sister for eating all your cereal.. There is no point, the cereal is gone. It's time to move past cereal.

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions. Your life is your fault.


May Luck and life and happiness befall you all...



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad
 


Hi Dustytoad.
You probably know what my problem is already.
I'm female.

Therefore I will never enjoy access to the knowledge men have --
and it doesn't matter if I've saved lives, it doesn't matter if I've gone to war,
or even seen the future.

My progress will be bounded on all sides by ritual, superstition, and bigotry.

I am sure all "charitable organizations" know precisely what to say in public, but what of the things which are not public? Like the Grove. Like the Lodge. The HOLY OF HOLIES that is defiled by jokes, jests, and the presence of the unworthy.

I guess I don't understand Freemasonry because I was not invited;
but it doesn't matter that women didn't invite abuse, we receive plenty of that.

Where is the knowledge, huh?
The temple of the moon is where I get mine,
the sun can have my footprints



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
reply to post by Dustytoad
 


Hi Dustytoad.
You probably know what my problem is already.



I am sorry you feel this way.

I am NOT (nor ever was) in any society.
It may interest you to know that one of the women in my family was in the "Eastern Star" freemasonry group
(I think that's what it's called)...

It could have been something else then star.. I really can't remember.

Even if we disagree we can still respect each other.

I am no misogynist.. I am a sensitive guy, with a loving girlfriend and a little awesome 20lb kitty.
I mean come on I am a Cancer Moon sign with Scorpio as my sun. I am emotional to say the least.

I have certain views upon "meeting" with God, but I don't think I am special.

I hope our discussion continues in more creative ways.


By the way knowledge is on the internet and in books. If you don't look for it as I have you will not have it.
My main secret is Meditation...
edit on 10/19/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
The source book is worth a read to better understand where the world being depicted came from, and thus why it would be utilized and "visualized" by the film industry with all of its particular structure and organization the way it was.

It is not saying "we the people" are dumb. At least not in a way that any honestly self aware person would disagree with or find insulting.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)


Yes.

Exactly.

If anything this is a message to those reading this topic:

It is YOUR choice what you know these days. What do you wish to know? It's all yours for the taking.





new topics
top topics
 
12
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join