It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions: Best Browser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
why does everyone hate on ie?

Because it's from Microsoft, that's enough for many people.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by Klassified

a quick google say's alot of people have the same problem, for a long time, which i guess means i need too update something.but (EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE)
oh well i'll just use ie. ie handles jave and flash better imo.
also i never see (not responding) with ie.
why does everyone hate on ie?

For some people, Armap's post would be true. For me, it's because I've been in the computer industry long before most people knew what one was. Internet Explorer has been buggy and problematic since day one. For reasons I won't bore you with here. Still, I have to give credit where it's due. Windows 7, and IE9 may be the best Microsoft has ever released publicly. I'm hoping IE10 builds on that more than it has to this point.

I have found when people start having issues with Browsers, even IE in many cases, the problem is with their computer, not the browser.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
As a web developer I have all major browser installed on my computer and here is my list with comments:

Firefox: simply the best, I use a Firefox built named Aurora but is the same as Firefox.

Chrome: very fast in navigation, but it has some problem in downloading files, sometimes stuck and it is irritating.

Chromium: Chrome father, Chrome source code is based on this one.

Opera: Opera is a web browser not so common used but it is pretty smart, it is a valid alternative to Firefox.

IE: everyone should stop to use it, but that is my opinion based on development compatibility.

Safari: slow on non-mac computer, not to consider.

I've read someone talked about anonimity.
You can use TOR Browser, based on Firefox it is a valid anonimous browser, but I wouldn't use it for sensible operations due to it's architecture. For more exlanation see TOR Project.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Firefox is my standard browser and IE is my back up. I have used chrome and I must say it's a fine browser but I'm used to Firefox so I stick with it. I love Firefox because of all the add ons. And IE I dunno, something in me likes microsoft a little bit.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

the fox, chrome is satan.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Many people may not agree with me but I like to use IE and Firefox. I use IE8 as I still use XP and I plan to continue to use XP as long as it is still supported as I like to say if it is not broken then dont fix it and XP works fine for me!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jroduk
Many people may not agree with me but I like to use IE and Firefox.

From an end user point of view I like IE, never had any problems with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I personally use Firefox and have ever since a friend recommended it about 8 years ago. You will get the occasional compatibility/rendering issue, but overall it is a fantastic browser.

If you would like to try one that has not been mentioned yet, I recommend Avant Browser which is another quality browser.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
both firefox and chrome are good, tho i prefer firefox.....

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
[color=fuchsia]this one is a nice, lightweight, portable browser you can use from a flash drive..

www.qtweb.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join