It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the deal with the SU47?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ur posting shows ur ignorance www.aviationnow.com... ew%3Dstory%26id%3Dnews%2F02145p04.xml

hacking in and changin info is already here for fighters and aircraft

hpm weapons are here www.jinsa.org...
www.aviationnow.com... ew%3Dstory%26id%3Dnews%2F05305p02.xml

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
engineer, u do know that there are threedifferent frequencies that rdar can operate, i'm not really competely sure because i haven't studied this myself, but i saw someone on these forums talking about it, well, there's a high frequency and a low frequecy and a medium frequency too

u can set the radars to different frequency's, now, if u put it at the large frequency, its the most innacuarate, but i think it has ht longest range, then medium, many scientists say that if u switch the rdar to medium, u'll have a lower range, but will be better able to react to stealthy aircraft, and the low frequency(or band, it might be called band)u can see stelth aircraft relatively esayily, but the range is even shorter

also, i think that all these tests and the claims made by Lockheed about its incredibly stealth features is BS, they say all this junk jus to get more money for the project, but i am sure that the F-22 is telathy, but not as stealthy as everyone says, invisible my ass lol, sry couldn't help myself

no, just no, the radar on the F-15 isn't the best, that american bravado again, lol, i have heard multiple times that russian aircraft radar is the bet, by many agencies and tings like that, oh wait, i jus remembered, the radar thats on the MiG 1.42, can engage 20 targets suimultaneously and can track i think it was 36,i don't know, i'll try to find the site

tootles

Actually, for the same power output, high frequency radar will have the shortest range but the highest accuracy. It allows very accurate tracking of aircraft from the ground. Low frequency has better range but doesnt provide much information. Its simply not possibly to be stealthy against all frequencies so because high frequency radar is the norm nowadays (and also because its pretty much impossible to be stealthy against very low frequencies) thats what stealth aircraft are designed to be effective against. However, older low frequency radars wont have any trouble finding them. Perhaps this is why we never send in "stealth" aircraft without first taking out enemy radars.

While you should always be a bit wary of what you read on Wikipedia.com, this page will give you a reasonably good primer on stealth technology and a rough idea of what it can and cannot do.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-3-2006 by orca71]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
ur posting shows ur ignorance

The 1st and 3rd links aren't working for me.

From the 2nd link:

Though most defense officials and industry leaders state that directed energy weapons will not likely see operational status for four to five years, there is mounting evidence that the United States is pushing hard to procure a large number of systems in case of a near-term conflict with Iraq. In such a conflict, DEWs could see widespread use, destroying command, control and communication (C3) networks and causing power interruptions - effectively part of a major evolutionary step of the network-centric strategy that employed high-tech power and communications disruption techniques, first introduced during Operation Desert Storm, more than a decade ago.

Ahem....

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

Originally posted by urmomma158
ur posting shows ur ignorance

The 1st and 3rd links aren't working for me.

From the 2nd link:

Though most defense officials and industry leaders state that directed energy weapons will not likely see operational status for four to five years, there is mounting evidence that the United States is pushing hard to procure a large number of systems in case of a near-term conflict with Iraq. In such a conflict, DEWs could see widespread use, destroying command, control and communication (C3) networks and causing power interruptions - effectively part of a major evolutionary step of the network-centric strategy that employed high-tech power and communications disruption techniques, first introduced during Operation Desert Storm, more than a decade ago.

Ahem....

the article was written before the iraq war in 2003 its now 2006 just gotta wait 2 more years raytheon is bulinding a HPM weapon its basically just alarge AESA 2 more years isnt much u sed it would take 20 years so in a way yea................ i figured out whats rong with the link if u look closely at one the entire link isnt in hyperlink text form [edit on 9-3-2006 by urmomma158]

[edit on 9-3-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Still no luck for me on the links, copied and pasted into address bar and aviation week still says: "you've reached this page in an error".

As for the HPM weapons on an aircraft, seeing is believing...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

its in here just check it out theyve tested the HPM capabilites against missiles and it works it has less technical issues than lasers and will be here sonner u sed they would be here in 20 years but in actually it wil be here in 3 years according to the sorces they're closer than u think

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ground tests and AESA radars are one thing.

Generating the power on a fighter aircraft to achieve the full HPM effect is quite another.

But you are right, it will be here sooner than I said earlier, just not in a couple of years.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Generating the power on a fighter aircraft to achieve the full HPM effect is quite another.

But you are right, it will be here sooner than I said earlier, just not in a couple of years.

they're already testing it out on large AWCS plane the E 10 but ur right fighter planes maybenot yet but were not talkin about a laser in the air atmospheric stuff wont affect hpm or emp weapons it would complement ABL's quite well an even better layered protection

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by orca71
... However, older low frequency radars wont have any trouble finding them. Perhaps this is why we never send in "stealth" aircraft without first taking out enemy radars.

Maybe they forgot some radar's. Go to museum page.

www.yumodel.co.yu...

American's fly with F-117 but Serb's allready put that plane in museum JOKE (no hard fillings).

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serbian_SPIRIT

Originally posted by orca71
... However, older low frequency radars wont have any trouble finding them. Perhaps this is why we never send in "stealth" aircraft without first taking out enemy radars.

Maybe they forgot some radar's. Go to museum page.

www.yumodel.co.yu...

American's fly with F-117 but Serb's allready put that plane in museum JOKE (no hard fillings).

ur link makes no sense where are links talking abou the radars you were tkin about its a link of old airplanes

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

they had a 500 pund system generate a whole lot of gigawatts the only problem with fighter is the size of the radar limits the beam not in but i think it has to do with angle of attack the power requirements are here but samll AESAá int capable thats what big AESA like on AWACS are for th power thing is in my link i posted unfortunately it doesnt woirk for u
o well still gotta love the idea though

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"It has been my humble impression, from both personal experience (research, more or less) and from the posts, that dogfights are not really an important part of aviation combat. Mainly because it's hard to get into one before either getting a kill or becoming one. Current tech has made dogfight capability great for bragging rights (India vs Us 9 to 1, lol) but other than that (Us vs India, wins vs nuclear wasteland, in a real combat scenario). Although it does look cool. also in the field of aviation obsolescence railguns with advanced enough targeting will be able to shoot down any aircraft that can be detected at ridiculous range (pre-threat)."

Wrong. Under actual large scale engagements in heavy ECM, modern SAM sites etc, the concept of pure BVR rail gun laser beam etc is a dream pitched by defense industry salesman.

"Yes, I agree that modern jet fighters would never end up dogfighting, and if so it would be in very limited terms. Most US fighters, the Tomcat for example, have an extreme advantage in their missiles, like the Phoenix missile. Its got longer range then most MiGs!
So even if the Russians build a better dogfighter, I think the US will still have the advantage because of long range missile technology."

Wrong, MiG-31 is the current undisputed king of long range interceptors. Look it up.

sminkeypinkey is correct, but it's all about the "usable" maneuverability envelopes, and there's a lot of unexplored room there.

American Mad Man is wrong on all counts.

Seekerof is wrong, "will continue to be prototypes and test bed" they are not, but combat ready, fully functional units, competing for serial production.

longbow is wrong, ALL modern missiles are avoidable by properly implemented defensive measures.

American Mad Man is wrong again, and it's turning into a pattern, put your self together Mt. Man.

SiberianTiger is wrong, yet funny.

Kenshin is correct, considering Russian underground manufacturing capacity, the scale of which is largely unknown, God knows what they could be building, and how many.

JamesBlonde is absolutely correct, glad to see you.

roniii259 is wrong, relying on Intelgirl as an authority on the topic is questionable.

longbow is correct here "Uhm, no. Actually in stealth VS stealth case the dogfight is the highest possibility."

orca71 is correct.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealth Spy

I never heard about the JSF having a LAMS. They only put those things on navy boats, as an experimental replacement for the abso-#ing-lutely ridiculous Phalanx gun. Link to the source? Seems more likely that the F-22 would have a LAMS than the F-35, considering it's the air superiority fighter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join