Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Top SA banker plunges to death in London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
little insight why the first idea was dissmissed and why we have this current building

these are comments by HRH prince charles

One Poultry, London
WHAT THE PRINCE SAID: In the same 'carbuncle' speech the Prince burned his friendship with polo pal Peter (now Lord) Palumbo by criticising his plans, devised by German-born modernist Mies van der Rohe, for a skyscraper to replace the Victorian Mappin & Webb building. "It would be a tragedy if the character and skyline of our capital city were to be further ruined and St Paul's dwarfed by yet another giant glass stump, better suited to downtown Chicago than the City of London," said the Prince.

WHAT HAPPENED: A hollow victory for HRH. The plans were abandoned, only to be replaced by a design by Sir James Stirling that Charles later said "looks rather like an old 1930s wireless". Lord Palumbo, who became chairman of the Arts Council, responded: "I can only say God bless the Prince of Wales, and God save us from his architectural judgment."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
This is BS, somebody needs to watch these bankers and DO NOT let them kill themselves. They are responsible for the destruction of freedom and prosperity. These men and women need to be watched, jailed, and left to rot in their cells for all eternity. Well, keep an eye out for suspicious banker deaths over the next few months.

No bankers, you may not take the easy way out, you must pay for your crimes like anybody else would.

I'm ok with them dying. I don't care one bit if they rot in a cell forever or if they jump to it -- as long as they're not around any more to do more of the same.

Although arrests would prompt more to do something about it. A few leaps won't do anything to scare the rest of the egomaniacs in those positions.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What you call the banker that plunged into his death in London?

A good beginning.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

You are absolutely amazing! You should become a researcher (if not one already).

Thanks for your posts - they have definitely added quality to this thread and lots of food for thought.

Interesting history, and one that I wasn't even remotely aware of. The shape of the building really irks me - and the photo of the half-built building taken from a top angle that you have posted earlier is no exception. It's the triangles... those darn triangles...

Whatever the reasons are for the strange happenings there, I think it is safe to say that there has been enough strife and discordance on that site and associated with that building to have generated some sort of 'off' energy - if you get my drift... Whether that energy is perpetuating and pushing itself through to emotionally disturbed individuals, or whether that site has been set up as a sacrificial monument is anyone's guess.

The whole set of circumstances remain mighty peculiar to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
What you call the banker that plunged into his death in London?

A good beginning.

You remind me of my English teacher. He told me not to write in such a way that people were disgusted.
I asked him what he meant. He said, for example, one would not describe a suicide as follows:

"he hit the pavement and splattered like a garbage ball full of vegetable soup"

my high school teacher actually said that in class... epic lols

That aside, I feel bad for anyone who jumps. I've thought of going that way. It's the way I know I could manage.
Except the GD city I live in put up these huuuuuge fences on our bridges because sooo many had the same idea. Can you believe it? It's like Revelation where people seek death and don't find it.

Pray for meh LOL

P.S. another funny/horrific story.

At a 4th of July concert with ELO and CHarlie Daniels, etc. in Ashland KY some years back, by the Ohio river...
a jumper held up the concert for like half an hour.
By the end of the first 20 minutes, the crowd started yelling "JUMP! JUMP JUMP!"

It was effing HORRIBLE to hear that. OMFG.

I think the cops got him down, BUT... they had the search boats down there already......... oops
edit on 19-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I remember the first suicide from that restaurant at the start of the current financial crisis about four years ago. I think the first guy (also a banker) landed on a bus. It is a bit weird they are choosing this place, because it's only a few stories high. I've been to the restaurant before, the food wasn't particularly special (not worth killing yourself over).

As thePharaoh said, the site of this restaurant goes back at least 2000 years in history to the Roman settlement of London. The building is built right on the bank of an underground river called the Walbrook.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Romans built an underground temple to Mithras right about where the restaurant is:
en.wikipedia.org...

You can see the red and yellow bricks of the restaurant building in the background, taken from the place where they've currently put the temple (they moved it for construction work)

en.wikipedia.org...

The Mithraic Mysteries were a mystery religion practiced in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to 4th centuries AD. The name of the Persian god Mithra, adapted into Greek as Mithras, was linked to a new and distinctive imagery. Romans also called the religion Mysteries of Mithras or Mysteries of the Persians; modern historians refer to it as Mithraism,[1] or sometimes Roman Mithraism.[2][3] The mysteries were popular in the Roman military.[4]

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
cmon you lot....this is ATS!

yeah this is ATS - how come everybody's instantly believing the initial mainstream report an not questioning whether it's foul play??

wait .. am I on ATS?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

thanx mate...i found some very interesting things in that link, that really begins to put things in place

between ancient Egypts fall...and the birth if the roman empire.......we had the persian empire

a few things that really made my eyes open were:

"Nevertheless, it is clear from the archeology of numerous Mithraea that most rituals were associated with feasting – as eating utensils and food residues are almost invariably found."

hmmmm

Worshippers of Mithras had a complex system of seven grades of initiation, with ritual meals. Initiates called themselves syndexioi, those "united by the handshake". They met in underground temples (called mithraea), "

The iconic scenes of Mithras show him being born from a rock, slaughtering a bull, and sharing a banquet with the god Sol (the Sun).

sharing a meal with the sun?
thats is probably why the restaurant is on the roof!

Iranian "Mithra" and Sanskrit "Mitra" are believed to come from an Indo-Iranian word mitra meaning "contract, agreement, covenant"."

"For their feasts, Mithraic initiates reclined on stone benches arranged along the longer sides of the Mithraeum – typically there might be room for 15–30 diners, but very rarely many more than 40 men.[63] Counterpart dining rooms, or triclinia were to be found above ground in the precincts of almost any temple or religious sanctuary in the Roman empire, and such rooms were commonly used for their regular feasts by Roman 'clubs', or collegia. Mithraic feasts probably performed a very similar function for Mithraists as the collegia did for those entitled to join them"

ok...now it gets interesting

" In standard pattern Roman religious precincts, the temple building functioned as a house for the god; who was intended to be able to view through the opened doors and columnar portico, sacrificial worship being offered on an altar set in an open courtyard; potentially accessible not only to initiates of the cult, but also to colitores or non-initiated worshippers"

"The initiate into each grade appears to have required to undertake a specific ordeal or test,[86] involving exposure to heat, cold or threatened peril"

"The initiates held a sacramental banquet, replicating the feast of Mithras and So"

was this an inititiation gone wrong????
well if it is religous architecture...and its a mithraeium then there is something we can look for:

In every Mithraeum the centrepiece was a representation of Mithras killing a sacred bull; the so-called tauroctony"

has anyone been there...is there a centerpiece of a bull being slaughtered?

"The event takes place in a cavern, into which Mithras has carried the bull, after having hunted it, ridden it and overwhelmed its strength.[36] Sometimes the cavern is surrounded by a circle, on which the twelve signs of the zodiac appear. Outside the cavern, top left, is Sol the sun"

looking at the aerial view...maybe this is true!

all above from : en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well personally, when I top myself I'd rather jump from height than risk taking pills and SURVIVING. Maybe just maybe that was his thought too?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
look at this view from the building 1poultry

this is part of the famous square mile...

that silver "djed" pillar looking building is the new Rothchild HQ
wtf is that eerie looking church...and that black building sucking the energy
also can you see that temple in the distance left

i also looked at images of the internal architecture...how can people that work there not know that its a temple.

in the lower basement is a pub called the green man!...is that like a reference to the dead king/osiris?
this place is deep

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i tried to find that church on streetview....and its impossible

the street is closed....also its not listed as a church.....irritating

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

i tried to find that church on streetview....and its impossible

the street is closed....also its not listed as a church.....irritating

It's St Stephen's on Walbrook. hard to find yes. Designed by Christopher Wren:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The title of this thread made me LOL. That isn't like me, but I guess I have become corrupted by the stink of humanity. Then again, why should I feel bad when they would probably pay a subscription to watch the 99% commit suicide.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

i was obsessed with Master Wren for a few weeks last year...
His St. Paul's of London had my eye just before Occupy got nasty..
funny how St. Paul's in 3 diff cities was focus of OCCUPY protests.

HMMMMM something is amiss in this sea of fish...

HEY PHARAOH!!!!! You are also researching Djed?
I couldn't stop thinking of DJED a year and a half ago weird huh?
Some kind of warnin lol
edit on 20-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

cmon you lot....this is ATS!

i guess its up to me to wave the flag...strap in

sept 2012
"They are calling it the 'curse' of the Coq D'Argent, the popular French restaurant in the heart of London's financial district, where a third City professional jumped to her death Tuesday evening, from the roof terrace to the ground some 80 feet below. This is the third suicide from the same spot in the last 5 years."

well, now i guess its the 4th suicide....

Give that man a star.
I was wondering if there was more to it but you got there before I even finished reading all of the posts.
I don't believe in curses though.
I'm thinking murders.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

If they don't get their just desserts here...they're going to get them over there...especially when ou commit suicide.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
maybe he slipped
maybe he was pushed
maybe he was abused as a child
maybe he was a drug addict
maybe his love has turned to hate

look in the mirror if you are happy he died just because it was reported (for sensationalism and profit) that he was a banker

feel good ?

how sad

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

that church looks so beautiful inside...londons architecture is amazing...you can spend all day looking if you knew the history. i think the arcitects did well capturing the history....thumbs up from me

just what to do about these people diving off those...erm...dive boards

as for this case

its weird because the rooftop is closed during the winter....makes it even more mysterious

the right hand side of my brain says...... these lot need to find a more discreter place for their initiations....central london should be left for the "eliter" ......if thats a word lol

edit on 20-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
look at this

the man (rip)....fell down the atrium....thats the central hole, the triangular part

the temple building functioned as a house for the god; who was intended to be able to view through the opened doors and columnar portico, sacrificial worship being offered on an altar set in an open courtyard;

so the sun was their god....and the open plan, with the artirum...is so that the suns rays can see/penerate the building...

now... between 12 pm and 1 am.....the suns rays point directly down the artrium...penetrating straight down/into the building

this is the high point of any egyptian, greek or roman temple...or any temple to the sun...

is it mysterious that the "suicide" took place at 12:40 pm, when the sun points directly down the "tunnel" the man fell into??????????

"The event takes place in a cavern, into which Mithras has carried the bull, after having hunted it, ridden it and overwhelmed its strength.

Sometimes the cavern is surrounded by a circle, on which the twelve signs of the zodiac appear. Outside the cavern, top left, is Sol the sun"

i can definatly see the circle
i can see 12 canopys/umbrellas
and the sun...is present

and does the restaurant itself, on the right, look like an altar?

sacrificial worship being offered on an altar set in an open courtyard

most rituals were associated with feasting

sharing a banquet with the god Sol (the Sun).

"The initiate into each grade appears to have required to undertake a specific ordeal or test,[86] involving exposure to heat, cold or threatened peril"

seeing as the open part is closed during winter.....

is there anything to this?..or shall i leave it

peace
edit on 22-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
look at these

www.dailymail.co.uk...

we got a restaurant on the top floor....and restaurants on the bottom floor...like mithareums are meant to have

cmon, its a mithraeum....
its circumstantial i know....but that dude was probably taking part in an initiation...maybe

to fall and "make it" into the "lobby".... the man needed to fall directly in the middle to make it to the ground floor, to get past the narrow triangle at the bottom

that would mean.....if you look at the top right of this picture you can see....what looks here like a divong board.....this is the restaurant......like i said before.....could it be used as an altar for sacrifice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join