Top SA banker plunges to death in London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Very interesting looking building, if you had said that was a bank, I would've believed you. As I scrolled down and then saw it from above, I tried to fight it but that damn conspiracy nut in me started screaming 'Aaaaahhhhhh O M G!!! Look at the TRIANGLES!!!!'

After beating that thought into submission, I then calmly looked a little closer, thinking about Screwed's post about sacrifice etc and your previous post about the history and decided that if you rotated the picture 90 degrees to the left, it looked like a humanoid figure with a giant gaping mouth. Hmmm ... still pondering that one ...

When I saw the third picture (I didn't watch the opening ceremony, but I'm thinking maybe I should), I was drawn to the way the 'lines' of the hedges would intersect with the edge of the building and I couldn't help thinking of this. Like I said, an interesting building ...

As for the banker, well at least he didn't kill anyone else by landing on them and his children have my sympathies, but I don't really care, you make your own bed so you can't complain if it's lumpy!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

You know what confuses me?

Why pick this method?

Who in their right mind decides to kill themselves like that? Okay, he obviously wasn't in his "right mind" so to speak, but why not go home, get drunk, listen to your favourite CD and pop some pills?

IMO, people who jump from tall buildings are either pushed (because we have a natural instinct against falling. It's like trying to drown yourself) or they experience a massive shock that causes a genuine insanity. I can understand that happening in an office, looking at a computer screen as all your investments collapse and you loose everything, but in a restaurant?

This just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not saying he was pushed, but given that we have an instinctual trigger to prevent throwing ourselves from high things, and given that he didn't seem to have an obvious emotional problem, this reeks of shenanigans.

I think it would be wise to watch the numbers...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Tell me these are possibles reasons and not excuses.
Financial crash, tormented by industry(evil damn industry), and ambitious parents and teachers.
You don't contribute to that excuse mentality , but it sure is prevalent in our (modern) language.
Young adults have been taught well?
Blaming others is the slowest path to maturity,
even while analyzing this tragedy.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
cmon you lot....this is ATS!

i guess its up to me to wave the flag...strap in

ok.....

"Nico Lambrechts, 46, fell through the atrium in front of horrified lunchtime diners and shoppers at No 1 Poultry, the building that houses Sir Terence Conran's exclusive Coq d'Argent restaurant"

anyone see anything here??....no!

ok then.......last month:

sept 2012:
"The London Evening Standard reports that a businesswoman plunged to her death from the rooftop restaurant in front of more than a hundred people."

what restaurant....yep you guessed it, the Coq d'Argent restaurant

so what you say....2 deaths in 2 months...

ok

sept 2012
"They are calling it the 'curse' of the Coq D'Argent, the popular French restaurant in the heart of London's financial district, where a third City professional jumped to her death Tuesday evening, from the roof terrace to the ground some 80 feet below. This is the third suicide from the same spot in the last 5 years."

well, now i guess its the 4th suicide....

i thank you

*****putting down ATS flag*******

hereisthecity.com...

edit on 18-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Bad french food................

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

You know what confuses me?

Why pick this method?

Who in their right mind decides to kill themselves like that? Okay, he obviously wasn't in his "right mind" so to speak, but why not go home, get drunk, listen to your favourite CD and pop some pills?

IMO, people who jump from tall buildings are either pushed (because we have a natural instinct against falling. It's like trying to drown yourself) or they experience a massive shock that causes a genuine insanity. I can understand that happening in an office, looking at a computer screen as all your investments collapse and you loose everything, but in a restaurant?

This just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not saying he was pushed, but given that we have an instinctual trigger to prevent throwing ourselves from high things, and given that he didn't seem to have an obvious emotional problem, this reeks of shenanigans.

I think it would be wise to watch the numbers...

Who knows what his connection with the restaurant is or was.

Maybe he enjoyed a few stiff drinks to fortify himself for the jump - stranger things have happened.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I couldn't agree more!

Jumping off a building only to pull a couple of Gs and ending up as a pretty messed-up bundle in plain sight of people eating in a restaurant seems a 'very undignified way of going'. It seems to go against our basic programming, and choosing that manner to die just doesn't make any sense to me!

There are easier (and cleaner) ways of doing it. But who knows - maybe he had a drink, felt he needed to do it now without the possible recourse that going home, listening to music and popping some pills would offer. Perhaps he knew that facing the place where his family lives would steer him away from making any such decision.

It still remains very strange in my mind.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Very eerie! Lots of symbolism contained within that building's design.

You did mention earlier that the ' church was destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666'... 666 much? What an unholy year in which the church was destroyed. Almost sounds eerily... supernatural... or sacrificial... or somethin'...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

its more of an open temple

im begining to realise that this is a religion....it needs the respect of one

peace
edit on 19-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

thats what made me notice....does noone do bridges anymore lol.....maybe someone took a large loan out in his name, then spiked his drink....they always seem to have a drink just before they jump

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
There could be a bunch of reasons why somebody would walk from their office and then jump off a building to their death.....But it is easy to imagine that this banker was involved in something and realized that he was going to take the fall for his bosses, so he figured it was better to take the fall from a tall building, than in court, where he would surely be sent to jail.

These guys do not go to jail...'they' invented a scapegoat for their 'mistakes': the third party..the bank.

sec.line

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

if you flip it 90 degrees....it looks like a pyramid with an eye.....just past the eye and the peak..is the bank of england

so i dont hijack the thread i`l stop here

peace

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Researching the Conran family, there's one little thing niggling me. And if anyone can lay this niggle to rest, it would be much appreciated.

Sir Terence's youngest son Edmund, or Ned as he's known...In 2001 he went missing during a case where he was accused of sexually assaulting an american tourist. He denied these allegations and failed to turn up for sentencing. I can find very little, except that he was 29 then (just past the 4th "age of enlightenment") and apparently suffered mental illness. Seems like he was the blacksheep of the family, but he's got me intrigued, shining in his absence.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

Edmund? Ned?

i know there is one called jasper...he seems a cool fellow....

there is an issue with the mother i think...one sec..

i found a site that said the sons are jasper and sebastian.....so who the F is edmund?

"“It's difficult being the child of a living god and having to carve out your own place in life,” he said in 2009.

“For some reason everyone expected us to become drug-addled dropouts by the time we were 18.”

Mrs Conran has dedicated the reissue of her racy bestseller, which was first published 30 years ago, to her sons Jasper and Sebastian."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

hold up..found it.....i think this is why he is labelled nutty....and kinda the black sheep.....damage limitations

www.standard.co.uk...

and

www.dailymail.co.uk...

he was probably drinking that same wine lol....the one with 12% tiger blood lol

im confused ...this time the mother and brother are called "Lady Caroline Conran and brother Tom"
i cant keep up with the rich and their lifestyles...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Oh please - hijack is such a strong word! I prefer calling it 'participating actively and meaningfully in a thread as per my invitation'.

Please do continue!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thanks for that, Pharoah. Can't find the dates on those pages, and it's probably nothing...just me seeking another conspiracy
Just that some things don't make much sense regarding Neddy. I always wonder, when rich people have a relative they hide in the closet.

Sorry to be going "off-topic" OP.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Im not sure why but it does look masonic in a way or ancient egyptian, i like the diving boards on top though, nice touch.
I used to go past this building everyday never could afford lunch there, maybe they'll "drop" their prices
Very good star and flag for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Who did he have dinner with???

and did they tell him "you are fired!"
and Then keep Quiet about it all.

or maybe they told him that He is going to take the Fall,
for the company.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Wonder why there is no CCTV footage of him be for he jumped.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i got some more info...

"The biggest, and probably the most expensive excavation ever to have taken place in Roman London was this site at Number 1, Poultry.

The site was a controversial one. It was assembled, building by building by Lord Palumbo, who wanted to pull down the Victorian buildings and replace them by a skyscraper designed by Mies van der Rohe. Controversy rumbled on for years, until finally he was allowed to demolish the Victorian buildings, but he was not allowed to have his skyscraper, but instead a lower and arguably rather less distinguished building, which nevertheless has become one of the most sought-after prestige buildings in the City.

But it led to the excavation of a crucial area of the Roman city."

"Here we see the entire excavated area. At the far apex of the triangle is the ‘centre’ of the City of London, with the Bank of England just hidden on the left, and the Mansion House on the right.
To the left is Cheapside, here known by its ancient name of Poultry, while the street to the right is Queen Victoria Street.
To make matters more difficult for the archaeologists, underground railways run under both streets."

archaeologists had to excavate while the new building was being erected above them, and underground trains rumbled behind the shuttering to the right.

www.archaeology.co.uk...

so this sites relevance goes back 2000 years....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join