It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top SA banker plunges to death in London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Top SA banker plunges to death in London

www.news24.com

London - A top South African-born investment banker who worked in London jumped to his death last week from the top of an upmarket restaurant in the English capital, UK media reported on Thursday.

Nico Lambrechts, 46, took a short walk from his office to the exclusive Coq d'Argent restaurant and then plunged down the building’s atrium, the Daily Mail reported.

Lambrechts worked as an investment analyst for Investec Asset Management and previously worked for Merrill Lynch.

Neighbours told UK newspapers they were mystified as to why the man with the seemingly perfect life would kill
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Daily Mail article
edit on 18/10/2012 by shimmeringsilver73 because: Second link displayed a bit weird...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When bankers commit suicide...

I could not help but feel rather unsettled when I read the news that was reported this morning about this top South African banker (working in London), who committed suicide last week.

Did he in fact commit suicide due to a pressing personal issue? Or is the real scope and implication of the so-called impending global financial crash the reason that he just could not face life anymore? If the latter scenario is the case, I do feel rather uneasy about venturing into 2013...

Or shall we further speculate and put on our tinfoil hats? Did he in fact commit suicide, or was he given a polite shove from above...? He was after all just 'taking a short walk from his office to the exclusive Coq d'Argent restaurant'...

www.news24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18/10/2012 by shimmeringsilver73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/10/2012 by shimmeringsilver73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is BS, somebody needs to watch these bankers and DO NOT let them kill themselves. They are responsible for the destruction of freedom and prosperity. These men and women need to be watched, jailed, and left to rot in their cells for all eternity. Well, keep an eye out for suspicious banker deaths over the next few months.

No bankers, you may not take the easy way out, you must pay for your crimes like anybody else would.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Not to be off topic, But I too heard the pole shift could scramble our brains.. Lol now I'm not trying to say it's true but could that really happen? Should we really have tinfoil hats on?

Could this be the cause of something like that?

However the guy apparently lost all his assets.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

He does look like a nice guy. Maybe he was one of the rare ones - he had a conscience and felt tormented by his industry? Who knows? I'm sure that not all bankers are born evil
- sometimes people are unhappily forced into careers by ambitious parents or teachers that saw their potential in maths or accounting or whatever they are good at...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

. . . exclusive Coq d'Argent restaurant and then plunged down the building’s atrium . . .

Lucky guy could die in a nice spot, wonder if he hit a palm tree on the way down.
Just saying.
Most people do not have the luxury and wind up landing on a dumpster in an alley.
edit on 18-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well, that's one down.........

No, I'm not joking.
These scum sucking parasites need to exit our planet immediately in any way possible.
Buhh bye,
Not a tear in my eye.
We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

It is all good and well to go on about how evil and corrupt politicians, bankers, and cops are but then people want to gather round and feel sorry for one of these POS when they die. These people are actively playing a part in enslaving humanity people.

I feel about Bankers the way Bill Hicks feels about Advertising and Marketing. They both need to go bye bye.

Buhhh bye,
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There could be a bunch of reasons why somebody would walk from their office and then jump off a building to their death.....But it is easy to imagine that this banker was involved in something and realized that he was going to take the fall for his bosses, so he figured it was better to take the fall from a tall building, than in court, where he would surely be sent to jail.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He lost everything so he commits suicide? I guess this goes to proving people wrong that say "OH these people can lose everything ten times over and they will get it all back and still end up being successful"
Doesn't look like he was smart enough to even try.

You know what I am also living proof against this beleif they will always get it back and that working class people aren't able to, I have lost everything ten times over and have gotten it back...I am not overly wealthy I am just working class and yet I have done it gotten everything I lost back and sometimes even more. So I guess that I am an enigma?
edit on 18-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 18-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: add a word to clarify

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You're right, they aren't allowed to commit suicide, we have to enjoy watching them suffer. Then we can put them out on the street without a cent as homeless people with a mark on their forehead..

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
cmon you lot....this is ATS!

i guess its up to me to wave the flag...strap in

ok.....

"Nico Lambrechts, 46, fell through the atrium in front of horrified lunchtime diners and shoppers at No 1 Poultry, the building that houses Sir Terence Conran's exclusive Coq d'Argent restaurant"

anyone see anything here??....no!

ok then.......last month:

sept 2012:
"The London Evening Standard reports that a businesswoman plunged to her death from the rooftop restaurant in front of more than a hundred people."

what restaurant....yep you guessed it, the Coq d'Argent restaurant

so what you say....2 deaths in 2 months...

ok

sept 2012
"They are calling it the 'curse' of the Coq D'Argent, the popular French restaurant in the heart of London's financial district, where a third City professional jumped to her death Tuesday evening, from the roof terrace to the ground some 80 feet below. This is the third suicide from the same spot in the last 5 years."

well, now i guess its the 4th suicide....

i thank you

*****putting down ATS flag*******

hereisthecity.com...

edit on 18-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
This is BS, somebody needs to watch these bankers and DO NOT let them kill themselves. They are responsible for the destruction of freedom and prosperity. These men and women need to be watched, jailed, and left to rot in their cells for all eternity. Well, keep an eye out for suspicious banker deaths over the next few months.

No bankers, you may not take the easy way out, you must pay for your crimes like anybody else would.

Investment bankers need to be chained to their chairs...touche~

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
so if that above has marinated....look at this...the rabbit hole gets deeper!

"Coq d'Argent is built on the site of an ancient burial ground where for centuries hundreds of corpses of affluent Londoners were buried in shallow graves.

In the 11th Century it was the Church of St Benet Sherehog attended by wealthy wool merchants.

The church was so small that there was no room for a burial yard so parishioners were laid to rest beneath the floor. Getting a patch of earth nearest the altar was a sign of prestige in medieval London.

The church was destroyed by the Great Fire in 1666 and the site was still used as a burial ground after that until it was closed by an act of Parliament in 1853. A recent dig unearthed 274 human remains"

"The restaurant featured in the James Bond-themed film sequence for the Olympics opening ceremony which starred the Queen. In the film, diners at Coq d'Argent can be seen waving to a helicopter which supposedly contains Her Majesty and James Bond actor Daniel Craig, who 'fly' over the restaurant on their way to the Olympic Stadium in Stratford where the Queen 'parachutes' in. "

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 18-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No suicide note?

Then I guess we will never really know.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Interesting maybe there's a curse...
or "that's some BAAADDDD chicken, Charlie!"
That's very interesting on the history though...quite fascinated this being the fourth suicide there...wow

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great find, Pharaoh!

I kind of hope this IS some curse... or otherwise just a lot of unrelated personal tragedies....

...because the idea of something in the financial world (generally speaking) so nasty that a top banker would decide to take "the easy way out" is a little scary to me.

Anyone consider that maybe there is a psychopath working at this restaurant, who just gets off on throwing people off of things?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Your posts are exactly the reason I LOVE ATS! Great information that you dug up there - thank you.

Hmmm... The mystery deepens. As the poster above said - if it is a suicide based on inside knowledge, I'm feeling a tad nervous. However - if it is just a good ole-fashioned curse I can rest a little easier!

I won't take my tinfoil hat off just yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well,
In the given link, most of the info is given regards the site and the recent history, but it seems, although they are all presumed suicides, there is only the one who worked for the German bank that has a given reason. Slightly odd, since you would think the daily mail rag would have liked to dig up something for the other two, the reasons could be varied and 'mundane', but then this might be a good example of creating an aura of mystery, of the urban myth type. The latest death, is early days.
I should have added that at least one of those who died was seen jumping on CCTV.

edit on 18-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In the world I lve in there are no coincidences.
That word just irks me.
Coincidence is a word we use to explain something we don't have enough information to understand or intellect to comprehend.

Coincidence is what they hope we'll see when they act agaist us and rule with an iron fist behind a red velvet curtain.

They pray upon our weakness.
Our weakness of mind.
Our natural tendencies to chalk everything we don't understand and can't comprehend as merely a coincidence.

It was no Coincidence and I am now convinced it was no suicide.

This has ritualistic sacrifice written all over it.
I'd bet my next paycheck on it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
did you wonder what the restaurant looks like.....well eerie isnt the word

here it is on the roof

here it is in the olympics opening ceremony

<<   2  3  4 >>

join