It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen and had enough,...wish to leave the USA.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Many, many people had the wish to leave their country and live the rest of their lives in the USA. Most of these people came from countries where they could not live in freedom or had the feel they were not able to grow to their full personal potential.....or many other reasons.

Now that there is a lot going on in the USA and things can get terrible sideways for many overnight I wonder....are there any americans on ATS who wish to live their lives in some other country? Or must things become really bad...like a second Wallstreet collaps to have enough reason to leave?

If so, care to tell us why you have no trust in a fruitful future in the USA? What would you expect to find somewhere else and where would that somewhere else be?

Or....would you stay, no matter what and try to contribute for making things better?

Thx

edit on 18/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Moved from NH to ME. Born in Mass. Lived in NC for a bit. Then back to NH.

I actually want to move more North.

To make a long story short. Political and Worldly events are my main reason why I want to move.

I just wish I didn't move so close to the coast =[.

I would like to move to Canada, Particularly Vancouver. I don't know much about it but I heard it's diverse and real libertarian over there.

The states are not the states anymore. Even John Titor had some valid points.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to stay alive.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I would stay and try to what I could to make things better. My country isn't perfect........but it's my home and I love it for better or worse. It wouldn't matter where you move there are going to be problems. If I HAD to move, I think Canada would be my next choice, got to love those Canadians, they're awsome. Beer, babes and hockey...you can't beat that with a stick.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well I am a Canadian, but I do have a father in law born and raised in Jersey. Let me tell you that he and I have had a plathura of conversations where he wishes he could cross the boarder into Canada and live his life and continue his career in journalism. But family is what's keeping him to stay planted right where he is

But to be quite honest, Canada is quickly becoming just like her neighboring country (U.S), and no longer home of the free. Yikes!

S&F for you

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Some change, Especially political. I don't believe could be changed by 1 person.

We're in Deep.

The mass of Americans wont stand up for whats right and march to take over. However they allow a man, born in Kenya, To usurp presidency. Create unconstitutional laws and wars that are against civil liberties...

Yet no impeachment. Americans sit at home and go "Oh what could we could?.... Nothing so lets wait it out"

Well it's bad. Honestly at this point the Americans who want to sit and watch can have America.

At least Canada marches.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Live in the U.P. I'd rather see the U.P move to Canada and I'll go with it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I'd stay and hash it out, but if I really needed to move then Canada, Australia, New Zealand would be my picks.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm in China so that I could find out what the future would look like. They are no longer Communist, surprise, they all wish to be the next Bill Gates or work for the government for bribes. The government squelches individual critical thought and only the rich know to escape it through a western education.
Innocence is gone world wide, to tell you the truth I have my doubts if any of this can go on any longer. I thought we would solve simple problems like hunger or disease. That's why our ancestors strived so hard in science and technology but profit has overshadowed human dignity.
I yearn that the next revolution be in our minds. Just thinking what you wrote down means you feel things are not what they should be and why? Money has bleached out the real wealth of life, replaced by a fleeting feeling of comfort that money will never suffice. Real wealth comes from creation, learning and giving.
So I'm ready for the next lesson, where to go is wrought with complications and inconveniences. To leave the comforts of home for a simpler life. Is there an escape and if there is, is there enough room for all of us? Is there a dichotomy of the ones who wish to live in the old world and those who wish to build a new one? Where to build the new? In Africa, or where ever we may be?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

well I have lived in Europe myself for the last 5 years. I am from NY.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that we have a hell of a home. I am planning on moving back in the next couple months, join the military, and enjoy the place I took for granted too many times.

The grass is always greener my friend. Love where you are. Where you are going might not be so nice.

You may have traveled, been to a few places and thought, "oh, I could live here"....except most places put on a facade when you are there as a tourist. When they see you are staying, they treat you like one of them, or worse.

You might say, No, I love such and such place....OK, that is fine. But whatever reason you have for loving it, you can find at home.

You like the idea of having options. If things are that bad at home, then stay and make them better. Don't abandon your home that I guarantee you will miss. We are a great people, and have a great place on this earth.

Maybe you should, but you will be making plans on coming back sooner or later. Try moving to a different state, city, or town...you know, we do have a whole continent for the most part....explore it!

I have never loved my country more than now, it took leaving to see how deeply American I was, how close to my heart my country is. Most people need to see what the world is really like. They might then know what their home is like really.

Your home is in your core, in your blood, in between your teeth. You can't get it out of you....it is part of who you are.

edit on 18-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Some change, Especially political. I don't believe could be changed by 1 person.

We're in Deep.

The mass of Americans wont stand up for whats right and march to take over. However they allow a man, born in Kenya, To usurp presidency. Create unconstitutional laws and wars that are against civil liberties...

Yet no impeachment. Americans sit at home and go "Oh what could we could?.... Nothing so lets wait it out"

Well it's bad. Honestly at this point the Americans who want to sit and watch can have America.

At least Canada marches.

Things aren't bad at all in my life. They are pretty damn great actually. Because I have taken an active roll in my own life and made sure of it. I always laugh at all of these people that complain about jobs and the economy blah blah blah. Their life might not be in the crapper if they could just understand sitting around complaining about your life won't fix it, you can do that all day long and not a damn thing will change. It's called personal responsibility. You and your actions are the only reason your life is like it is.......not some imaginary TPTB holding you down or the presidents fault.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

I totally agree with you and I do believe the Meek shall inherit the Earth. The individuals that can see past the greed and manipulation. Individuals who are compassionate about helping one another. The ones that are not in it for the money.

Idk what direction to go in or where to move to. John Titor said Africa was a bad place to be.

However, Like I said. The Meek shall inherit the Earth. So I assume there's nothing that those individuals will have to do.

It will all just happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I live in the US and have a great life.

If you feel strongly about leaving the US, then go. Don't let the door slam on the way out.

I've traveled to different countries and other than the US, I love Australia. I might go for another visit in a year or two.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was in this frame of thought a few years ago. I've since grown out of this phase. No system of government is perfect, and ours certainly is becoming more corrupt as the years roll on, but this is still the land of freedom and opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

Why don't you save up some monies, and travel the world for a while. Try to find a better culture and social system that works best for you. If you can, then try to find an in. If it doesn't work out, come back with a fresh view of our great land.

The US still works out for the majority of us, but some have a psychological makeup that conflicts with our culture. All good. You're free to leave and go to where you can find home, if you really want to.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was born and raised on the West Coast, Joined the Service, been on many deployments over seas, Moved to and lived on the East Coast after the service for 18 years. After my divorce moved to the Pacific Northwest US. Portland to be exact. Been to almost all of the lower 48 and Hawaii, Traveled to both of our neighbors (Canada, Mexico) numerous times each. Been Down under twice. [Lovely food and beaches]

Home is where you make it so.

edit on 18-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

I think the USA is a good place to live. I just don't think the health system is any good. Any health system that profits more from people being sick can get corrupted. I have pretty good health insurance but don't like going to the doctors anymore, because I have good insurance, I get put through the hoops when I go and they don't cure me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have had the opportunity to travel out of the States. While I have always enjoyed visiting other places, I guess I am very much like Dorothy:

Clicks heels together......There's no place like home....There's no place like home.....

I think I'd rather die, than ever give up my home in America permanently!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm much older than most here. A child of the Cold War, I've seen alot. That said, my mind has been blown by the insanity and outright malfeasance I've witnessed over the last 15yrs. This country bears litte resemblance to the one in which I grew-up. But here's the rub: The United States has its tenticles into just about every aspect of global economics and politics. If the U.S. implodes, the aftershocks will very likely bring down just about every other major country in the world.

Just imagine our global consumption suddenly stoppin, our international financial support ending, our military deterence ending in places like South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. Utter chaos would likely ensue. It's not a pretty picture. Seems to me no matter where you go it will be the same story: personal survival.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

We're in Deep.

At least Canada marches.

Seriously??

You want to impeach Obama because you think he was born somewhere he wasn't born??

If we were going to impeach someone, we would have impeached Bush. He actually broke many, many laws in our country and in the world, yet he wasn't impeached. The extremists tried impeaching Clinton for something as petty as oral sex, yet they didn't impeach bush for causing the death of a record number of soldiers, lying to the entire country about WMD, taking us into a war against a country that wasn't even involved in 9/11, ignoring the country that WAS involved in 9/11, crashing the economy and pretty much destroying what it took 200+ years for our country to build.

....and you want to impeach Obama because you don't like him, no other reason, you just don't like him....

Do you know what "impeach" means? It doesn't mean "throw the guy I don't like out of office", it means to bring up on charges. That means there must be an actual crime (like with bush), not just some guy you don't like. Being black isn't a crime. Being a Democrat isn't a crime. ...your dislike of someone doesn't make them guilty of a crime.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The real root of the problem is technofascistology. Because they can, they will.

Find a place where there's not a lot of nosey government technology, if possible. Sure, it will come, but since life is short, you may get some reprieve from the zionist anschluss, and live in peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

We're in Deep.

At least Canada marches.
I'm no fan of O, but let's be real here. The mass of Americans, as you put it, should have been pissed and ''marching to take over'' long before O got into office, before he was even a senator. Should've been pissed when The Patriot Act was introduced. And this crap about being born in Kenya, give it a rest already. Even if he was born in frickin' Bangladesh, he was born to an AMERICAN mother, therefore, he was born an AMERICAN. Unconstitutional laws? Again, refer to the Patriot Act, and executive orders even before that. Wars? Who got the U.S. into Iraq under false pretenses? Bush stole the election, and committed tons of war crimes, that called for impeachment or worse. It was bad way before now, champ. I think that they're ALL chock full of sh!+, and I call BS on them all, not just one side. One more thing, marching won't get you anything but a boot on your neck.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join