It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen hovering in night sky spooks Aberdeenshire family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

SOURCE

There is a clearer video if you click on the link. This appears to be quite impressive although its very difficult to determine exactly what the object is and how high or low it is hovering. It doesn't appear to be moving in the video but again that is difficult to tell. The row of lights is quite interesting although my initial thought was that it could be a plane however I could hear no noise.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

hmmmm, very interesting, especially the row of lights look like nothing seen on regular planes, etc. Could be a drone, toy, spacecraft? Who knows.

Bottom line is folks here should not slam the video because regular non-ATS people shooting the video have not been trained to capture points of reference, such as trees and buildings, etc in order to have their video taken seriously by skeptics. So, it is whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The length of the video and the lack of sound make me suspicious. They look like police lights but I could be mistaken. Getting skeptical in my old age...

I say police lights because there is nothing to indicate that these things are actually airborne, they could just be on a hill or in the distance.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It looks like police cars(or some cars at least)off in the distance.

If this is genuine then is looks like something i saw outside my house a few years ago but that thing should be making a loud god damn noise.Sadly no sound though so i can't tell.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Police there use only blues. So not likely police.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It could literally be anything. There is nothing to reference the lights against, so it's impossible to tell if the lights are on the ground or in the sky. This is one of the weaker videos I've seen.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

one of the lights on the right leave the line and head off to the right on its own.
maybe a formation (line) of airplanes heading towards the camera then one pitches away? could be.
im going with my plane explanation for now until more of the footage surfaces
now if thats the end of the footage i am suspicious!
but......that could just be the news articles snippet to attatch to the story.
no helicopter imho.

ETA: the video says "woman claims to have filmed" which is in itself a lie, as it was the womans-daughters-boyfriend who filmed it.
Just little twisted facts like that dont help the story!

ETA2:

The group ventured outside to film the paranormal object that was seen occupying the same spot for almost five hours.

5 hours eh? so wheres all the other footage and witnesses? there is more than just one family living in Aberdeenshire!

edit on 18-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ok so, i made an account on this website to specifically comment on this video, im a friend of Morag's daughter,

First answer the reason the video is short because there was 3 videos taken, one on Morags phone, one on Scotts camera and the other on Morags camera

Also to the person who said where is the rest of the footage, the object was there for 4+ hours they cant film it for that long

Also there is sound in the original videos you can hear Morag and the rest of the family talking about it and talking about getting the other cameras but in the video the object doesn't make a sound

And about other people seeing it, it was very late at night 2am to be more precise not alot of people are up in the morning at that time, especially in that area because its rural so there is not your average town/city noises to wake you up.

And about the object breaking off to the side, if it even does break off ive never seen anything of the likes of it, but about 1-2 weeks ago in that same area a man found "space jelly" in his back garden, either its from the same thing or its just a random coincidence

I can also say Morag and the family aint the type of people that would lie about things, especially about UFOs

Also you people here are probably more informed on things like these, we are just average people in aberdeenshire, the last thing we expect is a UFO flying around at 2 am

edit on 18-10-2012 by Jwatt because: (mistake)

here is a link to the local news paper article on the internet, (this has sound) beware Scottish accents haha
news.stv.tv...
edit on 18-10-2012 by Jwatt because: mistake again

edit on 18-10-2012 by Jwatt because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by Jwatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Unfortunately the video could be anything. Its not possible to tell if its an airborne object or lights on a hillside.

Youtube is full of these videos and most on here are more than a little jaded. Don't take it personally.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thanks for popping by Jwatt, it's nice to have a real world attatchmet to who has taken the video. If it's possible, could you get your friend to upload the 3 videos to a file hosting site so we can have it without the compression? And if it's not too cheeky, could they do a daylight video of the same area where they saw the ufo? If we have the origional footage, there might be some shapes in the dark which can be matched in with daylight footage.

You're going to read alot of skeptisism, but this place is pretty critical when it comes to videos which are unclear and fuzzy. (an affect of trying to film in the dark, phone cameras aren't very good at it) So any help/material you can offer will help the wolves disect it.

(and welcome to ATS)
edit on 21/10/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jwatt

hi jwatt

thanks for taking the time to sign up and post

for me the most significant thing about this sighting is the combination of named eyewitnesses and a corroberative video

although the video is not of the best quality, it's not obviously a 'known object' - this combined with the multiple eyewitnesses who seem genuine and straightforward makes this one of the most interesting cases i've seen recently

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Seems the witness is creditable enough. Strange reactions:

"Eventually we all went back to bed. I woke up a further two times, the second time was about four hours later and it was still there, but when I next woke up it was daylight and they had gone."

source

Back to bed and went to sleep? I would have been too pumped and paranoid to do that.
If it comes back, call the police. This creates an 'official' public record by another creditable witness, and he might have a better camera with sound.
They can also have comm call the nearest airports and check radar contacts or any known air traffic in the area.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
5 hours eh? so wheres all the other footage and witnesses? there is more than just one family living in Aberdeenshire!

This family stay in the middle of nowhere tbh, not far from a small village called bulger... not surprised if nobody else saw this...
I live not far from where this video was taken

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Some people are very easily amused. I can't comprehend how dots of light at night are "impressive". This can't possibly be classified as a UFO since there's no frame of reference, and there's no possible way to tell from the video that anything is flying. And there is certainly nothing "hovering" in this video.

What this looks like is lights from vehicles on a road. You can even see one of those vehicles go down the road on the right.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Some people are very easily amused. I can't comprehend how dots of light at night are "impressive". This can't possibly be classified as a UFO since there's no frame of reference, and there's no possible way to tell from the video that anything is flying. And there is certainly nothing "hovering" in this video.

What this looks like is lights from vehicles on a road. You can even see one of those vehicles go down the road on the right.

on what basis are you dismissing the eyewitness accounts?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryhulk

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

This family stay in the middle of nowhere tbh, not far from a small village called bulger... not surprised if nobody else saw this...
I live not far from where this video was taken

In reply to this I posted on the closed thread.

Well what do we have yet another CRAP video of lights in the sky why does the ufo community clutch at straws

When will we see a video taken by someone who has some idea how to film and has a really good quality camera the answer is we probably wont because we will see it's not Mog from Zog paying a visit but some mundane reason for the lights in the sky!

It wasn't a comment on the people who took this video it was a comment of these types of video in general, I know that area quite well I had family in the Peterhead area!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
It could literally be anything. There is nothing to reference the lights against, so it's impossible to tell if the lights are on the ground or in the sky. This is one of the weaker videos I've seen.

It seems quite a common occurrence with these type of videos at night that the witnesses are discounted right away.Why would it be impossible for these witnesses to differentiate between lights in the sky and lights on the ground??After all they must be familiar with the terrain as they live there, to jump to premature rejections of witnesses before any real investigation's are carried out ,(or even just give the witnesses the respect believability factor), is not the way forward, just say this IS a genuine off world object is it not up to us to treat ALL witnesses with respect and support before jumping to unjustifiable conclusions.This was no hilly-billy sighting report,these witnesses seem intelligent enough and seem familiar with the terrain where they live to describe what they saw and where.

Ritchie, who woke up her family to witness the event, said: "I saw lights in the sky and thought it was a strange looking star. When I looked closer, I realised they were moving in a spinning motion and then occasionally something shot off to the side. I kept going back to my bed but I was so unsettled that I continued waking up.

news.stv.tv...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Unfortunately the video could be anything. Its not possible to tell if its an airborne object or lights on a hillside.

Youtube is full of these videos and most on here are more than a little jaded. Don't take it personally.

Why is no one believing the witnesses who have stated that this object IS in the sky.Where is the evidence that you are in a much better and credible position to justify such a statement of its impossible to tell if its an air borne object than the actual witnesses who where as follows;

1;There witnessing it;
2.Are familiar with the terrain where they live.

Will we in future just delete and reject ALL witnesses to UFO sightings because of those who clearly perceive themselves to be in a better position to reject them even if they were NOT present at the sighting and probably live half way round the world from the sighting.

There is a photo showing Morag pointing to the section of the SKY where this object/lights was seen and recorded on film,why should we doubt or reject these witnesses , what is the justifiable justifications for doing so.

we have this below too worth considering;

"My husband is a fisherman and he's spent many hours looking up at the night sky, so he was quite sceptical when I told him, but even he admitted it was strange when he saw them.

h

link source to image and quote;
uk.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jwatt

First answer the reason the video is short because there was 3 videos taken, one on Morags phone, one on Scotts camera and the other on Morags camera

Also to the person who said where is the rest of the footage, the object was there for 4+ hours they cant film it for that long

The object is there for 4+ hours, yet you can only film 1 minute 6 seconds of video?

Plus you see it, film it as a UFO, go to bed, then wake up later, it's STILL there and you don't film any more? Or call to report it?

Zero points of reference to even indicate the lights are airborne....i'm leabing more toward car/vehicles.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT

It seems quite a common occurrence with these type of videos at night that the witnesses are discounted right away.Why would it be impossible for these witnesses to differentiate between lights in the sky and lights on the ground??After all they must be familiar with the terrain as they live there

It's pitch black in the video you cant tell the border between ground/sky at that distance, if it lasted so long why no other reports like from anyone closer to the lights.

Funny all these objects in the distance even when above towns/cities are never reported by people in an area below the lights!!!?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join