It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Do people know how many presidential candidates have been arrested JUST FOR TRYING TO VIEW THE DEBATE, nevermind participating in it. WHY? How can you get 15% on a #ed up poll THAT DOES NOT EVEN INCLUDE OTHER PARTIES...but says "OTHER CANDIDATES" instead or "UNDECIDED"?

600-1200 people were asked. What percentage out of 330 million registered voters IS 600 people??????

I swear to god, I am going to lose it totally!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yep....you just now figuring this out?...better late than never I guess....glad you decided to join the ranks of the "awake"....

If you think a freaking thing they show to you is not scripted...you are an idiot. It all serves the ideal...."yes folks...you are free...as long as you do what I tell you to do"....

yeah...that's freedom alright.

edit on 10/19/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well I guess I know how to shut down a thread. See you all later!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its way past time people started pulling there heads out of the sand. Not only is this whole thing fake, but it is grossly infective and really a big waste of time and resources, you all should definitely demand at the very least something more believable, or maybe even something that works. Who knows maybe at this rate we may even become enlightened into the other things going on in the world around us...In a few thousand years, or hundred thousand years most likely.
The rabbit hole goes much deeper then the obviousness of the political game. Everything always does.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was waiting on someone to post this!

Its been this way for a long time, and people are just falling for it.

They don't realize what one president will do if he/she was in office is the same exact thing the other president would do.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

This is actually the first time in any of the debates I have ever seen where I had a feeling one of the candidates was going to possibly throw a punch and knock the other out. They were getting heatedly close there for a few.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I was waiting on someone to post this!

Its been this way for a long time, and people are just falling for it.

They don't realize what one president will do if he/she was in office is the same exact thing the other president would do.

Nah...I think one of them wants to bring back Reaganomics and the other doesn't. It is the 30% and in particular the 15% making laws and amendments that are pro industry and anti worker. They are instituting policy to appease industrialists ( the job creators! lol) and that are proven detrimental to the 70%. Classic example of the tail wagging the dog and the "tail" trying to conceal and hide this fact from the dog. Telling the dog to just live with the fleas. Nothing can be done about them. We are not taking you to the vet. Or something equally preposterous like don't vote or your vote doesn't make a difference. Heck yeah it does.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Wow. Undercover agents causing riots at Occupy and that giving police the right to make 5,000 arrests. I thought this only happens in iran.

Alex Jones during the 2008 election shouting "911 was an inside job" and officials ended up destroying his loudspeaker and cameras. The guy has balls, I give that much.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would be satisfied if there were no political campaigns. Just have a web site with the candidates name and a comparison of all the issues. Let a watch dog group make sure all the issues and policies the candidates believes in are accurate and factual.

We don't need a daily bombardment of B.S. political ads, half truths and just plain lies. The public doesn't need to be taken for fools by political spin doctors. This would eliminate the beauty contest, influence from special interest groups and corporations. No need for political ads, if we really want voters who are well informed, have them go to a website and educate themselves on the candidates true positions. We don't need voters who base their votes along party lines, the looks of the candidate, one line zingers, influenced by spin doctors, polls, who performs best at a debate and who's candidates wife can pull in the sympathy vote.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You only have to look at the last US "election" to see just how many people still fall for the tricks. Just look at how many people said that they were voting for Obama because.............

A. He speaks so well [teleprompters will give that impression]

B. He's so good looking [since when did looks count for a President ? But it does give credit to the Op's comment about being a beauty contest]

C. We need CHANGE [despite voting in the same advisors and backroom men that called the shots behind all the previous Presidents, so what 'changes' ?]

While people still have the mentality of using at least one of these examples for picking a President, then you're only going to get more of the same. And as a defintion of insanity goes..........."to do the same thing over and over again, but expect a different outcome each time" !

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
there is nothing beautiful about it

no statesmanship, not elegance, no charisma, no leadership

just bickering and whiny finger pointing

from BOTH sides

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Really? This made the homepage of ATS?

Scripted beauty contests?

What...are you like a sheep-type jaded American?

A debate is where we get to see a candidate land on his feet...or not... How we acts under pressure.....how he speaks and thinks and feels and reacts.

Even if there is an evil cabal running things, at least some form of democracy is alive and well.

What a cynic you are!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The bilderbergers are normally the heads of the multinational conglomerates in big pharma, military-industrial, banking, media, etc.

Bohemian Grove is where they meet each summer for two weeks. It is the most exclusive club on the planet that I know of.

People suspect everything is rigged but it seems none knows why. Anyway I am not here to monopolise the interest in politics and elitism so this is my last post in this thread, especially since no one cares or gives me any stars. Later!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Most of ATS is already embroiled in the left vs right paradigm, and its just so sad because ATS is supposed to be a shining beacon of hope, full of people who are knowledgable and learn about the truth.

There are way too many Obama/Romney cheerleading threads for comfort here.

You guys are being scammed.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What blows me away is that even "educated" people - I.e. those with bachelors degrees and such, are fooled by these shenanigans. They actually believe the president does things like make major decisions, and blames him when things go wrong.

I mean c'mon ... its so obvious that the system is a sham.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phillyhemp

We are in debt? What is the legal definition of debt? In debt to whom? In debt to what? Are Federal Reserve Notes currency? What is the legal definition of currency? What is the legal definition of Note? What does the U.S. Constitution say about currency? I have nieces & nephews that are all in college, almost all of them with academic scholarships, & none of them can answer those questions. Even their parents, who are also college educated and financially secure, are unable to do so. They continue to participate in a system that they know nothing about & are unwilling to even examine the concepts behind currency & exchange. When you can answer the questions above & do a little U.S. history review, you will find that things are most definitely not what they seem to be....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The lack of original, intelligent, creative thought is what is stunning. They dont dare say anything which might make the dumbed down populace feel unsafe. They`ll stick to an extremely narrow funnel of talking points such as "raising taxes" or "lowering taxes" and other "safe ideas".

Is that the truth! same old rederek different package

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jem78

"Blue Steel? Ferrari? La Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anyone notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Magnum? This???

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I whole heartedly agree that they are scripted and are of absolutely NO SUBSTANCE.
The RNC and DNC should not be getting Liberals, Conservatives or Moderates to moderate.
Moderators should be Independents who have NO AFFILIATION with either PARTY.
The QUESTIONS should be selected at RANDOM via the Internet or based on current subjects of public concern.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join