It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi all,

I think you ATS'ers would know by now that there was hardly anything genuine about the presidential debates. They were scripted and every question, even that of the moderator was pre-screened. Nothing spontaneous was allowed to happen, and no subject outside of the status quo accepted subjects were allowed.

Now it's practically proven that this is the case. which makes you think if the presidential debates are fake, what about the whole election process??? Could it be nothing more than a farce??

The Presidential Debates Are Nothing But Scripted Beauty Contests

(and expert from gawker.com which the article quoted)

Both campaigns are terrified at anything even remotely spontaneous happening.

They aren't permitted to ask each other questions, propose pledges to each other, or walk outside a "predesignated area." And for the town-hall-style debate tomorrow night, the audience members posing questions aren't allowed to ask follow-ups (their mics will be cut off as soon as they get their questions out). Nor will moderator Candy Crowley.

gawker.com...

After the examples, the author writes further...

Here then, within this one process of structuring the presidential debates, we have every active ingredient that typically defines, and degrades, US democracy. The two parties collude in secret. The have the same interests and goals. Everything is done to ensure that the political process is completely scripted and devoid of any spontaneity or reality.

All views that reside outside the narrow confines of the two parties are rigidly excluded. Anyone who might challenge or subvert the two-party duopoly is rendered invisible.

What do you all think??? Is the whole presidential election nothing more than a controlled, scripted process???

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I couldn't sleep last night so I started to watch a recording of the debate on my tv. I had to switch it off after the first hour because it was so false in that all the questions as the op says are screened and they know exactly what to say. Anyone could have went up there and answered them the same way. It wasn't like they never knew what was coming. Our own MPs here in the UK know the questions mostly before they are asked as well.
I was completely bored with both of them acting like little kids arguing about this and that and if the ordinary American off the street was in there and demanded to know why about whatever was wrong they would be lost.
I was looking for a tele prompter as every word seemed to be well rehearsed.
It certainly sent me to sleep so if you suffer from insomnia , then have a watch.....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is a subject I've covered before, so it's difficult to continuously give commentary with the same content over and over again. This is one of the reasons I'm amazed at how many posts some members can have. None the less, I find this subject an important narrative to repeat.This idea of controlled information and political discourse is not conspiracy. It is not an irrational outcome of a stochastic environment, but rather a rational outcome of a controlled system. The control of political discourse and information narratives should be expected as there is great benefits to having this ability. It is also something that should be frowned upon and combated in society because of the negative implications inherent within the ability. Stochastic: random; specifically : involving a random variable -a stochastic process- Edit to add: Rereading this post I'm quite impressed with myself. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but every once in a while when I reread a post I feel like I've contributed something worthwhile and professional. Almost like I could be a real author.
edit on 18-10-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You can't say that the bankers don't know how to put on a good show in order to polarize the people into thinking they have a real choice here. It's just as fraudulent as their paper money scheme. The illusion that we are offered is if we want to vote for green ink or white paper for the currency.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
What do you all think??? Is the whole presidential election nothing more than a controlled, scripted process???

I'm convinced it is!
It's too important to be uncontrolled and unscripted!

edit on 18.10.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I know these have been posted a myriad of times, but they need to be repeated a myriad of times. IMHO.

Fast forward to 2:45...

It's ALL scripted from beginning to end.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Geez, I miss Carlin, no one could cut through the BS like that man.

My favorite part of that that first embeded video was the end where he mentions all the choices that matter in this country have been reduced,while the trivial has grown exponentially. (23 flavors of Bagels)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My favorite saying because it is true...

Two Parties ONE AGENDA!

Of course it is scripted! Even politicians can't remember all those facts (doubt many people could) unless they were prepped beforehand sort of like a play and learning your lines! Once they are learned most will be quickly forgotten!

One reason they do not want a deviation from the script! One reason there are not many spontaneous questions! Look at the video with Romney talking with a Vet he thinks is not gay! HILARITY ENSUES! Because in reality these two are both clowns in an act trying to fool the public. Problem is that it is not working as well as it used to! All the sound-bites sound cliche and not spontaneous! People are catching on!

I hope more wake up to this nonsense! Bravo Gawker for having the balls to do what the MSM does not!
Two Parties ONE AGENDA!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It really kills me that people around here don't realize this is just bread and circuses. It is to create the illusion of democracy. But while doing that it divides those of us that should be united. Come on now, you think one guy that spends 2 hours in makeup and rehearsing speeches has time to do little else. Little puppets, either way you lose.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I love how it's all so obvious and so few seem to see it.

They get right up on stage and tell you how stupid you are to your face.

Candidate A: "I will raise taxes on the wealthy and not raise them one cent on the rest of you."
Candidate B: "I will close loopholes making the wealthy pay more and cap the middle and lower rates."

Difference?

Candidate A: "My opponents plans are just ideas without details. I will fix the economy, fix healthcare and put everyone through college affordably." uuhhh details?

Candidate B: "We will restore Americas economic health by creating jobs, making higher education more accessible and easing the burden of health costs for everyone." uhhhh details?

Candidate A: "In this post 9-11 world defense is of the utmost importance and military spending is not an issue for debate. While I'm at it no rogue nation will be permitted to get away with any crap."

Candidate B: "In this post 9-11 world defense is of the utmost importance and military spending is not an issue for debate. While I'm at it no rogue nation will be permitted to get away with any crap."

What a choice, huh? At least people can pic a color they prefer.
Moron Americans.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you don't know that its all B.S. by now, then I'm surprised you found your way onto this site. Big Bird, Binders of Women, blah, blah, blah. We are trillions in debt. Let's talk about that!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe so but my candidate is cuter than your candidate.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Don't watch them then. Don't vote then. Stop whinging and ignore politics and take up full time golf.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Don't watch them then. Don't vote then. Stop whinging and ignore politics and take up full time golf.

An uninformed, uneducated population is the reason why we are where we are today. If people would hold politicians accountable for their actions they would do their their jobs.

Voting is a privilege and a responsibility. Everyone who votes should have a good understanding of the issues. We all have to live with the consequences. Don't advocate the easy way out. Apathy leads to the decline of the civilization.

No need to razz the OP for pointing out the truth. Deny Ignorance.

edit on 10/18/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

edit on 10/18/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is TWO PARTIES because TWO is easier to control then three and you don't feel like your living in a dictatorship. How is this so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yep. The whole process is a lie. It dosen't matter who you vote for. Whoever wins is a puppet for the controllers. This came about since JFK was killed cause he was no puppet to the Bankers. JFK was a true President for the people. Whoever gets elected has to answer to those who control everything. Everthing is a lie. Ask this to yourself, the debates are all scripted, they know what to say to the answers both of them has to say what they are told to say etc. Obama is worse then Nixon yet Nixon got impeached cause of a revolt that was lurking in the back ground. Ford pardened Nixon cause if anything came about there would surely be a revolution in this country. Don't forget that you can't have any jobs created if there isn't any job structure in the USA any more. The real unemplyment I believe is more over 20%. What do you think.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hear it all the time...

"I don't support either candidate.. But screw Romney ..Obama gets my vote.."

People with no backbone..

Curious .. how many of you are still voting for obama... Im sure there is a few..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The debates, along with the entire two-party system we continue to allow to control us, are straight garbage. I didn't bother watching the 2nd one live as I figured it would be akin to watching 13 year olds argue about who was cooler. Lo and behold when I caught it on CNN a few days later my supposition was proven correct.

I didn't hear anything along the lines of constructive plans or detailed ideas on how to turn around the cesspool we are currently living in. I watched two grown men argue over minor points and dates of who said what when and listened to them lie to each other and everybody watching about what they would do if elected.
Same old nonsense as usual.

It's pretty evident to anyone with half a brain that is still capable of utilizing some critical thinking skills that it doesn't matter which one of these lying scumbags is elected. Big Finance and Big Corporation are going to continue gaining more wealth and power, our civil liberties are going to continue being eroded, we're going to maintain our gradual slide into serfdom, and the police state is going to keep getting more firmly entrenched.

I'm of the opinion now that it's too late to see any meaningful change happen in politics, the status quo is too well dug in and the tentacles have too firm a grasp for us to shake loose.

We're screwed, I wonder what it's going to look like in 20 years.

And for the record I'm not a pessimist, just a realist.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Someone asked: What is more scripted, Professional wrestling or Presidential debates?

Answer: The Presidential Debates. Goldman Sachs always wins.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'll vote for Obama, because it will be my first time voting and the reason why Obama and not Romney is because Healthcare needs to change in the USA, I believe all US Citizens should have affordable/low cost healthcare that will cover all their visits, especially any surgeries etc. and people cannot be denied or let go of insurance because they are "too sick". We need to join the rest of the world. In the USA only the rich have the privilege to be insured, I believe everyone should and will vote for Obama-Care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join