It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China could takeover Canadian Oil Company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In days, Prime Minister Stephen Harper could approve the Chinese National Offshore oil company's $15 billion takeover of Canadians oil company Nexen, and pass a sweeping trade deal...

Chinese companies can sue Canada outside of Canadian courts and behind closed doors (this secrecy is unprecedented by our government)

There has been no national public debate, no debate in the House of Commons, no committee review, no negotiations or consultations with the provincial governments, no transparency. Why? We can only speculate that it’s because the deal is such a bad one for Canadians.

Link here

Not sure how many Canadians are on here, but I think it's about time we bring Harper to trial for treason.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Xquizit because: Grammer

edit on 18-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Xquizit

the title of your thread is misleading. this takeover has not happened as yet and may not, i dont want china in my backyard either, but like i said this has not happened. harper has extended the review for 30 days because of grave concerns in the matter of interests to canada.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
In days, Prime Minister Stephen Harper could approve the Chinese National Offshore oil company's $15 billion takeover of Canadians oil company Nexen, and pass a sweeping trade deal...

Chinese companies can sue Canada outside of Canadian courts and behind closed doors (this secrecy is unprecedented by our government)

There has been no national public debate, no debate in the House of Commons, no committee review, no negotiations or consultations with the provincial governments, no transparency. Why? We can only speculate that it’s because the deal is such a bad one for Canadians.

Link here

Not sure how many Canadians are on here, but I think it's about time we bring Harper to trial for treason.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Xquizit because: Grammer

Before bringing Harper to trail shouldn't the people that own Nexen be brought to trial first? And in case people didn't know Nexen is the company behind the Keystone pipeline. All the more reason to say no to it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm with you, Xquizit-- hey the pm and the SK premier just returned from a "successful" visit with trade officials in China, so I presume this is one of the "successes"...

And hasn't at least one of the latest trade-scams-- er -- agreements - speaking from the West: first they tried to bring in TILMA (Trade Investment Labour Mobility Agreement) and after it was shut down from public outcry (they held actual hearings ohmy), the next trade deal - the SPP, or am I getting the many crazy acronyms mixed-- "Security Prosperity and I can't remember now--

Isn't that where companies can now sue gov'ts/municipalities if you impede their building where ever they damned well please...

A Brazilian company has just taken over XL Foods - the tainted beef problem-- brought in by the cutbacks in health inspections by the same harper dude---

This is a strategy that appears to be working, cuz no one except a few & thank goodness for Rick Mercer, (I say) is appearing to pay any attention to the dictator that is pillaging Canada.

Thanks for calling attention to this.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alphacenturi

Your right... Wasn't my intention, fixed it

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by Xquizit

cool, thanks, like i said i definitely dont want this to happen either and im hoping harper says no, as well, fingers crossed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join