It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simplistically speaking the basic emotions are not "Love vs Hate" but "Safe vs Scared"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Think about it. Simple life forms, they either feel safe or scared. They do what they do (instinct) until they encounter a potential problem (scared). Then they run away.

More complex creatures have a "fight or flight" instinct. So the problem arises, then there is fear, then they can turn it into anger and fight, or they can run away.

Even more complex creatures like humans have great memory and can remember conflicts between others and this can turn into "resentment" , "continuous hate". On the positive side, because they have great memory they can remember their friendliness with others and this can lead to "forgiveness" if one does bad to another.

So all emotions stem from safe or scared feelings.

From feeling Safe, we feel peace. From feeling Safe we can feel our natural emotions such as Love/Friendliness for companionship/community or Lust for reproduction. We are free to act on our instinct and be ourselves.

From feeling Scared, we can become embarrassed if we break social norms and feel fear about how others will judge us. We can feel "sad" that things are as they are - that they are not as we would like them to be and fear for the future or cry over a future we think is unchangeable. From Fear we can feel Jealousy, Anger, or even Hatred because of another person succeeding and we feel insecure because we think we cannot get to where they are in life, or hatred because they do something which makes us uncomfortable.

Safe > Peace > Lust > Friendliness > Infatuation (Obsession) > Love
Scared > Embarrassment > Sadness > Jealousy > Anger > Hate

(There may be other emotions - but these are major ones and how they stem from Safety or Fright)

Have a strong Core (Root Chakra) and remembering your "I AM" that you just exist and nothing "MUST" be done, you can feel secure no matter what happens or what the future may be. You can be yourself without fear, and when fear comes back, you can use release it , and make yourself feel safe, and then plan what you want to do from there.

If I make a mistake and it leads to consequences, the fear will come naturally, but we can always refocus ourselves back into our natural feeling of safety and then plan what to do from there without fear.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If I make a mistake and it leads to consequences, the fear will come naturally, but we can always refocus ourselves back into our natural feeling of safety and then plan what to do from there without fear.

Awesome post Op i never ever viewed this safe vs scared thing before, and i read your post slowly and realized you are a good inner observer of youself. I will have to keep trying because i havent been aware of this until now.

edit on 18-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
lot's of things can threaten your feelings of safety that isn't a direct and obvious threat to you physically.... for example, being alone for a long period of time. It can make you afraid of how you're going to cope with that.

That can also be connected to love... maybe some do not have a fear of being away from love, but MANY do... it is a deep fear... there is also fear for loved ones not just fear for the self that can be self controlled.

I think about dying sometimes, sometimes wonder if it would be more interesting "over there"... but when it's fear.... it's NOTHING compared to anxiety about loved ones or deep fears about being away from a true love for an agonizingly long time.

Immediate fears that are too intense such as witnessing mutilation often just put people into shock.
The dread is so intense that your mind can't function because it has fallen under a frequency it is unaccustomed to.

In that case, a person's fear would feel unnatural to them but some people get more used to being afraid, like people who are dying very gradually or people brought up around abusiveness who begin to transmute fear.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Mostly we are scared of our own feelings about ourselves.
Alan Watts speaks about 'The Quaking Mess':
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Feelings are not thought they seem to have life of their own. When they want to come out they find away of surfacing and it can be painful.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Feelings are not thought they seem to have life of their own. When they want to come out they find away of surfacing and it can be painful.

Sensations arise presently. They are only painful if there is an identity feeling them and wanting to be rid of them.
youtu.be...

It is just light appearing in consciousness.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

there was some funny bits in that vid, girl giggling in background

Well direct experience without conceptulizing, reduces the focus on the feelings. Heres an example a love one or pet dies, you dont need to be thinking in fact you may not even have the ability because of the terrible event which has unfolded and therefore will not even be able to formulate thoughts, although its very likely to be expected that some feelings still surface. I know and experience a seal of unfathomable energy and that is most connecting in a dream. Its reality wakeness that commands our attention it demands we percieve and focus on this.
We are commanded by life to be perceivers of This, and the now and i cant see how feelings wouldnt be included in This.

top topics

join