It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth Warning Sirens Malfunction at 1:30 am

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Fort Worth Warning Sirens Malfunction at 1:30 am

A malfunction caused outdoor sirens to blare across Fort Worth Thursday morning.

The sirens were heard by residents at about 1:30 a.m. at various locations.

Calls flooded the NBC 5 newsroom from startled viewers about the sirens.

The Fort Worth Fire Department reports the sirens were inadvertently activated and the cause is being investigated.

There are 149 sirens across the city. At this time we do not have additional information regarding how many went off at the same time.

It's remarkable how many strange events are taking place recently.

While I'm sure this amounts to nothing important, I thought it might be worth posting to follow up and see what they think caused the malfunction...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I live in Fort Worth and was going to make a thread about this at the time it was happening, I kept looking outside but I didn't see any storm clouds at all! It was really freaky hearing the sirens on a cool and calm fall night. They were on for a good 10-15 minutes

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Maybe this will end up belonging in the metaphysics forum.
I've been seeing a whole lot of those 'mandatory EBS tests' on TV lately.
More than I used to it seems.
(or it could just be my conspiracy paranoia kicking in)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Post as soon as you hear what caused it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This reminds me of an incident I experienced in Baghdad during my deployment. Story goes like this.Most shower stalls and bathrooms in theater are nothing more than aluminum trailers. Usually if you're at a location with older stalls you will see various patches where shrapnel has penetrated these stalls(quite sobering seeing this while showering). Anyway, I was finishing up with a shower in the early evening, in the middle of getting dressed. There was one other guy in the unit with me. Anybody who has experienced any level of community showers knows that you know they are there, but more or less you kind of do your own thing not really paying attention to what others are doing. All of a sudden the incoming alarm went off. At that point I had already experienced multiple attacks so I knew what the deal was. At that moment me and the other guy just looked at each other. We both had that look of "oh $h!!" on our faces. I remember grabbing my personal hygiene bag and running out of the stall shirtless, and diving into a bunker about 50 meters away.It turned out that incident was a system malfunction and false alarm. None the less, it was a somewhat funny moment I'll never forget. Me and this other guy I had never seen before just minding our own business one moment, and the next moment we confronted the possibility of death together.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I work in downtown Fort Worth, and they test the sirens every single Wednesday without fail. Kind of weird that they went off for no reason in the middle of the night. Us in downtown are so used to hearing them every Wednesday afternoon, I think we would all ignore a tornado or incoming missile attack if it were to occur on a Wednesday!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I live in Ft. Worth as well, the sirens didn't wake me but the neighborhood dogs did. You made me think, did the sirens go off yesterday as usual? was just thinking maybe someone screwed up and made 13:30 into 01:30?

S. Hulen area here.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I heard them too, I figured they were just testing them or something.... Since I am a night owl, it didn't occur to me that it was strange to test at the time they did... until later. Then I was like... wait a minute.... it's friggin' past midnight!?!?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I live in Ft. Worth as well, the sirens didn't wake me but the neighborhood dogs did. You made me think, did the sirens go off yesterday as usual? was just thinking maybe someone screwed up and made 13:30 into 01:30?

S. Hulen area here.

Yeah, they sure did. There is a siren right across the street from the building, so it's easy to know when it goes off every Wednesday afternoon!

top topics

join