It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One killed in shootout with UFO/2012-Cult

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Absolutely agreed. Communes are not threat to anyone by their own right and shouldn't be disturbed....if they continue that way. Most communes probably don't have an armory stocked well enough to make a National Guardsman feel envy though. This sounds a whole lot closer to a small Jonestown than it does a 1960's Hippie Commune trying to make life work differently.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
score another Jonestown, Waco, or Heaven's Gate
[take your pick, it's all the same]
for the boys from MK-ULTRA

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Wow...what a poorly done website. It would require a much better site for me to move in with these folks.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by zysin5

Wow...what a poorly done website. It would require a much better site for me to move in with these folks.

If the leader of this group is a charismatic leader, then it may be that he doesn't want people to evaluate his belief rationally, and so is therefore reluctant to have any description of beliefs on the website.

He'd probably want a website that portrayed himself as a qualified person with an important message and then try and "get people in" at meetings & conferences.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I guess the guy who died in the shootout was right!!!

2012 is the end of the world, at least for him ....

sorry guys, had to say it

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Kind of like why does voodoo work?

Because people believe it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Next time I visit my native Country, I'll make sure to pay these guys a visit... or maybe not; They might confuse me with one of the locals and shoot me too.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That was a self fulfilling prophecy.

Kind of like why does voodoo work?

Because people believe it.

Im pretty sure they brought the shootout upon themselves by continually envisioning it, preparing for it, expecting it, wanting it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Calling everyone who considers 2012 something more than just another number on the Calendar idiots is one heck of a statement.......
I would never put such limitations onto idiocy. This planet is infested with billions of idiots, most of whom do not believe in the 2012 Doomsday nonsense. Those who do believe it, are merely a small percentage of a much larger group of idiots.

Well, I'm not sure what circles you travel in.
It should come as no surprise that I don't particularly like most people, thus I do not travel in(belong to) any circles(groups).

A few years ago, I'd have been hard pressed to find peopole outside ATS style web sites that WOULD know 2012 details for what people talk about. Now? Well... 3 major Hollywood movies so far and I'm sure they'll squeak another out somewhere. Maybe a 'what might have been'? With the hype...it wouldn't surprise me. It's made the CULTURAL awareness of this almost subconscious in it's depth and breadth of people aware of it at SOME level. The movies, news stories, books and general chatter about it across society means the awareness is far and wide.
Key Word = 'Movies'

Since there were also 3 'Lord Of The Rings' movies, does that mean that there actually are forests full of giant walking and talking trees? I don't even know how far the extent of the fiction in the Harry Potter movies goes, but since there's like 10 or 15 of those, it must all be true too??

What about the overwhelming amounts of Superhero movies? Do you believe that Superman, Batman, and Spiderman, etc.. etc.... actually exist in reality?

There is some extremely flawed logic behind that type of reasoning.

Try to name a topic that has not been made into a movie. Any topic whatsoever. I wouldn't even attempt to think of one myself, so I wish you the best of luck, if you do try.

Ouch... Thats the 2nd direct insult to everyone on this web site who may think more than an average year with nothing happening. I wonder.., CAN we chat without name calling directly at one another? It'd be a nice thing, IMO.
To the contrary, that was just the 2nd time that you greatly underestimated a comment of mine that was actually pertaining to a very large majority of humanity as a whole.

Toughen up Buttercup. There's no need to be so sensitive. I wasn't referring to you, or the members of this website. There was actually only 2 small parts of that post which were directed at you, neither of which were 'vicious'.

#1. Everyone?? C'mon now. You know that's not true.
That comment still stands, because you could not possibly honestly believe that EVERYONE believes in the 2012 nonsense.

#2. My comment in reference to↓...

Maybe the Mayans were just crappy at prediction........
......because it isn't a Mayan Prediction. The prediction is from the people of today, not people from the past.

I suppose it doesn't really matter who predicted it though, because it will be just another missed prediction, regardless of where it originated.

[color=C9BE62]Knowing that most people are idiots, isn't always necessarily a bad thing. This is just one example, but since it occurred about 1½ hours ago, it seems somewhat appropriate....

Many idiots are legally allowed to drive vehicles. Since I already know that most of the drivers around me are idiots, I always expect them to do something stupid. Albeit, most of the time, they don't, but my expectations cause no harm.

It's a nice dark cool rainy day, where I am. Not pouring hard, but it has been raining off and on since last night. I was on a side street, which has no stop signs at this particular intersection. The road which crossed mine did have stop signs, of course.

I was nearing the intersection when I saw that old woman stop at the stop sign. I let off the gas, because I just knew that she was gonna pull right out in front of my truck, and as expected, she did.

However, that apparently wasn't quite good enough. So she went ahead and bumped up the idiocy another notch, by slowing down in the middle of the intersection, right in front me, while she was turning her head to stare directly at the front of my truck.

The moral of the story: If the appropriate intelligent move is made, when you are slightly expecting the idiotic move, then meh, oh well. However, being surprised by the idiotic move, when you were expecting the appropriate move, is much more likely to lead to dire consequences.

edit on 10/19/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So are you guys saying 12-21-12 isn't the end of the world?

Are you saying I shouldn't have gone to Vegas last weekend and lost all that money?

Are you telling me I shouldn't have told my boss to do what I told him to do?

Thanks a lot! WTH am I going to do now?

Son

Of

A

BITCH!!!!

All I can say is I hope you are all wrong!
I better go find a new job just incase.
edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Granted, I’m chiming-in a little late on this without much to add, but this German wiki page describes Brunck & his exploits…

Even w/Bing translator, it’s a little cumbersome, but we can pretty much derive that this guy is another L. Ron Hubbard wannabe that seems to be creeping-up on Jones/Koresh status…

We’re always going to have cults, but I sure wish they’d keep UFO/extraterrestrial connotations out of their crackpot dogmas. S&F--thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by zysin5

Absolutely! I agree! This is why I had the urge to translate the whole thing. I had to know, if there was some kind of epiphany on that site. Alas no, it was as you put.. Poorly done, and offered nothing more than inviting people out to their conferences.. Which once people got there, I am sure they had some guy who used his charisma to sway people once they got fish hooked in.

I'll just stick with Dr. Steve Brule's rules for all my health care needs.. lol
edit on 19-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

[color=828282]Previous post: I clicked 'Reply' when I meant to click 'Preview'. It threw me off, and I apparently forgot to reply to this last part.......

Tell me, is there anyone but yourself in this topic area which ISN'T an idiot, under-educated or flat out simple minded in your opinion?
Well first of all, I never said I wasn't an idiot, but I'll answer the question anyways.

Yes, many of the people whom know about this 2012 Doomsday nonsense, also understand that the Mayans made no claims that the world was going to end on Dec. 21, 2012.

Even if they had, that still wouldn't change the fact that no one knows for sure what the future will bring. The future has not yet occurred. nor has it been predetermined and written out for us.(which is also something that many people understand)

It seems you have quite a LOW opinion of Conspiracy Theorists in general and absolutely NO respect for anyone speaking of 2012 events outside the strictly normal.
I try to avoid strictly defined categorization such as that. Not all conspiracy theorists are gullible idiots. Just as not all gullible idiots are conspiracy theorists.

It makes me wonder....why reply to threads you just consider naive and ignorant?
I didn't say this thread was naive and ignorant.

....there are extremes of opinion and belief out in the world, as we sit here and speak of it. Those extremes are like the cult that this whole thread is about. In that, it is ANYTHING BUT imaginary on any level and I'm sure there are more of them........
That much is obvious.
I never claimed otherwise.

of course, I'm sure if we just tell all them they are idiots, they'll see the light and come around to dropping all those extreme thoughts.
Obviously, that is sarcasm, and you know it would not work.
Only an idiot would believe it could be that easy.

edit on 10/21/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
According to latest news sources they were expecting the END in May 2012. Maybe they were getting a little restless after May came and went.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
News sources also say that the gang leader is now under arrest. So I guess thats the end of this particular operation.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

lotec16 on the members list last signed in at Dec 31, 1969 ? ,off topic I know but strange
.Its about 6 from the bottom if any wants to see

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Thats some recurring tech-glitch admin are familiar with.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Everyone knows nothing is going to happen on December 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join