It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fireball' spotted in East Bay sky from meteor shower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

'Fireball' spotted in East Bay sky from meteor shower

www.ktvu.com

A large meteor streaked across the night sky Wednesday night and was seen and heard throughout the Bay Area.

Sky observers took to social media to report that they had seen a bright fireball with hues of red and orange break up overhead shortly after 7:30 p.m., accompanied by a loud boom.

The sound was so loud, some residents reported it shook their homes, making them think it may be an earthquake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com
www.utsandiego.com
www.sacbee.com

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The sad thing is that I had just gone inside the house just before this happened. But my phone suddenly started to ring off the hook as fellow associates and researchers were calling me to see if I had seen or possibly snapped a shot myself of this fireball (as I usually am out at night videotaping the sky).

But there are already a number of photos and video coming in from all over. It was really something to see!

www.ktvu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's my hope that others might share their photos or post what they saw (if they witnessed it). If you want to see some really fantastic pictures go to this ABC link

edit on 10/18/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Beautiful and disturbing at the same time.

Sure has been a lot of activity recently...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It almost looks like a missile launch.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Meteor. Looks more like the exhaust of an alien craft.

Or an invisible dragon's breath.
Edit: Im actually gonna have to go with a moon of nibbler(thats what my firefox spellcheck calls nibiru) getting caught in our orbit/ breaking up in our atmosphere.
edit on 18-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wonder if they say the loud boom was a bunker explosion...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Very cool...and yes, it appears as though there has been an upwards trend for these types of meteors lately.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
First 15 seconds only

edit on 18-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A small update as it now appears that this "FireBall" was seen from Sacramento to as far as San Diego. I would venture to say that we have to have more witnesses to the event that can share what their local news is saying (or possibly offering videos and pictures) of this spectacular event.

There is also a great website that stays ontop of Meteoroids and the like here at Meteorite News

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Here is a news story regarding the Fireball.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

this is a pic from NLO meteorite live feed

ill keep checking for better ones as i messed up the first pic which was much better
i think this is a live link as they keep changing

heres a link for live feeds
www.meteorscan.com...

ps no laughing but this as taken me months to learn i,e loading u tube and images and the likes
edit on 18/10/2012 by maryhinge because: same pic twice

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
And an NBC report.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Picture perfect. I was fortunate enough to see this same thing back in Mar - Feb as another one streaked across the Lone Star State.

Heard the sonic boom and all...

edit on 18-10-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

looks like a few very late nights for me must remember the camera

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Fascinating! Beautiful pictures and beautiful video of it! I love that a lot of people were able to capture this footage. Haven't gotten to see a meteor or piece of one in person since I was younger, lucky dogs.
Thanks for posting this and everyone sharing new info, keep us updated!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

looks like a few very late nights for me must remember the camera

Well..
The Orionids Meteor Shower will Peak Oct. 20 which will be late Saturday night. For those that don't know (or have forgotten), the Orionids Shower is quite spectacular as it's the offspring of Halley's Comet and will put on quite a show in the skies of Norcross.

As the Earth passes through a stream of debris from Halley's Comet beginning this week, it will give us the benefit of the annual Orionids meteor shower..

So yes.. get your cameras out.. I plan to have several of mine out and the moon should be agreeable too!

edit on 10/18/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I live in Denver, CO and the other night (I think it was Sat the 13th) me and my boys were at the hot tub in our complex and we saw something very similar. It was pretty big and seemed to close to the earth to be a meteor. A couple that was also in the hot tub saw it to and we all were amazed. Are there more reports of these things coming to earth this past week?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I was outside a bar waiting to meet my wife who just got out of class here in Grants Pass Oregon when we and several others saw from the west, a massive brilliant fireball come streaking though the western sky. We and several other patrons of the bar all gasped and was like " whoa, you guys see that?" hella bright blue yellow- very intense. Cool to see. I called meteor straight away, but that was just a first guess. Cool to see.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov
I was outside a bar waiting to meet my wife who just got out of class here in Grants Pass Oregon when we and several others saw from the west, a massive brilliant fireball come streaking though the western sky. We and several other patrons of the bar all gasped and was like " whoa, you guys see that?" hella bright blue yellow- very intense. Cool to see. I called meteor straight away, but that was just a first guess. Cool to see.

Out of curiosity...

Do you recall around what time that was that you witnessed it? I'm trying to get a timeframe on this thing as it passes above..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Out of curiosity...

Do you recall around what time that was that you witnessed it? I'm trying to get a timeframe on this thing as it passes above..

The wife got out of class @ 7:20p.m. Probably 8-10 minute drive to the pub. So I reckon we're lookin' at about 7:30- 7:35ish. Keep in mind, I was @ a bar after all.
So all times are approximate.

I was standing out front of the bar having a smoke when she drove up, parked her car across the street, and walked over. We chatted for a minute or two along with a couple other patrons when it happened, so you can factor that in as well.

Next time, should there be a next time, I will make a point of looking at the clock.

edit on 18-10-2012 by JimmyJagov because: adding some detail.

edit on 18-10-2012 by JimmyJagov because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by JimmyJagov because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join